House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Hundreds of M&S jobs at risk in UK shake-up

Its taken this long? Who can afford to shop there? The food is nice but way overpriced. Aldi/Lidl is just as good. The clothes are out of fashion and overpriced. Primark is better and a fraction of the price. M&S is a dinosaur and ought to have closed years ago, like BHS.

3 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

The clothes are out of fashion and overpriced. Primark is better and a fraction of the price. 

They are both carp quality but a shirt in primark is £6 instead of the £35 m&s want.  

i looked at 501 jeans over Christmas, you might as well buy jeans from asda for £8 in fact the asda ones were better quality.  debenhams next to go 

31 minutes ago, longgone said:

They are both carp quality but a shirt in primark is £6 instead of the £35 m&s want.  

i looked at 501 jeans over Christmas, you might as well buy jeans from asda for £8 in fact the asda ones were better quality.  debenhams next to go 

Agreed on all the above. I shop in primark for shirts, underwear and 80% of stuff that gets snagged, stained and won't last anyway. But then I buy very good shoes and jackets. 

33 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

Agreed on all the above. I shop in primark for shirts, underwear and 80% of stuff that gets snagged, stained and won't last anyway. But then I buy very good shoes and jackets. 

i only buy stuff in the sales and then use cashback or discount codes on top 

got this for £24 from £90

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_090010132343_-1?CMP=AFC-CJ-2617611-8515867

actually nice quality for modern clothes which is unusual.