Toys R Us prepares to shut 25 stores

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1 

Amazon will destroy them. No point in them continuing.

That was the early learning centre.   

26 minutes ago, winkie said:

Lego is almost impossible to destroy, there must be tons of it sitting in boxes in lofts all over the country....;)

Oftenthought that too. Lots of things that are hard to destroy are getting saturated like that. Electric guitars are pretty robust- there are so many good 2nd hand ones why would you buy new? Bicycles, although they do rust a bit....

1 hour ago, Longtermrenter said:

Oftenthought that too. Lots of things that are hard to destroy are getting saturated like that. Electric guitars are pretty robust- there are so many good 2nd hand ones why would you buy new? Bicycles, although they do rust a bit....

https://www.cnet.com/news/lego-you-are-dead-to-me/

"Give Lego credit for innovating after losing patent protection on its bricks. It's now a $4 billion company built on brilliant licensing deals and increasingly expensive, specialized sets. Which is exactly why I'm starting to hate it so, so much."

• 2 weeks later...

Toys R Us troubles put 3,200 jobs at risk

Toys R Us is facing an uncertain future in the UK after it was told to put £9m into its struggling pension fund by the Pension Protection Fund (PPF). It has to come up with the money by Thursday in order for the PPF to agree to the retailer's restructuring plan.

Failure to agree a deal could put all its 3,200 staff at risk of redundancy. BBC

Very difficult situation for the employees.

1 hour ago, Diver Dan said:

Friend of mine works at Smyths and says that loads of his colleagues are worried about having jobs in the new year.

Mate of mine lives in Jeopardy and he says, if you need a job, move there as there are 1000's of jobs in Jeopardy.

:P The old ones are the best 

Although I don't think it's a good thing when zombie companies are relying on cheap and easy credit just to survive it's a bit farcical that hundreds of billions have been printed off and pumped into the TFS, ostensibly to lend to businesses,... yet Toys R Us can't get their hands on a measly £9m.

Edited by nome
17 minutes ago, nome said:

Although I don't think it's a good thing when zombie companies are relying on cheap and easy credit just to survive it's a bit farcical that hundreds of billions have been printed off and pumped into the TFS, ostensibly to lend to businesses idiots willing to sell their soul to the bankers and speculate on already massive over priced housing ,... yet Toys R Us can't get their hands on a measly £9m.

Corrected for accuracy.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

In a word, No.

Have you seen the smile on a childs face as you take them to a toy shop.

It's magic.

Trying getting that from ordering on line.

Yes, but for Christmas you wouldn't shop with the child surely? If you did that the presents wouldn't be a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Yes, but for Christmas you wouldn't shop with the child surely? If you did that the presents wouldn't be a surprise.

NEVER go in a toy shop with a child if you want to get out again the same day. When mine were toddlers I spent far too much time in Early Learning Centre, unable to leave due to meltdown tantrums if I did. Also when you finally do get them out again just try explaining why Doggy On Wheels is not coming with us.

On 02/12/2017 at 9:10 AM, Ash4781 said:

My local Toys r Us store has the same layout as when I used to visit as a child 30years ago. Even down to the children test riding bikes down the aisles, and the high prices. It has a certain charm but maybe I’m biased! (The future is box filled toys dropped from automated amazon drones ?)

Future to me is preferably like what happened yesterday - having been recommended a certain toy for a particular age grandchild, ordering from JL website yesterday and picking up from Waitrose today. ?

Sky News is reporting that the Toys R Us creditors meeting has been suspended for a second time as talks continue to reach a deal with the Pensions Protection Fund.

https://news.sky.com/story/toys-r-us-close-to-winning-ppf-backing-to-avert-risk-of-collapse-11179452

Amyone got any oys r us vouchers ?

Best get down the shop and spend them.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere