House Price Crash Forum

Who is running the country ?

HOLA441

1998-2007 banks allow to run a full blown ponzi/pyramid scheme inflating housing prices to eye watering levels.

2007 bank collapse...banks get trillions in bailouts and low IRs to prop up house prices aka their balance sheets

2007-2012: Everything done to accomodate the bankers

2012-2017:  Magicked up cash and low IRs handed out to anyone willing to buy a house in order to get house prices country wide back to 2007 levels ( and beyond )

2016: Post BrExit vote Ex-banker remainer May, wife of a London banker, shoe horned into the position of power.  Carney refuses to stand down because his child is at school.

2017: Minority government hands £1Bn to Northern Ireland to keep May in power/ Amber Rudd, no election majority whatsoever, handed top job in the caninet

2017 - Banks getting special brExit status.

2017 - minority government basically ignoring the wishes of the democractic majority.

As far as I can tell...the bankers are running the shoe.

We are all hoping for a HPC, meanwhile those ****s are enslaving us and taking everything we own/work for.

The bankers are in charge and there seems to be nothing you and I can do about it.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

And even now on this site people say "gotta/shoulda vote for abc or xyz" like it makes any difference :lol:

I like ripping on Corbyn cos he seems like a total spod but i know politics is just a distraction 

Edited by chronyx

HOLA443
HOLA444

Look at the outcomes not the stated intentions...and the outcome of policies adopted over recent decades is what???  A- The  powerful and wealthy (with wealth held primarily in land and property) have become fantastically wealthier...

HOLA445
8 minutes ago, Wayward said:

Look at the outcomes not the stated intentions...and the outcome of policies adopted over recent decades is what???  A- The  powerful and wealthy (with wealth held primarily in land and property) have become fantastically wealthier...

The landed gentry and back to claim what they tell us is rightfully theirs.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yes I do chuckle - sardonically - when I read that we need special provisions/strategy post-Brexit for our finance sector/The City.

These are the very same people who have been telling those who work in the world of manufacturing (ie are involved in the creation of wealth, rather than debt...) for 40 years that industrial planning is 'communism' and that it's basically hard cheese if your job disappears abroad because it's 'market forces' if there's someone who can do your job cheaper than you, and we cannot interfere with the process of maximising stockholder returns.

Same people who held out the begging bowl 10 years ago too following the results of their own malfeasance.

Strange double standards.

But it seems we must protect our financial speculators. For some reason. Must be that 'trickle down' munificence from our financial overlords we're programmed to believe in!

HOLA4411
5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

2017 - Banks getting special brExit status.

2017 - minority government basically ignoring the wishes of the democractic majority.

The bankers are in charge and there seems to be nothing you and I can do about it.

Anyone who thought that the banks wouldnt be protected at all costs from the start of the brexit,  even if it means to kill democracy stone dead, was or is deluded.

Its always about protecting the fat cats in their ivory towers. And so it will come to pass.

HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Anyone who thought that the banks wouldnt be protected at all costs from the start of the brexit,  even if it means to kill democracy stone dead, was or is deluded.

Its always about protecting the fat cats in their ivory towers. And so it will come to pass.

spot on.

100% spot on.

They are being exposed for the liars and charlatans they are IMHO.

This illusion of democracy is dying fast.  I'd say a vote to leave was a vote well cast.

What this means for our futures is anyone's guess now tho.

Been saying for a long time now....Much trouble to come.

HOLA4413
5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

As far as I can tell...the bankers are running the shoe.

We are all hoping for a HPC, meanwhile those ****s are enslaving us and taking everything we own/work for.

I want strong banks - to handle HPC - but just don't want it to take a lifetime to get there.

In the meantime, you're overlooking the 'what is it worth' extreme HPI and BTL winners, who are very happy.

And despite all their mad-gainz security/wealth, it interests me how they are also so willing to have a go and blame the banks, almost in the same breath as they tell you 'what it is worth'.  They are not enslaved.  

It's not just the banks - there are protective HPI/mad-gainz winners in the system - no 'we' hugz.

Average UK house price to hit £780,000 by 2040, says leading think tank

Kilo Charlie, My World, 9 hours ago
We purchased a property in 1983 for £72,000.........today it's worth £650,000 plus. It's certainly possible and quite likely.

Sam, Bucks, 3 hours ago
Bought house in ,74 for 16k added extention about £8k now valued at £480k you do the maths?

HOLA4414
49 minutes ago, Venger said:

I want strong banks - to handle HPC - but just don't want it to take a lifetime to get there.

In the meantime, you're overlooking the 'what is it worth' extreme HPI and BTL winners, who are very happy.

And despite all their mad-gainz security/wealth, it interests me how they are also so willing to have a go and blame the banks, almost in the same breath as they tell you 'what it is worth'.  They are not enslaved.  

It's not just the banks - there are protective HPI/mad-gainz winners in the system - no 'we' hugz.

I've seen that "you do the maths" post in a dozen web pages now....same BTLer perhaps ?  Certainly someone wanting to send out a message, too much of a coincidence that is.

A lot of those mad ganz lot are on I/O mortgages and when push comes to shove wont be collecting those mad gainz, they've just not realised it yet.

it interests me how they are also so willing to...come on here and have a go at us when they are so secure in their mad gainz world.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4415
HOLA4416