House Price Crash Forum

McCann police ask for more funding

thecrashingisles

HOLA441
14 hours ago, BuyToLeech said:

Or carelessness, or forgetfulness, or naivety, none of which are crimes, or even particularly deserving of criticism. 

Everyone makes mistakes, they don’t deserve to be robbed or killed.

And no amount of carelessness or recklessness justifies someone else’s intentional crime.

You’ll be excited to know that the psychological error you are making (and it is an error) has been studied.  The best explanation for it is related to the ‘just world hypothesis’

By blaming victims for their imagined stupidity or moral shortcomings, you can comfort yourself that you aren’t going to be a victim, because you don’t have those shortcomings (or so you think).

Sadly, this is untrue.  In fact, the world is not just, and bad things are often outside our control.  And, in any case, we all have those shortcomings.

One day, you will forget to lock your door, or be distracted for a second while driving, or leave your laptop on top of a car. When that happens, I hope for your sake that the people around you aren’t afflicted with the same comforting delusions.

Nope.

leaving your door unlocked is not the same as leaving your kid unattended in a foreign country you do not know. 

never lost a phone, never had my car nicked, never left the gas on, never left my wallet somewhere. never left the tap running. never crashed a car. 

depends on your thought process, i am naturally a cautious person and rarely have any trust in anyone anyway. so i will naturally expect the worst from people and align myself to have a plan should i need it. 

HOLA442

Cost of investigation was 11 million as of 2017 according to this link...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3075661/good-morning-britain-viewers-in-meltdown-over-ridiculous-11-1-million-bill-for-the-madeleine-mccann-investigation-as-top-cop-declares-it-is-a-waste-of-money/

Comparisons to other investigations of differing types....

Hillsborough 80 million (legal)

Grenfell      38 million ( police )

Stephen Lawrence 30 million (police)

Chilcot (Iraq war) 13 million (legal)

HOLA443
On 13/02/2018 at 6:22 PM, longgone said:

" ....IF HER PARENTS DID NOT LEAVE HER ALONE IN THE HOTEL. "

You're fully entitled to feel that my original quote needs ammending and suggesting a replacement for some or all of the text....

BUT, even if I agreed with your sentiment, I take exception at you editing my original quote in such a way that it appears your words were in fact my original statement.  That's naughty!

HOLA444
31 minutes ago, anonguest said:

You're fully entitled to feel that my original quote needs ammending and suggesting a replacement for some or all of the text....

BUT, even if I agreed with your sentiment, I take exception at you editing my original quote in such a way that it appears your words were in fact my original statement.  That's naughty!

i did highlight my edits in capitals and bold. i am sure it will be forgotten about soon enough anyway. :rolleyes:

HOLA445
9 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Cost of investigation was 11 million as of 2017 according to this link...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3075661/good-morning-britain-viewers-in-meltdown-over-ridiculous-11-1-million-bill-for-the-madeleine-mccann-investigation-as-top-cop-declares-it-is-a-waste-of-money/

Comparisons to other investigations of differing types....

Hillsborough 80 million (legal)

Grenfell      38 million ( police )

Stephen Lawrence 30 million (police)

Chilcot (Iraq war) 13 million (legal)

Assange-watch 12 million. Huge risk to the public he is.

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 15/02/2018 at 1:17 PM, GeordieAndy said:

Feel for the parents but more so for their daughter. So many strange things in the case though...

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/04/the-strange-case-of-gordon-brown-and-the-mccanns/

My personal opinion on this going on what information we have is that she wasn’t taken, or even murdered. That she was unsupervised, larked about and got herself into fatal bother, like hit her head. The rest descends into deeper conjecture but police cadaver dogs aren’t trained to lie...

HOLA448
21 hours ago, PopGun said:

My personal opinion on this going on what information we have is that she wasn’t taken, or even murdered. That she was unsupervised, larked about and got herself into fatal bother, like hit her head. The rest descends into deeper conjecture but police cadaver dogs aren’t trained to lie...

That's a very interesting link: thank you. I think your conclusion is consistent with everything I know about the case.

In that 2016 article, Craig Murray's argument that direct interference from No.10 occurred from the start, and was both extraordinary, and damaging to the investigation, sounds water-tight.

His contention that this was Tony Blair (and perhaps Gordon Brown) chasing a "photogenic tragedy" to bolster their own media image, is hugely damning and sounds very plausible.

HOLA449
21 hours ago, PopGun said:

police cadaver dogs aren’t trained to lie...

Indeed and the media interviews about this that took place in Portugal with the McCanns etc don't flatter them. I know if cadaver was found in the last place my missing child was known to be I would be doing everything to follow up on such evidence :(

Archived