House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

What matters most

Despite our shared fixation (and quite rightly so!) on HPC... 

Despite being a grumpy renter frustrated at landlords, greed, stupid sheeple...

Yesterday I took my kids out on new scooters, danced, sang along to pop songs, ate a good dinner, few nice real ales, perused my new book on woodwork... Bliss.

Whatever happens with HPC in 2018, don't let the effers get you down. Life is for living.

I was just thinking this as I am about to pull on my lovely Christmas bobble hat and go for a long walk over the fields in the unexpectedly beautiful sunshine we have here today.   As the song goes "They can't take that away from meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope we get the Happy New HPC year we are looking for but if we don't then we just have to keep our chins up and enjoy what there is to enjoy whilst waiting for the ship to right itself again.

I had my own epiphany. Was making a load of effort to 'enjoy' christmas and getting stressed out. Then thought, what am I doing this for?

Because I feel like I have to. Then I just relaxed treat it like any other weekend, and enjoyed it much more. Theres a feeling like every christmas has to be the best thing ever. Totally gets out of hand.

Edited by 999house

5 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Despite our shared fixation (and quite rightly so!) on HPC... 

Despite being a grumpy renter frustrated at landlords, greed, stupid sheeple...

Yesterday I took my kids out on new scooters, danced, sang along to pop songs, ate a good dinner, few nice real ales, perused my new book on woodwork... Bliss.

Whatever happens with HPC in 2018, don't let the effers get you down. Life is for living.

I can't. I'm renting, therefore it's not possible for me to get on with life unless I take on unimaginable levels of debt. Or so I've been told.

3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I was just thinking this as I am about to pull on my lovely Christmas bobble hat and go for a long walk over the fields in the unexpectedly beautiful sunshine we have here today.   As the song goes "They can't take that away from meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Well if Agenda 21 is to become as Orwellian as some predict, 'they' will be taking that away from you. 

21 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I was just thinking this as I am about to pull on my lovely Christmas bobble hat and go for a long walk over the fields

Sounds like trespassing to me.  

Make sure you don’t tread anywhere you don’t have a landlord’s permission.  After all, the countryside and everything on it and in it belongs to them. 

So let’s take a minute of this joyous and festive time to spare a thought for landlords up and down the country.  Let us remember their beneficence and generosity in providing, to us mere doers of things, the very ground we stand upon.

You are fettered," said Scrooge, trembling. "Tell me why?"
"I wear the chain I forged in life," replied the Ghost. "I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it.

“Business!" cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

Merry Xmas Mr and Mrs Scrooge.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Edited by BuyToLeech

"En-joy" Christmas?  Damn right I did.  That was one less.  Can't have it back.  Same with everything else, today onwards. 

Easy words I know but, to a point, the less I have (especially the "noise"), the easier it becomes. After all, we all have a soul, and the souls of others, to nurture.

Best thing I did was to think backwards from my own death and celebrate. We're (collectively) very good at making the simplest the most complex.

Sincerely, the best to you all.

Edited by Fence

On 12/26/2017 at 9:54 AM, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Far too cheery for HPC . Life is for being miserable, paying taxes, taking on mega debt,Moaning getting ill and dying, and the next lot doing the same. 

That`s what my HPC crimbo card says :lol:  seasons greetings to all.

Nah- Life is for living even when your shelter is temporary.

Sure Jesus was born in a stable. We’ll be grand.

Edited by Thorn