House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Massive price falls in London !!!

Move on, house prices still rising....

"However Your Move insists that so far, ripples from the slowdown in London have only really reached the South East"

Where they'll bump into Milton Keynes and stop ;-)

10 minutes ago, yodigo said:

Move on, house prices still rising....

"However Your Move insists that so far, ripples from the slowdown in London have only really reached the South East"

Where they'll bump into Milton Keynes and stop ;-)

Milton Keynes is massively over priced.

Luton more so

etc etc etc

right up to the front door of thread needle street....

20 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Milton Keynes is massively over priced.

Luton more so

etc etc etc

right up to the front door of thread needle street....

Passed through Luton last November, there was a dead rat lying on its back in the middle of the pavement between the bus station and the Galaxy centre.

Luton, so bad even the rats have given up hope, still plenty of chavs around though.

If it's cheaper now to own an apartment overlooking parliament then why would a sh!thole in Bradford keep rising? Prices in London ripple nationwide, they always do

17 minutes ago, afly said:

If it's cheaper now to own an apartment overlooking parliament then why would a sh!thole in Bradford keep rising? Prices in London ripple nationwide, they always do

Bloke I knew who invested in an executive apartment in Bradford, with a straight face, said to me, it's because Bradford has an urban lake and a brand new wetherspoons. Last I heard his executive apartment was let to dole scum and regularly trashed, at considerable expense.

3 hours ago, Si1 said:

Bloke I knew who invested in an executive apartment in Bradford, with a straight face, said to me, it's because Bradford has an urban lake and a brand new wetherspoons. Last I heard his executive apartment was let to dole scum and regularly trashed, at considerable expense.

:lol: superb

3 minutes ago, 999house said:

plenty of reductions in the metro / standard yesterday. Looks like a developer slashing prices. 10-20% reductions

Lots in the standard property pullout today as well. Stamp duty / deposit contribution seems to be de rigour on all new builds - even the lowest price brackets. Nine months ago you'd only see that on the £1m+ homes. 

20 minutes ago, TonyJ said:

I sold my flat in Hammersmith and Fulham very quickly when there was a short lived mini-boom a couple of years ago. I've been waiting ever since for any crash to ripple out from London to the rest of the country so that I can make I good purchase in East Anglia. Unfortunately, the term 'slow motion' hardly describes any crash, the existence of which is itself even debatable. Except that my mum in Cheshire has just reduced her asking price by 15%, which may or may not be a straw in the wind.

Because you're competing with thousands of other 'TonyJs' cashing in. The flow is coming to an end and not too soon for the poor locals of Norfolk.

12 hours ago, TonyJ said:

Except that my mum in Cheshire has just reduced her asking price by 15%, which may or may not be a straw in the wind.

Not sure which part of Cheshire, but North Cheshire/South Manchester properties are currently on the market - and selling recently - for truly eye-watering prices. Take a look in the North West forum and have a chat with Venger to confirm this.

I was in the area over Christmas and one relative has just sold at a 20% higher price than her purchase price - already high - of just two years ago. There were five offers on the property within 2 weeks of it hitting the market. Another family member's four-bed detached has been valued by EAs at 40% up on it's purchase price of 5 years ago; will let you know how that goes, as it won't hit the market for a couple of months.

And as for availability - there is zero, zilch, nadda on the market that is decent. I should know, I look all the time. Anything decent seems to sell quite quickly, and for truly vast sums of money. And I'm used to London prices, so I already know what "silly" is! :)

If there's a HPC going on, it certainly hasn't found the better parts of Cheshire yet, I can assure you. Maybe this will change - I think it has to, as local wages simply can't sustain the insanity - but absolutely no signs of this "London ripple" yet. Sad, but true. :(

On 17/01/2018 at 9:26 PM, Maynardgravy said:

Because you're competing with thousands of other 'TonyJs' cashing in. The flow is coming to an end and not too soon for the poor locals of Norfolk.

Fingers crossed.

Its definitely softened but with the shortage of 4 bed family homes they still sell sub 400k.

A lot of deluded sellers here in Broadland more family houses for sale for 500+ than 300-400k.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/nesscontent/dvc126/

2015 Median average income for a working man = £529 lets say £26,000

Average house price around 240,000 so 8-10 x 

adjusted for inflation = approx 100K

Its very scary a free market interest rate would see 50% + drops the question is....will my kids have left home before that happens?

There is plenty of demand to buy housing in London - problem is no one can afford or is willing to pay the ridiculous prices for what in many cases are absolute dumps.

Asking prices of houses in Dagenham are now averaging £400,000 - they were barely worth the £30k you would have paid for the same house in the mid 1990s.  

Being a debt slave for 30 years to live in a nice house in a nice area in one thing - being one to live in a one bed flat in a deprived one is quite another.

How many London homes do 500 Saudi princes own? And if anti corruption confiscation is taking place, will they take them from them? 

I know from my work Saudi money in London is down.. so less spend on diamonds, Rolexes and private parties.. 

I see an article calling it Saudi austerity.. ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Saudi_Arabian_purge