Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Si1

People put in boxes and they all look the same

Recommended Posts

I don’t often use ‘the train’ but, when I do, this is the tune I hum on long journeys as I try to speed count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 million (£s), 11... as all the streets of little boxes whizz past and I try to calculate their mortgageable ‘value’. 

Nothing will awaken one more than a few hours spent gazing from the window of a train at all the streets hurtling past in a blur... each street built up of lots of little boxes and each pathetic little box the sum of someone’s entire lifetime’s work taken in exchange for their entire lifetimes earnings. 

The boxes never end... they just keep coming - one street after the other, one town after the other, after the other, after the other. Puts the enormity of the scam into ice cold perspective.

 

Edited by Mapatasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

I don’t often use ‘the train’ but, when I do, this is the tune I hum on long journeys as I try to speed count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 million (£s), 11... as all the streets of little boxes whizz past and I try to calculate their mortgageable ‘value’. 

Nothing will awaken one more than a few hours spent gazing from the window of a train at all the streets hurtling past in a blur... each street built up of lots of little boxes and each pathetic little box the sum of someone’s entire lifetime’s work taken in exchange for their entire lifetimes earnings. 

The boxes never end... they just keep coming - one street after the other, one town after the other, after the other, after the other. Puts the enormity of the scam into ice cold perspective.

 

"we have a drone rejecting its programming in sector 12. increase the fluoride..."

 

"to sector 12 sir? but that could..."

 

"..to the entire CITY. Do it now."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapatasy said:

I don’t often use ‘the train’ but, when I do, this is the tune I hum on long journeys as I try to speed count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 million (£s), 11... as all the streets of little boxes whizz past and I try to calculate their mortgageable ‘value’. 

Nothing will awaken one more than a few hours spent gazing from the window of a train at all the streets hurtling past in a blur... each street built up of lots of little boxes and each pathetic little box the sum of someone’s entire lifetime’s work taken in exchange for their entire lifetimes earnings. 

The boxes never end... they just keep coming - one street after the other, one town after the other, after the other, after the other. Puts the enormity of the scam into ice cold perspective.

 

Oof. :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thewig said:

"we have a drone rejecting its programming in sector 12. increase the fluoride..."

 

"to sector 12 sir? but that could..."

 

"..to the entire CITY. Do it now."

Good post. Flouride does make people dumber. It does make them compliant and it is added to the water.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/fulltext

Edited by Arpeggio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny in the 1970s we used to do a lot of acid, I had a girlfriend used to sing this to me, I had no idea it was a "real song" i thought it was something she made up. Great to listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mapatasy said:

I don’t often use ‘the train’ but, when I do, this is the tune I hum on long journeys as I try to speed count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 million (£s), 11... as all the streets of little boxes whizz past and I try to calculate their mortgageable ‘value’. 

Nothing will awaken one more than a few hours spent gazing from the window of a train at all the streets hurtling past in a blur... each street built up of lots of little boxes and each pathetic little box the sum of someone’s entire lifetime’s work taken in exchange for their entire lifetimes earnings. 

The boxes never end... they just keep coming - one street after the other, one town after the other, after the other, after the other. Puts the enormity of the scam into ice cold perspective.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Good post. Flouride does make people dumber. It does make them compliant and it is added to the water.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/fulltext

Fluoride also helps to prevent tooth cavities. It also provides protection against lasers, but I'm not aware there have been any studies in that space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thewig said:

"we have a drone rejecting its programming in sector 12. increase the fluoride..."

 

"to sector 12 sir? but that could..."

 

"..to the entire CITY. Do it now."

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,1
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one 
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,

And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same
.

And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school,
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
Where they are put in boxes
And they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business
And marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky 
And they all look just the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much anyone pays to buy a box is their choice..... anyway there is not only the one way of living, renting high or buying high for less.......go to school, go to uni, find a job, rent, find a partner, buy a box, have child or children, retire and die....... thankfully there are many ways to live a good, positive and fulfilling life.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mapatasy said:

I don’t often use ‘the train’ but, when I do, this is the tune I hum on long journeys as I try to speed count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 million (£s), 11... as all the streets of little boxes whizz past and I try to calculate their mortgageable ‘value’. 

