House Price Crash Forum
warrior88

LSL ACADATA HPI for November - Greater London -3%

On 19/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, warrior88 said:

Seems like the only reliable index - Greater London down by 3% on annualised basis!

Link below:

http://www.acadata.co.uk/LSL Acadata E&W HPI News Release November 17.pdf

I think it's widely regarded as the most accurate index.London's fall is the canary in the proverbial.

worth noting the annual change chart page 2  has gone from 6.3% in Nov 16 to 0.9% Nov 17.Not long before we get a yoy negative.The trend is your friend.

Edited by Sancho Panza

....3% fall is peanuts or chicken feed in comparison to what it has risen in recent years......lets talk ~2000 prices and debt undertaking and deposits of around that time....give people a chance to do what in the most part they once were very able to do....WITHOUT HELP.....MAKE WORK AND SAVINGS PAY. ;)

Edited by winkie

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

some of the l;osses in chart page 9 by Borough are stunning.Southwark,Hammermisth, Wandsworth all over -10%

I know someone in Wandsworth that was annoyed their flat was only valued 10% more than 2015 prices. 

Lesser London now ...

Thing is a 3% fall at LTEs of 11+ is the same,, in earnings/money, as a 10% fall at LTE of 4.

Its going to be painful for people who've took out a mortgage based on their wages.

New-build properties typically command a premium over the price of existing properties, for example in London in 2016 the average price of a new-build flat was 28% higher than for equivalent existing properties.

Surprised so high. Few appreciate that a house is a depreciating asset.

14 hours ago, the_duke_of_hazzard said:

I live in Southwark (-17.9%) and I definitely don't see those falls where I live.

This looks like a BTL/new build holocaust to me.

That's the only problem with some of these boroughs ie the data set is very small and can be skewed by one or two biggish developments.

Edit to add:I have no knowledge of London Boroughs.

Edited by Sancho Panza