House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dragging boot straps

The Ripple (XRP) Crypto Currency Thread

I felt like XRP deserves an individual thread as Bitcoin has self combusted. Primarily due to transaction times, fees and no one using it as a currency.

The one being used by banks and with low transaction fees (thousandth of a pence) and settlement time of 4 seconds is XRP. It has made a real stir in the crypto world. It is expected by me to become the world's next reserve currency and if you want to know more then look here: https://ripple.com/xrp/

Also this year the price has gone up from $0.006 to over $1 today.

Anyway I believe we`ll all be using XRP in the years to come so let's see what happens.....

Mods, this is at the request of the Bitcoin Crowd in The Bubbly Bitcoin thread.

Ripple is currently the second largest Crypto Currency, and may well supersede Bitcoin due to its superior speed and wide adoption by banks.

The distinction from Bitcoin is that XRP is more controllable in a form that is useable by the banks. So there is some debate and division over the more anarchic world of Bitcoin and what will be the largerand mor managed world of Ripple (XRP).

16 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

There is already a thread for this particular brand of alt coins. Please dont spam the main page with pump and dump rubbish. 

Not sure this is anymore Peter no and Dump than Bitcoin.

The point was to create a new thread to discuss newer technologies that will replace legacy Bitcoin.

That said, happy to see the threads merged.

Is it me, or are the BTC obsessed like pensioner home owners defending the Green Belt?

“You can’t go building you new Crypto Currency (houses) next to ours!”

I think most on this forum sway more towards anti establishment and anti banker. Primarily due to the large part they play in the housing crisis we have. Bitcoin has an answer to that, and I believe that’s why it was allowed in the main forum about housing and the economy.

It’s not my place to tell you not to open a thread about whatever you like, but you didn’t seem to start any discussion or make any point in your opening post, never mind linking to housing or the economy.

An improvement of the swift system doesn’t really seem to have much impact on either the economy or housing.

It was my request on the Bitcoin thread and it wasn’t for another thread here. It was a request for you to discuss your individual trades and constant predictions in another thread because it was really tiresome. There is a XRP thread in investments in general that is perfect. The Bitcoin thread has a much bigger scope and generally much more interesting discussions than just boring ramping. 

5 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

There is already a thread for this particular brand of alt coins. Please dont spam the main page with pump and dump rubbish. 

Anything to do with crypto currencies should be off the main page!!

1 hour ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Anything to do with crypto currencies should be off the main page!!

Agreed, speculating on housing is one matter but speculating on uncontrolled get rich quick schemes is arguably even worse!

An easy solution would be to rename the pinned bitcoin thread to cryptocurrency and then it could all be kept there. I also think XRP getting adopted globally as the next reserve currency will make this thread look prophetic in due course. 

If bitcoin thread is allowed in general discussion then so should this. 

3 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

An easy solution would be to rename the pinned bitcoin thread to cryptocurrency and then it could all be kept there. I also think XRP getting adopted globally as the next reserve currency will make this thread look prophetic in due course. 

The challenge seems to be that some on the BTC thread have zero tolerance for criticism of BTC and it’s various flaws and will try to attack any references to Alt Coins.

As you say Ripple is more significant than BTC in the long run due to wide adoption - so does need a thread and happy to share with Alt Coins.

Rename the thread to the alternative banker shitcon thread and move to investing and money please. I agree there should be a separate thread for altcoin pump n dump. Btc is digital gold so deserves its place on the main board alongside the gold thread.

5 hours ago, dannyf said:

An improvement of the swift system doesn’t really seem to have much impact on either the economy or housing.

What were they thinking to make sending money like sending email - free and instantaneous.  Let's keep with the 3 to 5 day transaction time for international payments, £XX fees + terrible bank-determined conversion rate.  I can't believe XRP's price is rising - it clearly has no utility.  /s

Edited by canbuywontbuy

36 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

I agree. 

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-claims-3-money-transfer-firms-xrp-2018/

Three of the top five money transfer companies worldwide will be implementing Ripple’s XRP token in their payment flow systems this year, the company said in a tweet Thursday.

Not banks, by the way.

The top 5 money transfer companies?

1 Western Union
2 PayPal
3 MoneyGram
4 Xoom
5 Ria

This thread should be allowed to stand just for the popcorn moments it will undoubtedly provide. The crypto market is due a good shake out. Will be interesting to see where the chips fall.

Mods yet again have done an excellent job. hats off to you. 

just imagine what HPC front page would look like every time there is a pump and dump on alts? not long ago it was IOTA, then cardano, etc etc.

personally I see the whole crypto market tanking, bottoming out around June 2019, next $100,00 BTC around 2021.

right now is a hell of a medium term bull trap. 

when that happens there will be a lot of greater fools being greedy telling themselves that whichever alt coin is the new king and bitcoin is dead, when in truth, when bitcoin reaches 60% down crappy alts will do a massive shoot down 95% 

alts are a fools game in that scenario. 

bitcoin is what will eventually bring around a housing correction, it’s a game changer. banker coins or alts are just a flash in the pan.

dont get burnt. 

crypto are simple, buy and hold bitcoin BTC wait 20 years. 

