HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Thing thats fuxed me off the most about BoE and QE.

You had Andy Haldane doing the rounds saying - QE works by lowering risk premium znd creating investment. It doesnt though.

And tge BoE having 98% of its pendion fund in inflation linked gilte.

They should have been forced to eat thtir own dog food - liquidate the boe pension food and invest it in uk equities.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 10/01/2018 at 8:06 PM, spyguy said:

Thing thats fuxed me off the most about BoE and QE.

You had Andy Haldane doing the rounds saying - QE works by lowering risk premium znd creating investment. It doesnt though.

And tge BoE having 98% of its pendion fund in inflation linked gilte.

They should have been forced to eat thtir own dog food - liquidate the boe pension food and invest it in uk equities.

I mentioned the Money Box podcast yesterday in another thread;

I have to say, just listening to these bare faced liars, free market economics my ....

HOLA4414

What gets me is they still refer to 2007 prices as though they're some benchmark of acceptable affordability, even though the prices only reached those levels then due to a decade of irresponsible and fraudulent subprime lending by the banks.

HOLA4415
14 minutes ago, nome said:

What gets me is they still refer to 2007 prices as though they're some benchmark of acceptable affordability, even though the prices only reached those levels then due to a decade of irresponsible and fraudulent subprime lending by the banks.

bingo

As posted before I went to a broker pre 2007 having sold a small house and wanting a mortgage on a circa 250k house.

I was advised to use the deposit and a self cert mortgage with fantasy pay slips to buy a house for 400k-500k as "why not make more money".

Others have posted situations where no deposit at all was provided and a lie sufficed.

he literally confirmed that QE basically creates a false floor where assets are valued at a level they mandate.  

That mandate logically = the bat shit stupid level caused by massive mortgage fraud.

This is the opposite of free market capitalism this is the same as the presidents son buying a hotel  with no customers and the government buying it at market price.  When its a person its third world corruption when its an industry its called a bailout/averting disaster.