House Price Crash Forum

Nutella price crash - new recipe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the long held impression extra virgin olive oil was good... Can't remember the science or even if I understood the science when discussing with an academic doing doctoral research on them.

Coconut oil seems to be the in thing these days... High saturated fats but again meant to be super healthy.  When I was growing up we had a choice between butter and flora (sunflower spread). Used to be super popular I think and distinctly remember visiting a very old slightly eccentric aunt that at one time was a doctor.  Think it was also flora for her (and daily swims in the sea at a ripe old age)

Anyway whatever the facts I'm sure we'll be better informed in another 20 years and some of the things we're eating today will be clear no-no's then.

2 hours ago, Dogtanian said:

Coconut oil seems to be the in thing these days... High saturated fats but again meant to be super healthy.

I use this to oil pull sometimes. Swish some around in my mouth for a while and teeth feel super clean smooth afterwards. It gets into all the crevices between the teeth.

Root canals (or putting dead tissue back into your body) can be dangerous because bacteria can grow in the space and the blood stream / immune system can't access it. If / when it does get into the blood stream, that's a constant supply of poison to the body and the immune system can't fight it back to it's origin. If I had a Root canal I would coconut oil pull for that reason too, try to get the oil in all and any gaps, although that's not as good as not having a root canal.

I fry with ghee, sometimes bacon and eggs. I have a bag of organic Kale kept in the fridge I eat raw like crisps (it's cheap because not many want it I like the taste).

2 hours ago, Dogtanian said:

When I was growing up we had a choice between butter and flora (sunflower spread).

I use butter and don't believe the hype bout cholesterol from statin pushers. Cholesterol lines the arteries making them smooth and women naturally have more than men. Statins will deplete you of CoQ10 and contribute to dementia.

Intermittent fasting is worth a shot too (unless you are diabetic). It's a standard part of my life now I've got so used to it. Gives your whole digestive system a break like an oil change for car. Many other benefits such as improving insulin sensitivity.

3 hours ago, chronyx said:

Omega oils are good for you

Indeed they are. Incase you didn't know, what do you think the white gelatinous blob we call the brain is made of?

Fat 60%   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20329590

and it insulates the conductive nerves

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Indeed they are. Incase you didn't know, what do you think the white gelatinous blob we call the brain is made of?

Fat 60%   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20329590

and it insulates the conductive nerves

OK Professor, for clarity and as it was what I was talking about in the previous post:

Omega oils refined from high omega 6 seeds.

@Arpeggio very interesting food for thought.  Never heard of swishing coconut oil may look into giving a try but not sure about mouth of oil.  And kale is definitely one of the cheap and hardy vegetables out there, I used to use in smoothies but the machine has been in the cupboard for a couple of years.  I have had kale chips before but they were store bought... Very tasty and very expensive (think they were flavoured with some kind of nut mix).  

I'm partial to garlic and ginger too.  And butter is great but I tend to use original lurpack mostly which I'm sure isn't as good but tasty and oh so spreadable.  Everything in moderation I guess.

Fasting is something I have been wanting to get into for a while, the evidence seems to be overwhelming positive. Maybe next year's resolution!

I've never liked it, or any chocolate spread for that matter. For once I can sit back and enjoy the carnage, without feeling like I should be doing something.

It really is incredible to think that people are getting worked up over stuff like this when you consider the nefarious governments and central banking cartels we live under.

31 minutes ago, Dogtanian said:sting is something I have been wanting to get into for a while, the evidence seems to be overwhelming positive. Maybe next year's resolution!

Fasting.. the only advice I can give you is to get as skint as you can and try it. Better yet, give me all your money, then try it.

19 hours ago, Dogtanian said:

@Arpeggio very interesting food for thought.  Never heard of swishing coconut oil may look into giving a try but not sure about mouth of oil.  And kale is definitely one of the cheap and hardy vegetables out there, I used to use in smoothies but the machine has been in the cupboard for a couple of years.  I have had kale chips before but they were store bought... Very tasty and very expensive (think they were flavoured with some kind of nut mix).  

I'm partial to garlic and ginger too.  And butter is great but I tend to use original lurpack mostly which I'm sure isn't as good but tasty and oh so spreadable.  Everything in moderation I guess.

Fasting is something I have been wanting to get into for a while, the evidence seems to be overwhelming positive. Maybe next year's resolution!

Tesco sell 200g bag of organic kale for £1.50 that usually lasts me a week. The Kale chips sound a bit gentrified! For growing your own I've found that cabbage has a great yield although I'd be curious about home growing Kale. I have found 16/8 IF has been the best way to lose fat and can save a bit of money too.

If you start off by not eating after last meal at 7pm - 8pm you may find yourself feeling very hungry around bed time and pretty hungry in the morning. If you can hold off eating until 11am then that's 16 hours. It's hard at first because your body is used to eating at those times. Eventually the body learns and produces less grehlin (the hunger hormone) at those times. The body will metabolize fat reserves before anything else in a fasted state. Good luck.