Trouble at T'Property Tribes

HOLA441
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Out of interest, what are the tasks that are handed down through the generations? 

Sheet metal working (Rolls Royce bodies are hand made there and then shipped to Goodwood in the UK, correction needs to be made to some robot made bodies), trim, paint (some of the bodies are painted by hand)

But I would say that much of the process management, quality management and logistics has been successfully honed over many generations.

There is a huge amount of plant in use obviously and the majority of this is large, expensive and German. Schueller / Mueller presses which are three strories high, Siemens automated trolleys moving pressed panels around in the press shop, hundreds of KUKA robots in use. In final assembly, a lot of the work is assisted and these machines and devices all seemed to be German.

My point is just that the scale of it all is incredible and millions upon millions man hours put in throughout to keep many people employed, not just in the plant itself or development or the many support functions within BMW, but the suppliers of presses, robots, etc, etc.

Put it all firmly into context with the video we have of how to help slumlords dress beds in order to get tenants. :lol::lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1357958/BMW-opens-car-plant-employees-aged-50.html

Edited by bubbleturbo

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I dont think skills are passed down, rather more attitude to work and what to study and who to talk too.

Id doubt the skills that a 60 used at the start of his career are that relevant to a 18yo starting his today.

Having an interested, skilled, employed Dad really does help kid whenthey are thinkign about work.

HOLA446
12 hours ago, bubbleturbo said:

Sheet metal working (Rolls Royce bodies are hand made there and then shipped to Goodwood in the UK, correction needs to be made to some robot made bodies), trim, paint (some of the bodies are painted by hand)

But I would say that much of the process management, quality management and logistics has been successfully honed over many generations.

There is a huge amount of plant in use obviously and the majority of this is large, expensive and German. Schueller / Mueller presses which are three strories high, Siemens automated trolleys moving pressed panels around in the press shop, hundreds of KUKA robots in use. In final assembly, a lot of the work is assisted and these machines and devices all seemed to be German.

My point is just that the scale of it all is incredible and millions upon millions man hours put in throughout to keep many people employed, not just in the plant itself or development or the many support functions within BMW, but the suppliers of presses, robots, etc, etc.

Put it all firmly into context with the video we have of how to help slumlords dress beds in order to get tenants. :lol::lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1357958/BMW-opens-car-plant-employees-aged-50.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advantage?wprov=sfla1

• 10 months later...
HOLA447
On 30/12/2017 at 22:22, The Moderators said:

This topic has been approved for information purposes but please be careful what you post since there seems to be lawyers involved.

Trying to get in touch with a moderator regarding problems I am having with the site - namely my inability to PM people, start topics without approval and to edit my posts.

HOLA448
On 30/12/2017 at 22:22, The Moderators said:

This topic has been approved for information purposes but please be careful what you post since there seems to be lawyers involved.

Mods, why is the landing page of HPC showing FED rates at 2.00% as opposed to 2.25% and who is in charge of up[dating the site?

HOLA449
On 31/12/2017 at 18:53, Fromage Frais said:

I agree whilst not specifically commenting on this incident it does seem that spats like this co inside with falling prices.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked....so to speak

I am a firm believer in not telling anyone anything when you have a great technique, idea or investment.....until its over. 

this

When someone tells you a great idea to make loads of money you should run for the hills, because as it turns you are the product. If the idea is so great, keep it quiet or else everyone will do it, making less returns on high competition.

HOLA4410
On 31/12/2017 at 19:51, bubbleturbo said:

Yes.

Its beautiful really and poetic justice.

For years these morons thought they were successful business people, where in fact they were just riding a huge wave.

The clever ones are already out or have a plan they are executing.

On 31/12/2017 at 19:51, bubbleturbo said:

Yes.

Its beautiful really and poetic justice.

For years these morons thought they were successful business people, where in fact they were just riding a huge wave.

The clever ones are already out or have a plan they are executing.

On 31/12/2017 at 21:32, Byron said:

Ah, but they did write ranty letters to all and sundry, even got the Daily Idiotgraph to write something about 'Alice in Wonderland Tax.'

Problem for them was that,

1 Most politicians couldn't care less.

2 that's it, most politicians couldn't care less.

On 31/12/2017 at 22:40, macca13 said:

They should try paying the politicians money like the house builders do.. that normally works.. 

On 01/01/2018 at 08:29, suresh786 said:

I still don't know what these people are fighting over. What was the facebook defamation about? Who and why?

On 01/01/2018 at 09:01, spyguy said:

Almost read likes spoof.

'I have 8 BTL properties in my name, they are all at 75% LTV and are on interest only mortgages. They were all bought with the last 2-3 years and therefore the only equity I have in each property is the 25% deposit paid at the start of the mortgage. There has been limited price increase on these properties.

Each property is in the range of £80000-£100000

I am based in the NW of England.

I am a higher rate tax payer'

'@dislexic_landlord, you are right as I should have dealt with this earlier. My only excuse is I went through a difficult period and depression got hold of me resulting in me just about getting to my main place of work. Property was not a priority which I know is not a excuse but this is what happened.

I am fortunate to earn a pretax £100,000 so the property income is not required to live on and I expect to always be a high earner as I work in healthcare with good job stability. My long term plan is to keep the properties for the next 30 years as it will be my pension, I am currently 33 and have no other pension/savings.

