House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thewig

Christmas EA activity -Rightmove

Quick sentiment sampler: Last three days on right move 

My small market town

23 listings (includes SSTC)

8 reductions (most of those on the 25th :D)

35% of sellers are joining the Christmas sale :huh: what are people doing reducing their house over Christmas? 

I guess that the Christmas period will start to cease to cause the lull in the market that it has down in the past..

I saw a report the other day that Christmas Day is now one of the most popular for general online shopping because of the receipt of lots of gift vouchers combined with the sales and people's boredom.

Combine that with the general fervour/greed around residential property that exists now, and I can imagine a lot of people browsing Rightmove on Christmas Day. How many of them will actually bother to make an offer when the EA reopens is a completely different matter, but that has probably got more to do with the market in general than the time of year!