Nothing will awaken one more than a few hours spent gazing from the window of a train at all the streets hurtling past in a blur... each street built up of lots of little boxes and each pathetic little box the sum of someone’s entire lifetime’s work taken in exchange for their entire lifetimes earnings. 

The boxes never end... they just keep coming - one street after the other, one town after the other, after the other, after the other. Puts the enormity of the scam into ice cold perspective.

 

“The Grip of Death” by Michael Rowbotham is a good introduction to the scam.

Each successive generation enslaved to aspire to “own” a tiny patch of land with a house on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,1
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one 
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,

And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky

And they all look just the same.

And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school,
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
Where they are put in boxes
And they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business
And marry and raise a family

In boxes made of ticky tacky 
And they all look just the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

Don't really get it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting secure shelter for one's family.

Lots of houses do look the same - but people are all very different. 

Millions and millions of gloriously wonderful people with different skillsets, working together (although challenges in BTL/HPI financialisation times) - and also bad bad people existing too.

Also houses are very different, individualised - and all different because all located in different areas - and BTLers have claimed loads.

Get the sense those lyrics are critical and dismissive of other people in general and how they live their lives....  'pretty children' / 'all come out the same' - vs 'superior view'.   

People all look the same - "ticky-tacky"?  'Meat-people' just raising families and not having wonderful life experiences nor doing anything productive-  vs 'life wisdom winner superior' ???

What is date of that song?  1962.  

What is the alternative?  No education.  No one become Doctors or Business Executives?

 

Living like hippies and no rules superiority?

And there's no 'con' - just freewill adults willing (and often very able) to pay more than others in market / not tempted to sell mad-gainz etc.

And millions of older owners have no mortgage debt.

Quote

 

Housing Market 'Wealth' Hits £6 TRILLION !!

EA Today: So to be clear, those aged 55 and above own over SIXTY THREE PER CENT of the country’s equity in housing.  ..Those aged 16 to 34 own precisely 3.3 per cent of the property wealth.

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/features/2017/12/property-wealth-more-bad-news-for-the-young

 

Quote

Telegraph 5 December 2017
At £5 trillion, land makes up more than half of the UK’s net worth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/12/05/uk-worth-10tn-half-land-value/he UK is worth £10tn - and more than half of that is from land value

---------
dad‏ 
@username700002
 1h1 hour ago
It doesn't does it, it is not wealth its cost - an overhead restricting innovation and growth.

Georgist‏ 
@bygeorgist
 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @ONS
come on the boomers know this already, it's well understood and they don't care.

 

Edited by Venger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, winkie said:

How much anyone pays to buy a box is their choice..... anyway there is not only the one way of living, renting high or buying high for less.......go to school, go to uni, find a job, rent, find a partner, buy a box, have child or children, retire and die....... thankfully there are many ways to live a good, positive and fulfilling life.;)

I always think Peter Siegel was typical of the left.They think the pursuit of wealth/capital makes everyone the same.Empty,when in fact its the opposite.The houses might be similar,but the people in them will be all different.They (the likes of Siegel) dont understand for many people its not the pursuit of wealth at all,its the pursuit of individual freedom,and freedom from the state is the most important thing anyone can aim for in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Venger said:

Don't really get it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting secure shelter for one's family.

Lots of houses do look the same, but people are all very different.  Also houses are very different, individualised - and all different because all located in different areas - and BTLers have claimed loads.

Get the sense those lyrics are critical and dismissive of other people in general and how they live their lives....  'pretty children' / 'all come out the same' - vs 'superior view'.   

What is the alternative?  No education.  No one become Doctors or Business Executives?

Living like hippies and no rules superiority?

And there's no 'con' - just freewill adults willing (and often very able) to pay more than others in market / not tempted to sell mad-gainz etc.

And millions of older owners have no mortgage debt.

