House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Nationwide Dec 2017

London down 0.5%, Nationwide up 2.6% in 2017

2017 HPI half on 2016 HPI, but still positive.

London falls hopefully to ripple out over the rest of the country 2018, hopefully the 0.5% drop (loaded towards the end of 2017) in London is not a blip.  

For me personally i outsaved the HPI in 2017 on an average house, so i'm beating HPI but that's a bit of a hollow victory.

This year we should see the brakes slammed on, with HPI due to the landlord bankruptcies due early 2019. 

10 hours ago, the_duke_of_hazzard said:

50% up in ten years is not so bad (tho it does mean that London shrugged off the crash), and London is still failling, now down 2% from peak 12 months ago.

But, 10yrs ago prices were at very high multiples of salaries. Since then wages have barely risen. So 50% in 10 yrs is actually pretty cr@ppy in my book.

1 hour ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

But, 10yrs ago prices were at very high multiples of salaries. Since then wages have barely risen. So 50% in 10 yrs is actually pretty cr@ppy in my book.

This is the thing, we should be looking at last 5 years of gains, comparing one bubble with another clouds the reality but gives the MSM it's "things aren't bad outside London" narrative.