House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
redwing

Very Bearish Larry Elliot Article In The Guardian

Apart from being one of my favourite economics writers, Larry Elliot thinks there's a very good chance of 2006 being a nightmare year.

Read on:

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1697724,00.html

Headline: "Spectre of bear casts shadow over Goldilocks' party in the fairytale snows of Davos"

He signs off with:

"One thing is for sure. You wouldn't bet too much money on a soft landing. And rightly so."

If you like the prospect of a housing crash, enjoy!

If you fear a very nasty recession, put your tin helmet on!

Apart from being one of my favourite economics writers, Larry Elliot thinks there's a very good chance of 2006 being a nightmare year.

Read on:

Headline: "Spectre of bear casts shadow over Goldilocks' party in the fairytale snows of Davos"

He signs off with:

"One thing is for sure. You wouldn't bet too much money on a soft landing. And rightly so."

Very interesting reading. Definitely one for them to republish in 12 months.

Very interesting reading. Definitely one for them to republish in 12 months.

Indeed, some real weight with Stephen Roach's comments. If the DOW continues to rise through to may then this summer i will be tempted to put my shorts on.

Read on:

He signs off with:

Spot on -- it's just a matter of time -- it may be this year it may be next -- BUT the longer it goes on the worse it's going to be in the end.....

If we revisit 1929 with a vengeance, and the economy is certainly headed in that direction with mountainous debt levels, we may not like what we get. A monumental HPC is possible but in its terrible wake will come mass unemployment, bankruptcies on a historic scale, and the end of the good life as we know it. The credit bubble created by Al Greenspan and his protege Gordon Brown will have hell to pay for a generation because there is never something for nothing. Gordon's "miracle economy" can't last as even the miracles in the Bible were a temporay fix for an inevitable end--Lazarous, after all, eventually died after his interim resurrection.

Edited by Realistbear

If we revisit 1929 with a vengeance, and the economy is certainly headed in that direction with mountainous debt levels, we may not like what we get. A monumental HPC is possible but in its terrible wake will come mass unemployment, bankruptcies on a historic scale, and the end of the good life as we know it. The credit bubble created by Al Greenspan and his protege Gordon Brown will have hell to pay for a generation because there is never something for nothing. Gordon's "miracle economy" can't last as even the miracles in the Bible were a temporay fix for an inevitable end--Lazarous, after all, eventually died after his interim resurrection.

Ha! The will, of course, do everything in their power to fiddle the whole thing..... I see Greensapn is coming to help Brown out with sophistry and tricks.....

I see Greensapn is coming to help Brown out with sophistry and tricks.....

Don't bet on it. Greenspan has, after all, already pretty much destroyed the global economy single-handed.

Maybe Brown's just going to say 'it's not my fault, it's the global economy, even the arch-magus of economics couldn't save us'.