Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Vauxhall cuts further 250 jobs at Ellesmere Port factory

Recommended Posts

Vauxhall cuts further 250 jobs at Ellesmere Port factory

https://news.sky.com/story/vauxhall-cuts-further-250-jobs-at-ellesmere-port-factory-11200360

 

Of Corsa new this was going to happen.

They tories have made a Mokka-ry of the economy.

If I worked their i'd walk out and tell them, regarding their job, where they can Chevette , a small Victor-y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Vauxhall cuts further 250 jobs at Ellesmere Port factory

https://news.sky.com/story/vauxhall-cuts-further-250-jobs-at-ellesmere-port-factory-11200360

 

Of Corsa new this was going to happen.

They tories have made a Mokka-ry of the economy.

If I worked their i'd walk out and tell them, regarding their job, where they can Chevette , a small Victor-y.

Typical tory Cavalier attitude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holden a minute mate! Seems like alpha to Omega, could be going Nova.
Any future Zafira in business may require a new kind of Insignia.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say on the other thread, there is a good chance of Ellesmere port being closed down once PSA grasp how bad things really are (at Vauxhall / Opel in general, not specifically Ellesmere Port).

 

I recon if it does close people will be queueing up to blame Brexit, rather than the real reason, which is that the European mid car segment has been decimated over the last 20 years.

 

I still recon PSA got some sort of backhander for taking on Vauxhall / Opel.  There can be no other logical reason!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gonna buy up 10x HMO props in ellesmere port at asking +15%, cram em chock full 25 to a house of benefits scumbags

 

 

Edited by thewig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they concentrated on designing reliability instead of redundancy into their components there might be more buyers. Also there are too many cars being built in Europe, so this is just the start of the shake out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all about badge snobbery to me this story,

 

from what I can glean many would rather cram themselves in a tiny little shiny plastic Tonka toy with an audi badge on it than have a big old insignia boat or whatever with loads of space and a big boot for half* the price

 

*no actual figures were used to make this badly contructed point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thewig said:

all about badge snobbery to me this story,

 

from what I can glean many would rather cram themselves in a tiny little shiny plastic Tonka toy with an audi badge on it than have a big old insignia boat or whatever with loads of space and a big boot for half* the price

 

*no actual figures were used to make this badly contructed point

Not going to disagree with you on that, but it is what it is.  You won't get very far trying to explain peoples insanity too them.

 

I would not really say most premium German marks are really any higher quality than a Hyundai now either, but what can you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 minutes ago, thewig said:

all about badge snobbery to me this story,

 

from what I can glean many would rather cram themselves in a tiny little shiny plastic Tonka toy with an audi badge on it than have a big old insignia boat or whatever with loads of space and a big boot for half* the price

 

*no actual figures were used to make this badly contructed point

People used to think about the purchase price, but the Omega for Vauxhall was PCP - When quoted monthly as a debt payment, the cost difference between an Audi and a Vauxhall seems far less Astra-nomical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddog said:

Not going to disagree with you on that, but it is what it is.  You won't get very far trying to explain peoples insanity too them.

 

I would not really say most premium German marks are really any higher quality than a Hyundai now either, but what can you do?

Rubbish! Mercedes, Audi and BMW are a world away from your Hyundai or Vauxhall in terms of quality and refinement. That is their USP and justifies their premium price and status. 

We had a Vauxhall hire car on a few occasions and they are nasty, underpowered clattery machines with poor real world fuel economy. Hyundai’s aren’t much better but nowhere near as good as the German marques. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't lump Mercedes and Audi in with BMW myself

From what I can tell the audis have completely lost the plot and are tacky nasty little cars from the outside at least and the newest mercs look like everything is made from shiny plastic, wheels included

the big devaluation of these premium brands though is their ridiculous entry to the mini metro sector of the market with all these little 1 classes or a series or a1s or whatever, even the names sound budget yet people seem so enamoured with the prospect of having a "badge" they appear happy to pile in (on tick)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longtomsilverunderwater said:

Rubbish! Mercedes, Audi and BMW are a world away from your Hyundai or Vauxhall in terms of quality and refinement. That is their USP and justifies their premium price and status. 

We had a Vauxhall hire car on a few occasions and they are nasty, underpowered clattery machines with poor real world fuel economy. Hyundai’s aren’t much better but nowhere near as good as the German marques. 

Most hire cars are poverty spec with a base model engine. Not surprising they seem under-powered. Though this also applies to most PCP cars, the headline price is unlikely to include a decent engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tulip_mania said:

Most hire cars are poverty spec with a base model engine. Not surprising they seem under-powered. Though this also applies to most PCP cars, the headline price is unlikely to include a decent engine.

No. PCP/lease is often cheap because depreciation of a certain model/spec is low, so the lowest spec is not always cheapest, and the inverse is true: higher model/biggest engine is not always the most expensive.  Options on top are however normally disproportionately expensive compared to buying.  Which also makes leasing higher models in the range a better value as they would have more options ticked by default

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reddog said:

I was going to say on the other thread, there is a good chance of Ellesmere port being closed down once PSA grasp how bad things really are (at Vauxhall / Opel in general, not specifically Ellesmere Port).

 

I recon if it does close people will be queueing up to blame Brexit, rather than the real reason, which is that the European mid car segment has been decimated over the last 20 years.

 

I still recon PSA got some sort of backhander for taking on Vauxhall / Opel.  There can be no other logical reason!!

Yep - I'd be surprised if 2/3rds of the ex GM Europe factories don't close. This is the second round of Job losses in 6 months at Elsemere Port. The public are voting with their wallets and "buying" less and buying other brands.

I always suspects PSA bought it to largely run down so they had less competition and a better chance of selling their products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, longtomsilverunderwater said:

Rubbish! Mercedes, Audi and BMW are a world away from your Hyundai or Vauxhall in terms of quality and refinement. That is their USP and justifies their premium price and status. 

We had a Vauxhall hire car on a few occasions and they are nasty, underpowered clattery machines with poor real world fuel economy. Hyundai’s aren’t much better but nowhere near as good as the German marques. 

:lol::lol::lol: So which over priced German leasemobile do you drive?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thewig said:

I wouldn't lump Mercedes and Audi in with BMW myself

From what I can tell the audis have completely lost the plot and are tacky nasty little cars from the outside at least and the newest mercs look like everything is made from shiny plastic, wheels included

the big devaluation of these premium brands though is their ridiculous entry to the mini metro sector of the market with all these little 1 classes or a series or a1s or whatever, even the names sound budget yet people seem so enamoured with the prospect of having a "badge" they appear happy to pile in (on tick)

 

 

Absolutely.    If I was a dedicated Merc customer I'd be furious.  Most of them I see round my way are being hooned around by gypsies. Actual gypsies I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chronyx said:

Absolutely.    If I was a dedicated Merc customer I'd be furious.  Most of them I see round my way are being hooned around by gypsies. Actual gypsies I mean.

and in asia they are driven by chinamen, actual chinamen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 407 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.