House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rentier

Mirror : House prices on the brink of collapse

What is this "great crash" to which they refer?

My idea of a great crash would be one of unprecedented severity. The last reduction in prices was a mere blip compared to the rampant HPI that preceded it, and not even as severe as previous rapid sustained reductions.

25 minutes ago, disenfranchised said:

What is this "great crash" to which they refer?

My idea of a great crash would be one of unprecedented severity. The last reduction in prices was a mere blip compared to the rampant HPI that preceded it, and not even as severe as previous rapid sustained reductions.

Agreed.  For almost anywhere below a line drawn from the Wash to Bristol I am thinking 70% falls would be about right.  That would be a crash worth writing headlines about.

3 minutes ago, timetolowertherents said:

Collapse = clickbait and then the article goes on to say they are being held up. Tis neither fish nor fowl.

The article goes on to say they are being held up...for now. :lol: 

There are no fundamental reasons for these prices, anyone buying into since around 2002 have been waiting for wage growth to pay them off.  

Anyone who bought in 2002 is likely to have seen wage growth and I am sure a large proportion of those are now mortgage (or almost) free!

56 minutes ago, OzzMosiz said:

Anyone who bought in 2002 is likely to have seen wage growth and I am sure a large proportion of those are now mortgage (or almost) free!

Half of them probably extended the mortgage for home improvements when borrowing got cheap rather than shortening the terms or overpaying.

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The article goes on to say they are being held up...for now. :lol: 

There are no fundamental reasons for these prices, anyone buying into since around 2002 have been waiting for wage growth to pay them off.  

lending.  It is the cause and the cornerstone.