House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest_ringledman_*

Discount On Off Plan?

I am looking at buying a flat Off Plan in Budapest.

How does one go about negotiating with price? Is there usually movement to be made regarding say getting 5% off?

Also with off plan properties done through a UK agent are these inflated prices against the standard for the area?

Cheers.

I am looking at buying a flat Off Plan in Budapest.

How does one go about negotiating with price? Is there usually movement to be made regarding say getting 5% off?

Also with off plan properties done through a UK agent are these inflated prices against the standard for the area?

Cheers.

I know you posted this a few months ago. Did you go ahead and buy a flat. If so, how did it go ?

Cheers.

I know you posted this a few months ago. Did you go ahead and buy a flat. If so, how did it go ?

Cheers.

Why one earth do you want to buy in Budapest? Do you speak Hungarian? I've heard it's a very difficult language - it's not even Indo-European. In my opinion the East European boom hasn't got much longer to run.

I don't know much about Hungary. I do know about Slovakia. Bratislava is jam-packed with expensive new builts, that often aren't in the centre. If you do want to buy a flat in Budapest I would suggest (I may be wrong) that you go for a flat in an old block - pre-1914? - that's bang in the middle of town. In my opinion that kind of property is most likely to keep it's value if and when the East European bubble pops. However you might decide to wait on the sidelines until 2010, and maybe pick up a few bargains.

Remember, in most cases, post-1989, EAST EUROPEANS HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A PROPERTY CRASH.

Remember, in most cases, post-1989, EAST EUROPEANS HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A PROPERTY CRASH.

Pre-1989, under communist rule, house price crashes would have been unheard of too.

I actually spoke to a Bulgarian a few months ago about the recent rise in house prices there and the potential of a bubble developing. He shrugged it off saying it won't affect ordinary Bulgarians because it is foreigners who are buying at the higher prices and they will need other foreigners to buy from them.

Not yet. Still looking into the place. Back out end of May. great city mind. I think its got a lot of potential.

Ring I considered Budapest 3 years ago but didnt proceed due to the fact you must keep Bulgarian company accounts and I didnt feel sufficient legal protections were in place to safeguard my interests.

Having said all that I am of the opinion the capital is a far better investment than the muppet coastal properties.

If its E Europe you want I d look at Estonia and Germany and possibly Lithuania. Also middle classed Slovenia has really strong long term prospects - no reason thier prices wont match ours in 10 years.

Beware the neg - heads though. 8 years ago a neg - head convinced me the Irish boom was about to peak!!!!!! They always get it wrong.

Personally Im now investing in a copper bottomed development in Saidia Morocco, which will probably be the best coastal development anywhere within the Med. Also easy to buy as the British and Spannish real estate infrastructure is targetting Morocco big time. Last year I did Berlin and the market seems to be gathering pace there.

Edited by dogbox

Dogbox, cheers for that.

I agree, I would much rather buy in budapest than the likes of the black sea bulgaria coast.

How much would a 1 bed set me back in the likes of germany, slovenia or lithuania?

Not sure about Estonia after the 25% rise there last year.

How much do places in Morrocco start at? Whats the legal issue like there?