House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving For a Space Ship

R4 exposes multi-million £ global trade in fake diplomas & extortion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09ly731

This was unbelievable & scary, particularly the extortion bit in the 2nd half , extortion of £100, 000's after selling them fake degrees etc 

Degrees of Deception

File on 4 exposes a multi-million pound global trade in fake diplomas.

A complex network of online universities sells degrees, doctorates and professional qualifications - for a price. Some of the buyers have gone on to trade on these credentials, including them on their CVs and gaining jobs in public life.

Others, after making an initial purchase, were blackmailed by the sellers, who threatened to expose them unless they paid out huge additional sums of money.

Despite criminal investigations in numerous countries, why is there still a thriving trade in dubious qualifications and are institutions and companies taking the issue seriously enough?

Seems like just deserts to me, no mention of the ethical and practical problems of fake qualifications, do you want to drive over a bridge designed by a fake engineer or be operated on by a fake doctor?

When I first heard about this, my first though was "cheating barstewards". My second thought was "both parties are playing fast and loose with people's lives". My third (the extortion bit) was "these fake diploma guys have the perfect business model".

My last thought was, why oh why can't I be a psychopath. Seriously, anyone with no empathy should be a billionaire, no excuses.

PS : another sociological aspect to this was the willingness of a son to tell the press his deceased father had used a fake degree for twenty years. Why did he think it was okay to rat on a dead guy, let alone his own father ( who has no chance to defend himself)?

Weird world.

54 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

My last thought was, why oh why can't I be a psychopath. Seriously, anyone with no empathy should be a billionaire, no excuses.

Must be bliss, only being concerned about your own immediate materialistic needs and simply not giving a sh1t about anything else.

27 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Must be bliss, only being concerned about your own immediate materialistic needs and simply not giving a sh1t about anything else.

sounds like sane individual to me.  or a Landlord. :lol:

'Staggering' trade in fake degrees revealed  

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42579634

The bigger scandal is thes fookers are still going 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axact

Subject: Axact’s Official Response to a Defamatory Article published on the BBC Website

https://www.axact.com/news/official-response-against-defamatory-article-bbc-Jan-2018/ https://www.facebook.com/Axactians/

Isn't there a loophole, though? I have no idea about legalities.

You can have a degree, but it's up to some other board or institution if it's recognised. 

The University of Redding isn't claiming to be the University of Reading, for example. Axact also has a Barklay University.

I am wondering myself about becoming Dean of Ocksford.

Here's a good quote from Axact:

Not only this false propaganda creates misrepresentation about Axact but also poses a threat to the invaluable IT Exports of Pakistan, 65% of which is due to Axact.

You gotta hope these guys are full of it, otherwise that's one helluva lot of unqualified IT professionals.

Also I was asked on another thread what the diff was between a graduate from country x and one from country y. We now apparently have the answer when it comes to 65% of those from Pakistan! :lol:

On the other hand, it seems that one full quarter of UK undergrads now receive a 1st. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the need to wave a big enough carrot to fill all that new student accommodation and rake in the cartel-controlled £9k pa. :lol:

"Education, education, education." said Tony. I'm not even sure what it means anymore.