If you temporarily got lucky with alts then liquidate and get yourself a better position in BTC. that’s what the pumps and dumps are doing. 

1 hour ago, canbuywontbuy said:

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-claims-3-money-transfer-firms-xrp-2018/

Not banks, by the way.

The top 5 money transfer companies?

1 Western Union
2 PayPal
3 MoneyGram
4 Xoom
5 Ria

Yes. Genuine real world usage. Transforming global payments. All these companies will need to purchase xrp through ripple purchasing scheme or on the open market. Could potential reach $40 per coin this year. Circa $4 trillion valued company and the richest of all time. Innovation beyond belief. 

8 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

Mods yet again have done an excellent job. hats off to you. 

just imagine what HPC front page would look like every time there is a pump and dump on alts? not long ago it was IOTA, then cardano, etc etc.

personally I see the whole crypto market tanking, bottoming out around June 2019, next $100,00 BTC around 2021.

right now is a hell of a medium term bull trap. 

when that happens there will be a lot of greater fools being greedy telling themselves that whichever alt coin is the new king and bitcoin is dead, when in truth, when bitcoin reaches 60% down crappy alts will do a massive shoot down 95% 

alts are a fools game in that scenario. 

bitcoin is what will eventually bring around a housing correction, it’s a game changer. banker coins or alts are just a flash in the pan.

dont get burnt. 

crypto are simple, buy and hold bitcoin BTC wait 20 years. 

If you temporarily got lucky with alts then liquidate and get yourself a better position in BTC. that’s what the pumps and dumps are doing. 

^ All of this forgoes the notion that there are blockchains out there offering....UTILITY! You think it's a tulip market, and Bitcoin is the most beautiful, prized tulip.  You need to research and find out the real-world problems other cryptos are addressing.  Big business has already bought into many of them.  You skip over my post about XRP (in an XRP thread) that mentions that XRP - the currency - will be used by no less than 3 of the 5 biggest money transfer companies in the world this year.  That is not a flash in the pan any more than someone saying "listen guys, this internet lark is nonsense" in the mid-90s.  Pass up on the opportunity if you want to.  I'm making some very good money investing in real-world, problem-solving blockchains.  Again, not understanding the utility of anything will make you think "tulip bubble". The longer I've been in the space, the more I realise it's a "technocracy" of sorts - those who understand it the most will gain the most from it.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

10 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

Yes. Genuine real world usage. Transforming global payments. All these companies will need to purchase xrp through ripple purchasing scheme or on the open market. Could potential reach $40 per coin this year. Circa $4 trillion valued company and the richest of all time. Innovation beyond belief. 

"but apart from all of those benefits and real-world uses, what other uses does XRP have?" :D

just don’t kick yourself that you didn’t turn those gains into bitcoin when you had the chance. that’s obviously what’s happened with everyone who’s made money with pumps and dumps in the past. 

Bitcoin code can and will change to sort of the transaction costs and speeds. It’s very early days yet. 

a banker coins will loose all value the day they make any king of inflationary move, or get acted upon by governments. bit like driving a car flat out knowing full well it’s going off the end of a cliff. 

but fair enough, it’s not very polite to come into an alt coin thread and talk it down, so I won’t post in here again. just wish the same courtesy could be applied in the bitcoin thread. 

48 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

just don’t kick yourself that you didn’t turn those gains into bitcoin when you had the chance. that’s obviously what’s happened with everyone who’s made money with pumps and dumps in the past. 

Bitcoin code can and will change to sort of the transaction costs and speeds. It’s very early days yet. 

a banker coins will loose all value the day they make any king of inflationary move, or get acted upon by governments. bit like driving a car flat out knowing full well it’s going off the end of a cliff. 

but fair enough, it’s not very polite to come into an alt coin thread and talk it down, so I won’t post in here again. just wish the same courtesy could be applied in the bitcoin thread. 

To call every other coin that isn't BTC "pump and dump" is just silly and wrong.   There's a blossoming market going on right now - you invest, you can make good gains on utility coins.  OR, just stick with BTC because "there can only be BTC" - to me that's like sticking with AOL in the early internet days. 

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

Take your own advice and stop spamming the Ripple thread with your bitcoin shilling. 

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

There is going to be a lot of egg on your face in a short space of time. I'll be here to remind you don't worry :-)

http://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/ripple-xrp-cryptocurrency-rises-on-report-western-union-plans-to-use-its-blockchain-2018-1-1012537803

Ripple's XRP cryptocurrency is surging off previous intraday low prices, down just 4% Friday afternoon, following an unconfirmed report that said Western Union planned to use its blockchain technology for money transfers.

Ripplenews.tech, which then briefly went offline, first reported the anonymous tip just before 3 p.m. ET. Shortly after, the price of XRP surged 20% off its intraday lows. Western Union's stock closed up 5.9% after the report.

It seems Western Union's shareholders are wanting to badly to partner with an alt-shit-coin! (sarcasm).   Incredible that Ripple can have that kind of influence now.   Shame this thread has been kicked into the long-grass.