House Price Crash Forum

Leadership

HOLA441

Its a bit long I know .. and the haters will be looking for holes.. no matter.. When was the last time the UK had a leader who could talk from the heart and without a teleprompter without being PC and still make sense... Some say putting everything out there without engaging the PC part of the brain is a big no-no .. I see him as an open book, he tells it like it is and no hiding under political correctness.. Most of all he truly has his countrys interests at hearrt .. when actually he could have spent the next 10 or so years in retirement and enjoying his millions .. but the establishment and popular media will have it in for him... If we wanted to make a success out of Brexit, we need someone like him .. as it is, we will just muddle through and end up in a state where somehow we will have self inflicted the worst possible outcome on ourselves.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
3 hours ago, Locke said:

People get the government they deserve.

We have Farage- he could have been a fantastic leader. The British public would never accept him however, and so we have scum such as Abbot and May.

Yes, Farage could have been a fantastic leader. As an example, over the three years when he was on the European Parliament Fisheries Committee where crucial reforms were made to member states' fishing quotas, Farage failed to even turn up for no less than 41 of the 42 meetings, leading to Britain losing most of its fishing quota, causing massive damage to the British fishing industry. Which shows his contempt for British fishermen. What a patriot.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

True leadership is very rare indeed in the modern world. Or at least, true leadership in the most powerful positions is very rare. Vladimir Putin is a true leader par excellence - one of the finest ever, whatever else you think of him. Trump I think also has some of the qualities required, but is not in the same class.

For Britain, the last decent leader was Churchill. And even he was really only a genius leader under war conditions.

Edited by Errol

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

And apart from anything else, she isn't a leader. Same goes for Theresa May. Perfectly nice lady I'm sure, and very admirable in certain respects (better than Cameron) but I don't think she is actually a leader.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4411

Leadership can be learnt. Having kids is what teaches many people. I have been a lifelong leaf-node in the work context, never been a manager, and if anyone would have asked (they didn't) I would have said I scored zero in leadership. How wrong I was; it turned out that I just didn't care about work (only do it to get the money) and it was only when some unexpected things happened outside of work in my personal life that I realised that I could lead just fine. 

HOLA4412

Trump isnt a leader, " telling it like it is" is easy if everything you say is to your own personal and political advantage. He doesnt speak truth to power or tell people they will have to make short term sacrifices for the long term good. Give one example of anything the man has said or done his whole life that wasnt about him. One sacrifice he has made in his seventy years on earth. I dont count becoming president,  as that position would be at the top of most narcissists ego list. He made his fortune from his fathers wealth and contacts, copped out of serving in vietnam. 

Any blow hard can "tell it like it is" The rare people with principal are those who say what they believe to be true, even if they know it will be unpopular and will disadvantage them personally. I dont agree with his politics, but enoch powell said what he believed, even though he knew it would destroy his political career. On the other end of the political spectrum those women from pussy riot who spent years in a russian prison for protesting. Or that individual at work who never gets promoted  because he calls out management bull while everyone else remains quiet. 

Trump isnt even anything new. Its just more extreme, less competent, reaganism. Tax breaks for the wealthy, mixed with some culutural conservatism and nationalism to fool the disenchanted hes on their side. 

HOLA4413

Trump's main objective, or his avowed main objective, was to bring jobs back to America. 

I'm still torn or whether he's actually working on the master plan to make that happen or if he's just making noise and achieving nothing except to bare naked the fact that US presidents are little more than a figurehead. 

If he is working on the plan, what better way to do it than to provoke the deflation/reflation from durhamborn's thread? We could all be pawns in the orange genius's chess game. Not holding my breath tho.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Trump = Leader?

Okay my initial response is, you are clearly trolling.

But I will play along. Let's consider what he has done. He has managed to garner a groundswell of support adequate to drive him to the Whitehouse, no mean feat even with all his millions of dollars that he could spend on his campaign and he was able to convince the mega wealthy to bankroll him. None of these things are bad in of themselves and do actually show leadership, so despite the bile rising in my throat I do have to agree with at least part of your argument that he is a leader, perhaps even a "good" leader.

However lots of people can be leaders, history is full of leaders, name your despot, each in their own way was an excellent leader. Do I think anything good will come from his leadership?

