House Price Crash Forum

Long-term rising property prices could now be in reverse, long-term!

https://www.dailyreckoning.co.uk/economy/long-term-rising-property-prices-could-now-be-in-reverse-long-term/

Did you hear the announcement from the Bank of England, last week?

The total change in tone, from previous statements was clear.  This is what the Monetary Policy Committee meeting said:

“The Committee judges that… monetary policy would need to be tightened somewhat earlier and by a somewhat greater extent over the forecast period than anticipated at the time of the November report.”

I wish I could believe what comes out of BoE's mouths. How many times have we heard this kind of statement being made only then for nothing to happen. I seem to also remember someone (mightve been Carnage) saying that they would tolerate higher than normal inflation.

I do hope they do raise rates faster than anticipated but my money would be on no rate rises at all. There's always an excuse.

1 hour ago, rolandormrod said:

I wish I could believe what comes out of BoE's mouths. How many times have we heard this kind of statement being made only then for nothing to happen. I seem to also remember someone (mightve been Carnage) saying that they would tolerate higher than normal inflation.

I do hope they do raise rates faster than anticipated but my money would be on no rate rises at all. There's always an excuse.

Has Carney said anything in recent months? I just suspect his credibility is waning by the day.

Just now, TonyJ said:

The US is likely to raise their rates again on March 21st. Our own MPC meets on March 22nd.

People are in denial.

They said I was wrong when I said rates were going up at the end of last year.

They now say rates wont go up again or if they do they will go up slowly or rising rates wont cause a crash, they need to be 6%+ it seems...even with prices at eye watering levels and disposable incomes being hammered by inflation.

Someone on another thread put it well when they said:

max out on house prices with 10% inflation + 15% wage rises = easy to pay off house

max out on house prices with 10% inflation + 0% wage rises = impossible to pay off house.

Inflation  + IR rises + no wage inflation = collapse.

The trolls might say otherwise of course.

We could have 1.5% IRs by the end of the year. If the lending stops or tightens the the bankers need a crash to get things rolling again....they can surely withstand one now.

4 minutes ago, fluteroop said:

Yeah. And how many times did you get excited over the last decade when they SAID they were going to. 

Whatever they do, the game is over 

You've been trolling for a decade ?

I might not have coined the phrase...watch what they do, not what they say, but I was certainly an advocate of it.

There was a seismic shift last year and IRs will now rise.

Believe it or not, it's up to you, but dont shoot the messenger.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst is my moto.

37 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You've been trolling for a decade ?

I might not have coined the phrase...watch what they do, not what they say, but I was certainly an advocate of it.

There was a seismic shift last year and IRs will now rise.

Believe it or not, it's up to you, but dont shoot the messenger.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst is my moto.

BoE has also been trolling all of us for over a decade. 

The question is how much longer can they artificially keep the bubble inflated. My guess would be as long as they can. So in my view, earliest interest rate rises will be September 2018 or further away. I would be very happy if I am proven to be wrong! 

58 minutes ago, warrior88 said:

The question is how much longer can they artificially keep the bubble inflated. My guess would be as long as they can. So in my view, earliest interest rate rises will be September 2018 or further away. I would be very happy if I am proven to be wrong! 

Im just a bit suspicious of random posters who seem to be able to comment on  a decade of posts from people on here,

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You speicifically queried about me:

" how many times did you get excited over the last decade when they SAID they were going to."

I usually block the people who seem to be stalking a decade of my posts ( in correctly ).

Bye

He/she is a different member, not me mate.

2 minutes ago, happyguy said:

I have been hearing about the impending  doom of the economy and housing market for many years now 

Maybe the companies going under 1 after the other for the last couple of months has passed you by.

Maybe the insanity of FLS/0% IRs has convinced you all is well.

Maybe you dont see an y down side in BrExit of the British peoples eventually response to continued mass immigration,.

The doom is right there for all to see, most of all the insanely house prices.

1 hour ago, warrior88 said:

The question is how much longer can they artificially keep the bubble inflated. My guess would be as long as they can. 

It makes no sense though for them to do it "as long as they can." Imagine if you are them, you'd want to do it before then,  have some sort of wiggle room, some sort of control as you bring everything down. I mean rather than just wait until it all crumbles and you actually lose control altogether. Remember these people  are in general giant ego control freaks.  

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I already corrected that.  See above.  100% wrong on that.  100% right on IRs :lol: 

I for one would celebrate these IR rises - I recall a conversation I had with my brother back in 2014 when everyone predicted interest rate rises at the end of 2014 - still waiting for the event to actually happen.

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

It makes no sense though for them to do it "as long as they can." Imagine if you are them, you'd want to do it before then,  have some sort of wiggle room, some sort of control as you bring everything down. I mean rather than just wait until it all crumbles and you actually lose control altogether. Remember these people  are in general giant ego control freaks.  

Self interest for TPTB - political/monetary/economical ..........

The longer they wait - the severe the impact I agree