My mother has a state pension (she is a homeowner) but no other income so I don't think she can get a new joint mortgage in conjunction with myself? Therefore I thought she could be added onto the existing mortgages and we can adjust the split so she owns more of the property. I am happy for her to keep the rental income and she will be free to do what she would like to do with it.

The problem is remortgaging into the LTD will mean higher fees, stamp duty, higher rates and each property would cost be £5000-£6000 to remortgage. I do not have money available to pay the fees for one property never mind the others.'

Poster earns 100k in healthcare but does not have a pension. Is he a GP who's dropped out of the NHS pension?

He's got 800k of proderdde, spending ~200k on the 25% deposit.

100k in the NW is well into slumlording area.

Not sure of th rent - Id guess its going to be HB. So lets say, 500/m per property - 4000/m income.

Half that will go due to the tax changes. He needs to find 24K.

How come someone earning 100k does not have the cash to pay 6K on sorting out one property FFS?

How can it be a pension as he's not paying the debt down?

There's nothing he can do as the property is owned in his name and he's down o nthe mortgage.

H cannto move it to a LtdCO, or bring his mum in. Not without incurring a hefty cost - assuming the mortgage provider will allow him.

Mental.

thats insane

HOLA4411
On 01/01/2018 at 09:01, spyguy said:

Almost read likes spoof.

'I have 8 BTL properties in my name, they are all at 75% LTV and are on interest only mortgages. They were all bought with the last 2-3 years and therefore the only equity I have in each property is the 25% deposit paid at the start of the mortgage. There has been limited price increase on these properties.

The problem is remortgaging into the LTD will mean higher fees, stamp duty, higher rates and each property would cost be £5000-£6000 to remortgage. I do not have money available to pay the fees for one property never mind the others.'

Poster earns 100k in healthcare but does not have a pension. 

He deserves to lose his shirt.. pure greed.. why take 8 houses off others who only want homes.. 

He’s a complete Hunt.. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, thewig said:

Rockstar DEBTjunkie earns £100k salary at 33y/o.. owns x number of cheeky little rentals.. cannot afford £5-6k to remortgage.

you win at life champ!

If you earn £100k how can you not afford £5-6 K?  Sounds very strange to me, unless his rentals are costing him money.

Edited by iamnumerate

HOLA4415
8 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

If you earn £100k how can you not afford £5-6 K?  Sounds very strange to me, unless his rentals are costing him money.

Most people I know spend every penny they earn on debt. Mortgage(s), car finance, credit cards, loans.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Most people I know spend every penny they earn on debt. Mortgage(s), car finance, credit cards, loans.

Same here, It's crazy, when they get a pay increase their spending just increases to consume it all or more.

It's incredibly pervasive, There was a "how to save money" program on TV,  All savings framed as money that could be spent on high living.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Is that because they are poor and need car etc they can only just afford, or could they easily spend less and not be in debt?

They just expand their borrowings to accommodate their income, from what I see. Couple of grand on a holiday. Nice car on hp. Redecorating rooms in their house etc etc.

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

They just expand their borrowings to accommodate their income, from what I see. Couple of grand on a holiday. Nice car on hp. Redecorating rooms in their house etc etc.

Weird, I really cannot understand that behaviour, it seems very risky unless their income can only go up.

HOLA4420

Most people like to appear  rich, when the reality is that they divide out a tin of Spam for the evening meal.

What is it with people, desperate to give all their earnings to the scum banking system in return for a load of cheaply made rubbish, a poorly built car and an overpriced new build rat box.

I ask you, WTF is the world coming to?

HOLA4421
4 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Weird, I really cannot understand that behaviour, it seems very risky unless their income can only go up.

This was borne out by a report from one of the big accounting firms on employer pension provision.

They find that among current retirees, ones who'd worked in the public sector had much bigger pension income than those who'd worked on the private sector. BUT the private sector retirees had on average earned more paid salary, to the degree that of they'd paid that extra salary into a private pension scheme they'd have had the same retirement income as public sector retirees.

It just demonstrates that most people simply spend everything they earn month on month. If you offer them credit they'll spend that too. Easily done.

HOLA4422
8 minutes ago, Si1 said:

This was borne out by a report from one of the big accounting firms on employer pension provision.

They find that among current retirees, ones who'd worked in the public sector had much bigger pension income than those who'd worked on the private sector. BUT the private sector retirees had on average earned more paid salary, to the degree that of they'd paid that extra salary into a private pension scheme they'd have had the same retirement income as public sector retirees.

It just demonstrates that most people simply spend everything they earn month on month. If you offer them credit they'll spend that too. Easily done.

The question is why?

How many cars and fitted kitchens does the average person need in a lifetime?

Crazy waste of the worlds resources, as you can't take any of it with you.

HOLA4423
7 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

The question is why?

I don't think it's a waste of resources as these things enter a second hand market later on and besides it's mostly intellectual property not physical resources being bought. Somebody's gotta pay new car prices.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4424
13 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

The question is why?

Cars break and so need replacing, I am not sure if the same is true of kitchen units, can't they last for almost ever?

HOLA4425
26 minutes ago, Si1 said:

That's to be expected.

The pay bodies always took the better PS pensions into account when setting PS pay scales.