House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Aussie flu

Has anyone had it ? (Aussie flu)  bring on the jokes :) I’ve just had the heavy cough and cold that’s been doing the rounds. .

had been feeling dizzy for a week, unwell last few days, fever last night and today spent in bed.

If you have got a decent immune system its nothing more than a bad cold.

If you are old, have underlying health issues then I can imagine its much worse.

Headache sets in around 6 pm and a sore throat. Then I feel normal the next morning. Been like that for a week. No idea what is happening.

On 1/4/2018 at 12:14 PM, Ash4781 said:

Has anyone had it ? (Aussie flu)  bring on the jokes :) I’ve just had the heavy cough and cold that’s been doing the rounds. .

My understanding is it's like Man Flu only more so. You basically collapse on the sofa , alternately groaning "'struth, I''m feeling crook" and "Aw Sheila, be a sport and puff up me cushions." Most shockingly you might even be put off piss-weak alcoholic beverages.

got to day 4 or feeling so bad I have not left the house, most of the time in bed or on the sofa.

reading up says is can be upto  1-2 weeks, cough can last 20days.

Think i'll start the year in Feb at this rate.

The stomach problems and sore throat started yesterday

Bit of a cough but no sign of a cold

Docs now given green light down here to use anti-virals (ie it's bad).

But did you know that transmission by droplet is most efficient in dry atmospheres? If you want to stop airborne transmission you either need 100% relative humidity, or a well hot (30C) temperature.

The research suggests that droplet transmission occurs either outside, thanks to low temperatures, or inside, thanks to dry (centrally heated) rooms.

F1.large.jpg

Of course, air-droplet transmission is but one vector and maybe not that important, but the findings are imo surprising.

2 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

If you want to stop airborne transmission you either need 100% relative humidity, or a well hot (30C) temperature.

But since that's entirely impractical, just wear a scarf - or in times of epidemic a gauze mask - over your nose.

On 04/01/2018 at 11:25 PM, Flopsy said:

Headache sets in around 6 pm and a sore throat. Then I feel normal the next morning. Been like that for a week. No idea what is happening.

That sounds like fatigue.  Have you had some decent downtime recently?  

I got the same after birth of my firstborn - long hours, long commute, lack of a proper holiday for ages (wife gave birth early than expected - the week before my main annual break period) 

Disclaimer - not a medical doctor

4 hours ago, Does Commute Abit said:

That sounds like fatigue.  Have you had some decent downtime recently?  

I got the same after birth of my firstborn - long hours, long commute, lack of a proper holiday for ages (wife gave birth early than expected - the week before my main annual break period) 

Disclaimer - not a medical doctor

It turned into a stomach type bug in the end. Just took a long time to develop. I'm still not back to normal after 18 months of cancer treatment. 

Thanks for the ideas though. 

I'd just had a lovely Xmas so well rested up so out of the blue

Hope all OK in your home

On 1/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, Errol said:

With all this darkness, make sure you take D3 as well.

Yeah, it's not great in Moscow this year. Only six minutes of sunshine in December. You'll have to buy a lamp, Errol.)