House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAL BEAR

Kirsty & Phil On Judy & Richard Tonight

:angry:

I posted this earlier and noticed my post was moved to 'off topic forum' :angry:

Not sure why as no-one is going to read it in there I shouldn't think!!!

And I am 100% sure all of you like to know when the 'Dreadful Duo' are on TV.

So I will try and post again....................................

KIRSTY & PHil will be on Judy & Richard today at 5pm (channel 4).

Last time they were on Richard Madeley was very 'bearish' in his comments to them.

Mostly sympathising with FTB'S

What are odds that it will be a rerun from 2004 or perhaps last summer with leaves still on the trees? Only deranged fools are preaching the HPI gospel these days.

I sent Richard & Judy the following e-mail:

Dear Richard & Judy,

Following on from my earlier e-mails requesting that you make your interview with Phil and Kirsty an interesting and challenging one how about getting one of your researchers to find out what 3.5 times the average income of a working adult would be able to buy (with, say, a 10% deposit) in terms of houses in the year 2000 (and get a photo of such a house) and then find out what 3.5 the average income of a working adult in the same geographic area could buy (again with a 10% deposit to put down) in January 2006 (again with a photograph of the house). If the two years could be presented together with the incomes, house prices and photographs of the two properties on screen was followed by the question, directed at Phil and Kirsty:

Now tell us what is so good about high, and rising, house prices?!

I think such an exercise would help make visible the difficulties and disadvantages that the house price boom has created for so many people in the UK. It is about time that the negative effects of the house price boom were acknowledged and given an airing. I suspect that the facial expressions of Phil and Kirsty (as long as they are not primed/informed before being interviewed by Richard and Judy) would be priceless. Even more so if you then inform them that this was an idea sent in by someone who frequents the housepricecrash.co.uk website to illustrate the negative effects of house price inflation.

Regards

I doubt if they will take up my idea .... but how I wish they would!!!

Yes, I remember being surprised how sympathetic Richard was.

Kirsty or Phil said something very odd in that interview a year ago.

One of them said that people shouldn't get into too much debt to buy a house !!!

But that is what the pair of them advocate all the time!!

Richard said that if he was a 'youngster' now he wold probably have been panicked into

getting on the property ladder and might now be regretting it.

He also said he was glad his kids would never be in the unfortunate position that lots of kids

will find themselves in when they get to thier 20's/30's priced out of the property market, cos

he said he and Judy were 'well off enough to help them out if they are desperate" then he went

on to say that most kids were not that lucky to have such well off parents and he felt for them.

I remember Kirsty & Phil looking a bit sheepish at this comment.

Then Kirsty actually admitted that her parents had helped her buy her home in London.

Its all right for some !!

I sent Richard & Judy the following e-mail:

Dear Richard & Judy,

Following on from my earlier e-mails requesting that you make your interview with Phil and Kirsty an interesting and challenging one how about getting one of your researchers to find out what 3.5 times the average income of a working adult would be able to buy (with, say, a 10% deposit) in terms of houses in the year 2000 (and get a photo of such a house) and then find out what 3.5 the average income of a working adult in the same geographic area could buy (again with a 10% deposit to put down) in January 2006 (again with a photograph of the house). If the two years could be presented together with the incomes, house prices and photographs of the two properties on screen was followed by the question, directed at Phil and Kirsty:

Now tell us what is so good about high, and rising, house prices?!

I think such an exercise would help make visible the difficulties and disadvantages that the house price boom has created for so many people in the UK. It is about time that the negative effects of the house price boom were acknowledged and given an airing. I suspect that the facial expressions of Phil and Kirsty (as long as they are not primed/informed before being interviewed by Richard and Judy) would be priceless. Even more so if you then inform them that this was an idea sent in by someone who frequents the housepricecrash.co.uk website to illustrate the negative effects of house price inflation.

Regards

I doubt if they will take up my idea .... but how I wish they would!!!

Excellent , i will watch tonights show with interest !!

I am not as 'eloquent' as you guys so won't even attempt to e.mail them.

Guest Riser

Just emailed Richard and Judy:

Richard seemed prepared to have a go at Galloway, I wonder if he will have the balls to tackle the VI line touted by his C4 bosses.

Hi Richard and Judy,

Love the show :D

If you get time could you consider asking Kirsty and Phil what they plan on doing once the property crashes later this year.

- We have record levels of debt due to artificially low interest rates and irresponsible lending by the banks.

- House prices have now hit the limits of affordability

- First time buyers are at an all time low

- Many parts of the UK are now showing year on year falling prices

- Interest rates in the USA ad Europe are going up

- And Brown has screwed our future economy with massive increases in the public sector employment and their associated pension provision

Kirsty and Phil have had a good run ramping the property market for the past five years, perhaps its time they gave it a rest.

Their latest shows have focused on the North of England which is one of the few areas with the exception of Scotland and Northern Ireland where price are still rising. They also appear to now be ramping Buy to Let which is just irresponsible.

None of the couples s far this series seem keen to buy and who can blame them with prices over 40% above the long term average.

For a more informed discussion on the housing see www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Just mention the site to Kirsty and she will have a fit, she certainly did on London tonight early last year.

Good luck

Regards

Mr Riser

Cumbria

I´m preparing for this site to be blamed for falling house prices.

btp

That would be ****ing excellent news. Then more people would read the site. Like my Dad, for instance.

Or maybe my friends who bought in 2000, but now have a kiddy second on the way, and want to buy a bigger house now.

I'm just waiting to hear them say that low interest rates make it affordable

RATES CHANGE THE DEBT DOESNT!!!

Hopefully, if the programme gets a few emails mentioning this site (I posted the address on the original thread), they might do a bit of last minute research ;)

Guest Riser

:angry:

I posted this earlier and noticed my post was moved to 'off topic forum' :angry:

Not sure why as no-one is going to read it in there I shouldn't think!!!

And I am 100% sure all of you like to know when the 'Dreadful Duo' are on TV.

So I will try and post again....................................

KIRSTY & PHil will be on Judy & Richard today at 5pm (channel 4).

Last time they were on Richard Madeley was very 'bearish' in his comments to them.

Mostly sympathising with FTB'S

Its OFF TOPIC AGAIN ??????

You know, sometimes I do wonder just how much limelite the Mods on this board really want. It seems they are happy for us to discuss prices until the cows come home but shy away from any contact with the media which may increase the profile of this site. I can understand to some extent as we all have lives to lead.

Could Mod who moved this topic from the main area please advise why ?