Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

Nothing to see here. move along

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidents_Club

 

The charitable trust's joint chairmen as of 2018 were the property developer Bruce Ritchie and the businessman and Department for Education director David Meller

 

"They would pay for a dinner and participate in auctions of such prizes as meetings with influential people"

 

How f**king corrupt is the UK ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Tea with Mark Carney' read the blurb from a website that flashed up on the news yesterday.

I'd probably tip said cup of tea over his head, the neoliberal puppet. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole affair is vile, and as clear a condemnation of our lords and masters as I can imagine. Loving it*.

* "Scandal - people love it. It's like the smell of their own sh1t." ~Dario Fo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be honest it will be forgot about by tomorrow. Just being used as an excuse for extra man hate in the current media push that all men are evil and should be condemned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, doomed said:

Let’s be honest it will be forgot about by tomorrow. Just being used as an excuse for extra man hate in the current media push that all men are evil and should be condemned.

I still remember a certain pig's head!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only people upset by the evening appear to have been the two poisonous, scurf-ridden androphobes moonlighting from the FT.

"Another woman is alleged to have been shown a *****."

Scandalous. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, doomed said:

Let’s be honest it will be forgot about by tomorrow. Just being used as an excuse for extra man hate in the current media push that all men are evil and should be condemned.

Yeah - women should just carry on putting up with our shite in case some bloke decides to indulge in hyperbole and gets a bit upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked at one of these 'Charity Events' many moons ago at the Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane. That **** who should have been in jail - Jeffrey Archer was the auctioneer. Many a 'pizzagate' looking moment going on there I can tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doomed said:

Let’s be honest it will be forgot about by tomorrow. Just being used as an excuse for extra man hate in the current media push that all men are evil and should be condemned.

For me it's more about the "elite hate" than the "man hate" angle of this.  So I think it's got legs in the current "eat the rich" narrative that's going on.  The fact that all of these elites are men is just a deeply unfortunate fact that most of the elite ARE men.  If they weren't then this sort of embarrassing shit would simply be less likely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what happens when those in authority continuously pander to the shrieking of intolerant populists. Millie Tant and the Drudge Squad will be demanding the censorship our novels, paintings and films next. In the interests of moral improvement, naturally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zugzwang said:

The only people upset by the evening appear to have been the two poisonous, scurf-ridden androphobes moonlighting from the FT.

"Another woman is alleged to have been shown a *****."

Scandalous. :lol:

Yeah, because e.g. putting your hand up a woman's skirt when she doesn't want you to isn't sexual harassment/assault at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, juvenal said:

I'm surprised ccc hasn't been mentioned in the press coverage....

:D

Never invited. :(

As for the story. I'm always a bit cynical of any undercover story where they go into somewhere with the single aim of finding certain things. 

I've read plenty of quotes saying things like "A hostess said this happened" etc. 

Do we have any actual quotes direct from these hostesses ? Their non disclosure agreements clearly mean sweet FA now so I would expect some.

Also was there a hidden camera or microphone on the undercover person ?

They are used in every other type of operation like this you see. And they can be absolutely tiny so the fact they were wearing small dresses shouldn't have been an issue. 

Have we any actual film of any of this stuff going on or audio footage ? 

I've no idea what goes on in these places as never been or known anyone who attends. 

However all I've read so far has been hearsay from a single person whose entire role was to come out of that place with such stories. 

I may have missed the above I've only read one story on it. 

Interesting the number of "property" type bods there though. 

Desperate times for them ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

The detailed article. Appears she had a hidden camera and microphone all night. 

Maybe to make it easier her next expose could be an all women's night out with male strippers. 

Probably have to wait all of 37 seconds to actually record footage of verifiable sexual assault on that occasion. 

Maybe I'm just too cynical ...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ccc said:

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

The detailed article. Appears she had a hidden camera and microphone all night. 

Maybe to make it easier her next expose could be an all women's night out with male strippers. 

Probably have to wait all of 37 seconds to actually record footage of verifiable sexual assault on that occasion. 

Maybe I'm just too cynical ...:rolleyes:

You are, I used to go to a few of these probably about 15 years ago. They also ran boxing do’s and other events similar format 

Time moves on, if my daughter is to be treated equally then all this power play bullying has to stop. It’s not sexual it’s abuse of power.

At some of the do’s people even bought their female colleagues who seemed uncomfortable 

I am no snowflake but time moves on and by the way to all my younger friends on here it seems men of 40 or less seem to be the worst culprits now perhaps insecurity I don’t know or their exposure through social media to the objectification of women

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tomandlu said:

Yeah - women should just carry on putting up with our shite in case some bloke decides to indulge in hyperbole and gets a bit upset.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg Bowman said:

You are, I used to go to a few of these probably about 15 years ago. They also ran boxing do’s and other events similar format 

Time moves on, if my daughter is to be treated equally then all this power play bullying has to stop. It’s not sexual it’s abuse of power.

At some of the do’s people even bought their female colleagues who seemed uncomfortable 

I am no snowflake but time moves on and by the way to all my younger friends on here it seems men of 40 or less seem to be the worst culprits now perhaps insecurity I don’t know or their exposure through social media to the objectification of women

Well if it's bad but they raise a huge amount for charity - maybe a better option would be to work on sorting out the issues rather than just stopping it immediately ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, guest_northshore said:

Yeah, because e.g. putting your hand up a woman's skirt when she doesn't want you to isn't sexual harassment/assault at all.

People lose their inhibitions after they've taken a drink. Who knew? That's not sexual harrassment or assault.

Personally, I feel most sorry for the young women denied the opportunity to earn a living by a cadre of joyless, horse-faced bluestockings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

People lose their inhibitions after they've taken a drink. Who knew? That's not sexual harrassment or assault.

Personally, I feel most sorry for the young women denied the opportunity to earn a living by a cadre of joyless, horse-faced bluestockings.

 

An interesting and seemingly honest viewpoint from the woman who runs the company that hires the girls I'd in that article.

It's a marmite job. Some love it and some hate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 406 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.