Well let's judge him by his actions, which so far have been .... tax dodger, misogynist, bully, liar ....

Is he a leader?  - Possibly

Is he someone you should follow? - Only if you wish to go where angles fear to tread

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Actually I have better things to do than to listen for over an hour to a man I have seen speak on numerous occasions and on almost all occasions I have been impressed by the oratory and despair at the content. My opinion has been formed over a prolonged period of exposure to his insatiable media searching. Perhaps you are more mesmerised by the delivery than the hateful and frankly deceitful content?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Franz Liebekind: You know, not many people knew it, but the Fuhrer was a terrific dancer.

Max: Really, I never dreamed that...

Franz Liebekind: That is because that you were taken in by that verdammte Allied propaganda! Such filthy lies! They told lies! But nobody ever said a bad word about Winston Churchill, did they? No! 'Win with Winnie!' Churchill! With his cigars. With his brandy. And his rotten painting, rotten! Hitler - there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon! Two Coats! Churchill. He couldn't even say 'Nazi'. He would say 'Noooo-zeeehz, Nooooooooooooo-zeeehz!' It wasn't Noses! It was Nazis! Churchill!...Let me tell you this! And you're hearing this straight from the horse. Hitler was better looking than Churchill. He was a better dresser than Churchill. He had more hair! He told funnier jokes! And he could dance the pants off of Churchill!...Churchill!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
12 hours ago, moneyfornothing said:

Its a bit long I know .. and the haters will be looking for holes.. no matter.. When was the last time the UK had a leader who could talk from the heart and without a teleprompter without being PC and still make sense... Some say putting everything out there without engaging the PC part of the brain is a big no-no .. I see him as an open book, he tells it like it is and no hiding under political correctness.. Most of all he truly has his countrys interests at hearrt .. when actually he could have spent the next 10 or so years in retirement and enjoying his millions .. but the establishment and popular media will have it in for him... If we wanted to make a success out of Brexit, we need someone like him .. as it is, we will just muddle through and end up in a state where somehow we will have self inflicted the worst possible outcome on ourselves.

people won't like it much but farage was very much of the same mould.

the problem this country has had for the past few decades is "mr nice guy" syndrome...want desperately to be loved by everybody,but hasn't got the cojones to say..ok look,we got a problem, this is/these are it.knukcle up..... it might get a bit rough.

last leader of that in office was churchill...and to give him some credit,farage.

studying a bit of the history/upbringing of the politicians involved I now know why...and I now know why farage was right all along...i now know why may was such a cave-in.

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, oracle said:

people won't like it much but farage was very much of the same mould.

the problem this country has had for the past few decades is "mr nice guy" syndrome...want desperately to be loved by everybody,but hasn't got the cojones to say..ok look,we got a problem, this is/these are it.knukcle up..... it might get a bit rough.

last leader of that in office was churchill...and to give him some credit,farage.

studying a bit of the history/upbringing of the politicians involved I now know why...and I now know why farage was right all along...i now know why may was such a cave-in.

you might not like trump....yes he is brash,yes he is bombastic...but he has called this situation 100% right.

may is on the wrong side of this argument.

duly noted.

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, BuyToLeech said:

House prices?  No. 

The economy? No. 

As this is already so off topic...

If bitcoin becomes a sink for speculative money, could it actually help to reduce the house prices?  It would be nice to see lots of bitcoin ads on poverty118/tribes sites. 

HOLA4425
10 hours ago, Shrink Proof said:

Farage failed to even turn up for no less than 41 of the 42 meetings, leading to Britain losing most of its fishing quota, causing massive damage to the British fishing industry.

Is this post hoc ergo propter hoc? Sounds suspiciously like it could be, perhaps somewhere between specious claims and b######t. I don't doubt that he didn't attend. What I'd like to see is the proof that this directly caused Britain to lose most of its fishing quota. 

And bear in mind the odious EEC changed the Community Law on access to (territoriality/sovereignty of) other Members' fishing waters in the hours before the UK, Ireland, Denmark and Norway acceded to the EEC in 1972. 

They have form.

They are not our friends.

They are a bunch of c#nts.