House Price Crash Forum

Halifax January 2018

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

If Halifax and Nationwide keep these indices as a way of drawing attention to themselves, you can see why they might want to put out a positive number each time. Very little MSM coverage of this negative figure, compared to Nationwide's rise last week.

Here's one of the few:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/feb/07/uk-house-prices-fall-again-as-household-income-squeezed

HOLA447
1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

If Halifax and Nationwide keep these indices as a way of drawing attention to themselves, you can see why they might want to put out a positive number each time. Very little MSM coverage of this negative figure, compared to Nationwide's rise last week.

Fortunately they don't control the narrative the way they once did.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

looking at the chart on their webpage, last time Halifax (the north) was going while while nationwide (the south) was falling was just before a large housing crash. Its almost a leading indicator of whats to come.

But looking at the time scales we should know in a few months! 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Often the scamper by investors out of the south and into the north is a sign that the market is in its final throes. 

Pruces are beyond unaffordable now and any sign of recession can quickly lead to carnage. 

But with interest rates so low it’s really worrying how many ppl might still lose their homes in such an event. Can’t see IR ever normalising in this country again in my life time. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

there is no WOULD or COULD since the DEBTpushers control house prices, you will pay what they think you SHOULD

edit: ever noticed how if you say/read a single word over and over it sounds/looks wrong? pick a word and try it, any word

Edited by thewig

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
54 minutes ago, Ash4781 said:

Halifax also launched a current account switching reward scheme.  Dovetails nicely with comments on low mortgage volumes.

They don't seem to be that related -  new mortgage business is lending (asset/ cash out) vs. current account which is deposits  (liability/cash in)

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Using what you COULD or what you WOULD pay?

Using what I WOULD pay I can afford 50%.

Using what I and my partner COULD pay its 86%.

Yes fair enough - I am hoping that there is a house price correction/crash and I would like to pay the 93% rather than could pay.