House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The bankers refuse to make (rich) people poorer

30 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yeap,, imo the only route will be mass unrest as people give up working and paying taxes.

Did you mean cant work because there are no jobs that pay a wage to support a meaningful existence, as there has been no real investment or funding to the private sector for decades. Instead pumping up asset prices with free cash.

45 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yeap,, imo the only route will be mass unrest as people give up working and paying taxes.

The Elite always become too greedy at some stage and then they get stung up.

Rome was a case in point, and Paris.

We're still a long way from that in most developed western countries - people are (generally) still to comfortable to revolt.

History has shown that you need mass starvation, mass unemployment or extreme agitation from an internal or external party (or a combination of the above) to get to the point where the masses revolt.

They literally need to have nothing left to lose. The "elites" know that and hence allow just enough crumbs to fall from the masters table to prevent it.

6 minutes ago, EssKay said:

We're still a long way from that in most developed western countries - people are (generally) still to comfortable to revolt.

History has shown that you need mass starvation, mass unemployment or extreme agitation from an internal or external party (or a combination of the above) to get to the point where the masses revolt.

They literally need to have nothing left to lose. The "elites" know that and hence allow just enough crumbs to fall from the masters table to prevent it.

Pretty much how I see it.  However I sense that some people are starting to sense the astonishing disconnect between our leaders rhetoric and their own daily experience of life in the UK, for example:

• Wages down and yet prices are up.
  • Roads becoming a bit 'comecon' (think Soviet era).
  • NHS in a constant sate of 'crisis'.
  • Debt levels rising.
  • Opportunities for young folk getting grimmer.
  • Work, if you have it, getting more pressurised.

So I went to this economics briefing a few month back.  All the good and great and all.  So anyways, the reputable guy yaps on about how there has, in reality, been very little change in income equality.  Not sure even the audience is happy with that.  So I fire off a question on that mobile to screen thingy asking "what about wealth inequality".  Was like I'd dropped one.  End of the Q&A right there. 

Edited by Fence

36 minutes ago, EssKay said:

Hatstigy management 101.  Rule 1, never trust a hatstigy.

Edited by Fence

27 minutes ago, dougless said:

Pretty much how I see it.  However I sense that some people are starting to sense the astonishing disconnect between our leaders rhetoric and their own daily experience of life in the UK, for example:

• Debt levels rising.

28 minutes ago, dougless said:

• Debt levels rising.

you almost look forward to the grim reaper with that lot. ;)

38 minutes ago, EssKay said:

I'll leave this picture.....right here.

1410455469000-catalonia00001.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And one from London to finish off.

Crikey, just as well we have the Investigatory Powers Act and all that jazz.

None of those pictures show people with nothing left to lose though. I'm surprised the Greeks have been so submissive mind, but perhaps deep down they knew the party would have to finish one day.

Great Link.  Thanks.

I posted the link, with acknowledgement, over on the deflationary collapse thread.  Because the point I wanted to make was more about that.  Not sure what the proper ettiquette would be.  Maybe I should have posted my comment here?  I just sorta did what I thought would read best.

Synopsis of my comment over there: 
So the magicked up money made the upper classes rich?  And the poor are going to have to pay for it?  And we can't get it back off them?  Wishing there was some way we could magically make it disappear again.

For them that haven't read the deflationary collapse thread - that thread discusses the likelihood, and effect of a deflationary collapse.  Many over there think it may be imminent.  My own speculation, is our governments are driving us there to sort out the mess of the last decade.  And if it does happen, I'm pretty sure that wealth increase will largely disappear.   You'd be talking massive losses on stocks,  bonds, real estate - an 'everything' crash. 

18 hours ago, Bricks n' mortar said:

..For them that haven't read the deflationary collapse thread - that thread discusses the likelihood, and effect of a deflationary collapse. 

Many over there think it may be imminent.  My own speculation, is our governments are driving us there to sort out the mess of the last decade.  And if it does happen, I'm pretty sure that wealth increase will largely disappear.   You'd be talking massive losses on stocks,  bonds, real estate - an 'everything' crash. 

THE ETHIOPIANS - EVERYTHING CRASH  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmqyOfa0bck

Agent Orange Lyrics "I Kill Spies"

You've never seen my face before
You will not recognize my voice
I am the perfect law to end these wicked crimes
I am a man without a past

I face a world without a future
And I've done it all at least a million times
I'm the eyes that read between the lines
I devise the rumor and vicious lies

I do everything I can to hide the truth
But can you see it in my eyes?
I kill spies

As I walked into the room
I couldn't help but feel the tension
I can hear your thoughts, I can read your mind
I've been through this all before

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'll leave this picture.....right here.

Wake me up when any of the protests you've referenced involve a credible threat to the people in authority in those locations. 

8 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

None of those pictures show people with nothing left to lose though. I'm surprised the Greeks have been so submissive mind, but perhaps deep down they knew the party would have to finish one day.

The Greek situation clearly  shows how far you can push people in a developed nation without actually triggering a revolution

3 hours ago, EssKay said:

Wake me up when any of the protests you've referenced involve a credible threat to the people in authority in those locations. 

The Greek situation clearly  shows how far you can push people in a developed nation without actually triggering a revolution

Ive said it before, if you want revolution imagine America with all the weapons the general public have.. they basically have an army on every street! 

20 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

Dont forget the greeks can go sit on a beach sup beer all year round...

14 hours ago, Bricks n' mortar said:

Great Link.  Thanks.

I posted the link, with acknowledgement, over on the deflationary collapse thread.  Because the point I wanted to make was more about that.  Not sure what the proper ettiquette would be.  Maybe I should have posted my comment here?  I just sorta did what I thought would read best.

Synopsis of my comment over there: 
So the magicked up money made the upper classes rich?  And the poor are going to have to pay for it?  And we can't get it back off them?  Wishing there was some way we could magically make it disappear again.

For them that haven't read the deflationary collapse thread - that thread discusses the likelihood, and effect of a deflationary collapse.  Many over there think it may be imminent.  My own speculation, is our governments are driving us there to sort out the mess of the last decade.  And if it does happen, I'm pretty sure that wealth increase will largely disappear.   You'd be talking massive losses on stocks,  bonds, real estate - an 'everything' crash. 

There is no chance of deflation. The banks know what to do now. Print Print and inflate asset prices. If that fails print some more. It happened in 2000s crash it will happen again, there got a wiff of deflation and didnt like it. It wont happen again.

On 15/12/2017 at 1:56 PM, EssKay said:

Exactly, and they know it. People will mumble and moan and thats it, maybe few demos from Corbyns mob demanding free stuff.

How rich the rich are is not the problem, let them buy a million mansions, own lots of yachts and private planes, drive the swankest of cars in town, richness brings with it tons of responsibilities.....all good as long as the poor grow richer the same percentage and rate accordingly.....the problem is when the rich get richer off the back of the poor getting poorer, when the poor mans worked for money funnels its way to the top and stays there well invested. ;)