House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Anyone used Wish / AliExpress?

As per title, just looking through some of their clothes, seems:

-very cheap

-lots of choice

-fashionable

Anecdotally someone I know said the quality is "okay".

Could this be another leg down for the high street and even the retailers that have profited from disruption in the high street such as Primark, Zara, ASOS?

I guess the main down side is you have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

22 minutes ago, reddog said:

As per title, just looking through some of their clothes, seems:

-very cheap

-lots of choice

-fashionable

Anecdotally someone I know said the quality is "okay".

Could this be another leg down for the high street and even the retailers that have profited from disruption in the high street such as Primark, Zara, ASOS?

I guess the main down side is you have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

I have used AliExpress. Mainly for Electronic devices and IOT kit.

Pros: Good prices, accurate descriptions and helpful sellers. Also largely what you buy on Amazon etc, but with less middlemen.

Cons: The main one is slow delivery, sometimes > 30 days. I also imagine returns would be logistically challenging, but so far no issues.

I buy from Aliexpress whenever I can, loads of things, because everything is much cheaper.  Mikhail is right though the delivery time is completely unpredictable. My son bought an expensive ($350 ish) watch which broke; it cost £12.50 at the post office to send back to China but eventually it came back fixed. Other than that I've never done a return. If you can put up with the funny delivery then go for it.

36 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I buy from Aliexpress whenever I can, loads of things, because everything is much cheaper.  Mikhail is right though the delivery time is completely unpredictable. My son bought an expensive ($350 ish) watch which broke; it cost £12.50 at the post office to send back to China but eventually it came back fixed. Other than that I've never done a return. If you can put up with the funny delivery then go for it.

I can't at this stage imagine myself spending more than say £100 on there, more like £20 or £30, so if something went wrong, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Yep been using Gearbest, Banggood & Aliexpress for all sorts of things be it electronic, mechanical etc and have yet to experience any problems. My take on it is as long as you order using paypal, visa or mastercard and get it delivered via fedex, dhl etc what have you got to lose?

Everythings insured and like the Doogee s60 phone i got delivered last Tuesday having ordered it 7 days before from a shop on banggood it was 30% cheaper than ordering it from ebay.co.uk which incidentally would still  come from China and still take 7 - 14 days. FWIW some items i've ordered over this last year (even including customs & duty) have been 80% cheaper than buying here in the UK so why wouldn't you? 

Only negative thing i'd say about buying from China is avoid Tidebuy - have heard nothing but bad experiences from friends ordering stuff that never came or had hassles getting refunds plus the reviews for that place i've read online are awful but other than that exercise a bit of common sense and you'll save a bundle...............................

1 hour ago, burk said:

get it delivered via fedex, dhl etc 

only if you want to pay import duty. leave it to china post. but just use paypal for any non delivery issues 

i bought a phone that never arrived so i claimed on paypal, strangely it turned up 6 months later after i had been refunded.

Customs duty seems to be random. I got charged 40 on a top-end laptop I ordered. It was also the only one sent DHL and I am still not convinced that I didn't pay some sort of DHL tax disguised as customs tax. Still half the price I would have paid locally. Also a few quid on an Android TV box, don't know why that got hit. Other than those two no bother on dozens of purchases with no duty.

23 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Customs duty seems to be random. I got charged 40 on a top-end laptop I ordered. It was also the only one sent DHL and I am still not convinced that I didn't pay some sort of DHL tax disguised as customs tax. Still half the price I would have paid locally. Also a few quid on an Android TV box, don't know why that got hit. Other than those two no bother on dozens of purchases with no duty.

dhl charge fees , so do parcel force . send everything snail/ china post for no extras 

I like looking through their fashion photos. So nostalgic. It's like the 1970's all over again, and I'm not referring to the clothes:

M-3XL-Plus-Size-Couple-Pajamas-Short-Sle

M-3XL-Plus-Size-Couple-Pajamas-Short-Sle

S01-All-Seasons-Long-Sleeved-Silk-Pajama

Whoever says "subliminal" is dead just hasn't been to South Korea recently!