House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

London house prices fell for the fourth month in a row in November

http://www.cityam.com/278855/heres-much-london-house-prices-fell-november

London house prices fell for the fourth month in a row in November, official figures have shown, suggesting the cooldown is showing no signs of abating.

Why did no one see this coming ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Actually most first time I buyers I meet, still have full believe that market will recover even  a short time. There is a need to change the sentiment, such article help but a crash can only come with economic shock to the economy.

9 hours ago, warrior88 said:

Actually most first time I buyers I meet, still have full believe that market will recover even  a short time. There is a need to change the sentiment, such article help but a crash can only come with economic shock to the economy.

So the FTB sentiment is optimistic at this point. But sentiment is turning especially further up the market. A crash can come from unaffordability as it did in the late 80's couple that with pessimistic sentiment and we don't need an economic shock. 

I spoke to a BTL mug at the weekend, "oh house prices where I am in London don't fall, doesn't affect me"

In for a rude awakening all these leaches looking for a fast buck when they can't remortgage every two years and make 50k tax free.

1 hour ago, thewig said:

how do you know? :huh:

Not going to get into a long argument on religion on this thread... burden of proof on those that make outlandish claims, that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence etc....

It was just a comparison that belief without foundation means f-all in the long run.

1 minute ago, Maynardgravy said:

Not going to get into a long argument on religion on this thread... burden of proof on those that make outlandish claims, that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence etc....

It was just a comparison that belief without foundation means f-all in the long run.

You made the claim you know what happens/doesn't happen when you die. How do you know?

No one has mentioned religion except you.

1 minute ago, thewig said:

You made the claim you know what happens/doesn't happen when you die. How do you know?

No one has mentioned religion except you.

Whatever. You can believe any crap you like - that's the point.

Jesus! (see what I did there).

The end.

1 minute ago, Maynardgravy said:

Whatever. You can believe any crap you like - that's the point.

Jesus! (see what I did there).

The end.

You are the only one who has made any claims here whatsoever, that you believe you know what happens when you die. Fair enough you can believe any crap you like, I'm just asking how you know? and you're talking about religion and jesus?

4 minutes ago, thewig said:

You are the only one who has made any claims here whatsoever, that you believe you know what happens when you die. Fair enough you can believe any crap you like, I'm just asking how you know? and you're talking about religion and jesus?

You've obviously missed the point and have got your religious knockers in a twist. look up burden of proof. I've not made any claims. I've dismissed those that do with no evidence. That really is my last post on the matter. Start up an afterlife thread in OT if you really feel that strongly - I'll be happy to debate you there.

6 hours ago, Bsmf said:

I spoke to a BTL mug at the weekend, "oh house prices where I am in London don't fall, doesn't affect me"

In for a rude awakening all these leaches looking for a fast buck when they can't remortgage every two years and make 50k tax free.

Getting a lot of this from similar folk

"Oh I know they are falling but they won't fall too much and then it'll just go back up innit"

7 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

You've obviously missed the point and have got your religious knockers in a twist. look up burden of proof. I've not made any claims. I've dismissed those that do with no evidence. That really is my last post on the matter. Start up an afterlife thread in OT if you really feel that strongly - I'll be happy to debate you there.

I’m not religious. 

10 hours ago, thewig said:

The whole point of an evidence base is that without one, you can't logically believe whatever it is you're pontificating. 

15 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Yeah, and most people think they'll die and fly to a magic cloud.

I don't think most people do believe this. Religious people are in the minority.

10 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

I don't think most people do believe this. Religious people are in the minority.

I wouldn't say people are explicitly religious, but I think many many people despite that think there's probably something after death. The same way many many people believe in homeopathy as a useful intervention.

It's all nonsense but in my experience widely believed.

My point was no one knows what happens when we die. 

The only person stating otherwise was Maynard who said he she knows what “doesn’t” happen when we die. Ie flying to a magic cloud.

I was asking how they knew this , then they started talking about religion and Jesus for some reason.

Im not religious I was questioning how anyone can be so certain about something they have never experienced 

the only people who have some claim to legitimacy on the subject imo are the NDE survivors maybe Maynard is one of them? 

5 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I wouldn't say people are explicitly religious, but I think many many people despite that think there's probably something after death. The same way many many people believe in homeopathy as a useful intervention.

It's all nonsense but in my experience widely believed.

I think the opposite is also true. Lots of people who don't believe, or don't really believe, but attend church or identify as religious. This brings other benefits such as community for people who are isolated.

14 minutes ago, thewig said:

the only people who have some claim to legitimacy on the subject imo are the NDE survivors maybe Maynard is one of them? 

Why?

5 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

I think the opposite is also true. Lots of people who don't believe, or don't really believe, but attend church or identify as religious. This brings other benefits such as community for people who are isolated.

Fair point. I sort of half agree, but I suspect, lazily, they believe in something otherwise they wouldn't bother going to church at all. My grandfather on law did this, concluded it was nonsense and stopped going to church with his devout Catholic wife. Still happily married mind you.

1 hour ago, thewig said:

My point was no one knows what happens when we die. 

I do.

I died last week.

You are sent to the Brexit thread. For eternity. It ain't pleasant.