House Price Crash Forum
Its-Already-Crashing

Fleet Street Publications Calls A House Price Crash

Under the current editorship of Lord William Rees Mogg and written by a bunch of well connected guys this publication always seems to call markets correctly.

I have a leaflet on my desk that I received in year 2000. It is entitled The Coming Crash of 2001 (stock market). They got this right and many other market calls.

As an STR, I believe they have called the property market correctly too :)

Here is a link:

http://www.fsponline-recommends.co.uk/page...A02&u=apfsljsp2

Under the current editorship of Lord William Rees Mogg and written by a bunch of well connected guys this publication always seems to call markets correctly.

I have a leaflet on my desk that I received in year 2000. It is entitled The Coming Crash of 2001 (stock market). They got this right and many other market calls.

As an STR, I believe they have called the property market correctly too :)

Here is a link:

http://www.fsponline-recommends.co.uk/page...A02&u=apfsljsp2

2. WE’VE HIT THE TOP OF THE HOUSING BUBBLE – after prices climbed 123% between 1970 and 1973, house price inflation hit the brakes in 1974. We’re seeing a repeat today and the effects could be even worse in 2005/2006!

Aren't we at something like 300% increases?

That website looks pretty amateurish.

What are these guys credentials?

[EDIT] Scratch that. Just found the daily reckoning website.

Edited by HPCheese

Isn't FSP one of a group of compaines that flog newsletters on everything from Gambling Systems to Miracle Health Cures to Live & Work Offshore etc etc ??

Hrm, that wouldn't suprise me, their site and text certainly have that "boiler room" feel to it. I wonder why a former Times editor and Knight of the realm is involved in these somewhat suspect outfits?

Hrm, that wouldn't suprise me, their site and text certainly have that "boiler room" feel to it. I wonder why a former Times editor and Knight of the realm is involved in these somewhat suspect outfits?

MONEY?

Isn't FSP one of a group of compaines that flog newsletters on everything from Gambling Systems to Miracle Health Cures to Live & Work Offshore etc etc ??

....and quite happy to indulge in a bit of bandwaggoning from the look of this:

I was appalled by the Bird Flu Panic advert in Guardian Money last Saturday. This asserts that up to a quarter of the UK population could die within 18 months, that there are "easily available natural remedies that outperform anti-viral drugs in medical trials" and "you could make serious short-term money from the bird flu hype in the media". Who placed the advert?

JV, London

The Bird Flu Panic website leads to Fleet Street Publications (FSP), a tip sheet firm where former Times editor Lord William Rees-Mogg is a director. FSP also publishes Red Hot Penny Shares, whose advertising was criticised here in April 2001.

http://money.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0...1645760,00.html

But have to admit, can't really fault their housing musings.

I'm pretty bearish but the same mob said this last year.

They bang on about how they are right all the time and how they can tell you how to be rich.

They include testimonials on their free newsletters.

What is more, several supposedly different publications have their reply paid envelopes returning to the same postcode.

It all just reeks of something not quite right IMO.

Having said that HPI did stumble to a halt last year, but they did say crash, so they were only half right.

NDL

Edit for: Yay! 500 posts!

Edited by New Darker Law

This Article is talking about the US. From what I am starting to read in the national press over here it is very close to the truth.

The yanks actually have a law against flipping, but define flipping as where vendors collude to sell to each other (ie between relatives of employees in the real estate office) one unit in a complex prior to completion. This will increase the values of completions in the area (which is what value appraisers go on) and then justify the inflated value of the rest of the development to banks when they are sold off to joe public.

Instances of it are widespread, and I would not doubt has occured in the selling of new build 2 bedders in the UK.