House Price Crash Forum

15 hours ago, Switch625 said:

Actually I have better things to do than to listen for over an hour to a man I have seen speak on numerous occasions and on almost all occasions I have been impressed by the oratory and despair at the content. My opinion has been formed over a prolonged period of exposure to his insatiable media searching. Perhaps you are more mesmerised by the delivery than the hateful and frankly deceitful content?

Sounds like at least part of what you need to be a leader. Someone who is a real leader is someone who gets people to follow them. Whether that's into disaster or success is really beside the point, so oratory matters far more than content when it's what impresses a lot of people. Results only have a secondary effect (keep blundering and it gets harder to persuade people to follow you).

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Dorkins said:

Depends whether you define leadership as flapping your gums or making and implementing decisions that will make life better for the people you have power over.

Definitely the latter - but unfortunately gum flappers do well at the polls.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, chronyx said:

white.jpg

People vote on the issues most important to them - eg. for Evangelicals that is often abortion. Or they vote tribally according to deep rooted party allegiance.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, Switch625 said:

Just because some women vote for him doesn't change his nature. Not that I usually rely upon wikipedia for answers but the list of allegations is impressive, you may want to have a look

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

He seems to only view women in terms of their sexual attractiveness to him, and in no other way. Even his own daughter. He has said many things about Ivanka that boil down to 'my daughter is so sexy'. It may not be misogyny exactly but it suggests an inability to see women as full people. 

On 12/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, Errol said:

And apart from anything else, she isn't a leader. Same goes for Theresa May. Perfectly nice lady I'm sure, and very admirable in certain respects (better than Cameron) but I don't think she is actually a leader.

theresa may is too bossy.that's the problem.

in fact the whole country,since blair, has been infested with petty sanctimonious do-gooders on the levers of power,this goes for local government too.

they are so convinced of their own "rightness" and we know what's good for you,that it is frankly pointless even trying to debate with them. in their own heads they are right and that's that.

what was it C S lewis said about "moral busibodies" again?