Housing Market 'Wealth' Hits £6 TRILLION !!

EA Today: So to be clear, those aged 55 and above own over SIXTY THREE PER CENT of the country’s equity in housing.  ..Those aged 16 to 34 own precisely 3.3 per cent of the property wealth.

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/features/2017/12/property-wealth-more-bad-news-for-the-young

 

Oh I dunno. The lyrics don't criticise the aspiration for shelter, they criticise the aspiration for sprawling middle class suburbs and inane one upmanship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, durhamborn said:

 

I always think Peter Siegel was typical of the left.They think the pursuit of wealth/capital makes everyone the same.Empty,when in fact its the opposite.The houses might be similar,but the people in them will be all different.They (the likes of Siegel) dont understand for many people its not the pursuit of wealth at all,its the pursuit of individual freedom,and freedom from the state is the most important thing anyone can aim for in my book.

Well yes, but you don't live in a mcmansion do you, mortgaged to the eyeballs like a good drone and warbling on about it at dinner parties, so you've already taken the correct first step. You definitely aren't a clone.

Edited by Si1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Good post. Flouride does make people dumber. It does make them compliant and it is added to the water.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/fulltext

They (supposedly) don't add it to the water in the UK or Europe

2 hours ago, nayth said:

Fluoride also helps to prevent tooth cavities. It also provides protection against lasers, but I'm not aware there have been any studies in that space.

Categorically untrue. Fluoride added to water has absolutely no impact on dental health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Locke said:

They (supposedly) don't add it to the water in the UK or Europe

Hope not.

 

4 minutes ago, Locke said:

Categorically untrue. Fluoride added to water has absolutely no impact on dental health.

Even though that is the supposed basis on which they add it to water when they do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arpeggio said:

Hope not.

 

Even though that is the supposed basis on which they add it to water when they do!

The reason they add it in the US is because fluoride pollution from aluminium processes was destroying the countryside and causing health problems in thousands to millions of people.

If you add it to the drinking water, suddenly the smelters are off the hook for fluorosis and well, if it's in the water, it can't be that bad for you, right?

"land of the free"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation: 3 studies linked that say adding fluoride does help dental health. And there are 2 maps on that wiki, the 1st is "naturally occurring" fluoride in water, in which yes UK and Europe are not included

BUT there is a second  map which shows combined natural + added, and if I am reading this right, Ireland has over 60% of its population receiving fluorinated water (or is that 80%+ ?)

and in England, Scotland, Wales, 20 - 40%

So if you believe it has only negative effects and thought you weren't getting it in the water supply -- sorry, bad news !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree that in the UK, we still build Victorian looking boxes for some reason.

The year is 2017 with all the tech advances, yet people are still dished up truly horrible new builds with practically no tech built into them at all.

 

All yours for a ridiculous sum of money that the bank will loan you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tm_81 said:

According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation: 3 studies linked that say adding fluoride does help dental health. And there are 2 maps on that wiki, the 1st is "naturally occurring" fluoride in water, in which yes UK and Europe are not included

BUT there is a second  map which shows combined natural + added, and if I am reading this right, Ireland has over 60% of its population receiving fluorinated water (or is that 80%+ ?)

and in England, Scotland, Wales, 20 - 40%

So if you believe it has only negative effects and thought you weren't getting it in the water supply -- sorry, bad news !

Thanks for that, I must have misremembered. Rename that "list of places I will never raise kids in"

 

http://www.newsweek.com/fluoridation-may-not-prevent-cavities-huge-study-shows-348251

 

Fluoride in toothpaste may affect it, fluoride in drinking water has no effect, other than to damage babies' brains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Locke said:

They (supposedly) don't add it to the water in the UK or Europe

Categorically untrue. Fluoride added to water has absolutely no impact on dental health.

Fine, but you missed my point.

Do you think 'they' are doing things to make 'us' dumber and more compliant? (such as adding fluoride to the water supply, in some places but not others - which seems odd in itself as a method of mind control)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 407 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.