House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SillyBilly

Ridiculous Adverts

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51943353.html

Does anyone else roll their eyes when they see the most basic properties being way oversold, any interesting ones to share?

Would you really describe this property as "stunning"?

"Triple length driveway" = normal driveway

"VERY low mileage" = 3 yr old property

"Fantastic local amenities" = typical run down East Mids ex mining town.

"Spacious and beautifully laid out" = Matchbox. Ensuite is the size of a cupboard and the smallest bedroom you couldn't swing a cat in.

I'd prefer it to just factucally describe properties and drop all the ridiculous crap...for then again I don't work in sales!

I went to Heanor once. Didn't stay long. Dropped a van off and picked another one up. Had to refuel it at the nearby filling station to get back to Norfolk.

It seems common practise to squeeze in an ensuite these days. That's THREE toilets that need cleaning during housework!

On 14/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, SillyBilly said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51943353.html

Does anyone else roll their eyes when they see the most basic properties being way oversold, any interesting ones to share?

Would you really describe this property as "stunning"?

"Triple length driveway" = normal driveway

"VERY low mileage" = 3 yr old property

"Fantastic local amenities" = typical run down East Mids ex mining town.

"Spacious and beautifully laid out" = Matchbox. Ensuite is the size of a cupboard and the smallest bedroom you couldn't swing a cat in.

I'd prefer it to just factucally describe properties and drop all the ridiculous crap...for then again I don't work in sales!

To me it looks nice but that might be because I'm used to looking at sh**ty rental 1 bed shoeboxes in London for 1200 pcm. 

It has a triple length driveway because, unlike the next door neighbour it doesn't, for some reason, have a garage. That's a shocking waste of space tbh. 

On 16/12/2017 at 6:19 PM, MattW said:

I went to Heanor once. Didn't stay long. Dropped a van off and picked another one up. Had to refuel it at the nearby filling station to get back to Norfolk.

It seems common practise to squeeze in an ensuite these days. That's THREE toilets that need cleaning during housework!

Not a bad little town, I went to school there. 2nd most English town in England which some locals are very proud of, only beaten to the prize by neighbouring Ripley which is the most English town (according to last census). There were certainly no non-white kids when I was at school in a school of 1500, a bit of a shock when I left the sixth form and went to university and realised the rest of the country didn't look the same as the whitewashed upbringing I had had! A lot of salt-of-the-earth type people in my view but not exactly a thriving economic centre!

Edited by SillyBilly

On 16/12/2017 at 6:19 PM, MattW said:

Oh come on you cant expect the average chronically obese British Daily Mail reader to walk aaaallll the way along a corridor to the toilet - they will never make it that far.

I don't know why UK house builders don't just go the next step and put a toilet into every room, imagine the luxury... you could take a crap while watching TV in the living room, one right next to the bed for when you get caught short at night. In the kitchen you could be squeezing one out while simultaneously cooking your next meal. Then in the bathroom you could have an extra toilet inside the shower so you can shit and shower at the same time.

Edited by Habeas Domus
add some more LLs to aaalll

19 hours ago, Habeas Domus said:

Oh come on you cant expect the average chronically obese British Daily Mail reader to walk aaaallll the way along a corridor to the toilet - they will never make it that far.

I don't know why UK house builders don't just go the next step and put a toilet into every room, imagine the luxury... you could take a crap while watching TV in the living room, one right next to the bed for when you get caught short at night. In the kitchen you could be squeezing one out while simultaneously cooking your next meal. Then in the bathroom you could have an extra toilet inside the shower so you can shit and shower at the same time.

:lol:

Sold (presumably as a new build) for £150k in Feb 2016, so it's increased in value by 30% in less than 2 years despite now being a ''secondhand'' house.