House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Nationwide Nov 2017 Predictions

6 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Who cares.  

I was just thinking that.

It's meaningless to us now, the straglers. We're not going to buy at any price now, so x % on top of an irrational price is meaningless.

Wake us all up with its down 20% and accelerating.

.....capital growth stable at 2.5%, less than inflation then, food inflation anyway.....catching up with savings, or on par with savings if taking into consideration all the extra costs of holding property.....;)

6 minutes ago, ARENAPUA said:

Don't understand why, when the nominal price has gone down marginally that it's a 0.1% MoM rise...

Probably he oldest trick in the housing index manipulators book.

Revise last month's figure downwards, and only then calculate the new figure!

31 minutes ago, ARENAPUA said:

Don't understand why, when the nominal price has gone down marginally that it's a 0.1% MoM rise...

In a word (or two, actually) Seasonal Adjusting

15 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

4 months since highest ever price - peaked this summer?

At some point the first interest rate rise will push prices down YOY.

The 2nd IR rise will push them down further...at 10% down YOY all hell should break loose.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

I'm seeing big drops here in the south east. Hopefully this particular index will show a year on year drop within a few months. Hopefully they all will.

Northants has dried up.

Apart from my neighbours selling to some idiot ( who pays for their ironing to be done by the looks of it ) then everything else round me is say unsold or sat SSTC for 9 months.

All I see are dodgy EA signs with "sold" on them on common land .

The new listed prices are like the SE of england now !!! 

The vast majority of the housing stock is not for sale.....what it will go for in 25 years plus or whenever it is put onto the open market is hypothetical hearsay........;)

Yes I know Count. Thankfully many more 'For Sale' signs than 'Sold' down here now. Bang average gaffs that were coming on at £450k in Spring are now coming on closer to £400k. reminds me a bit of late 2006....

Yup Oxfords an interesting one the prices rose here very quickly and seem to be falling even faster £375k flats snapping back to £300-£325. There was an amazing small window for sellers to cash in at crazy prices. Dont think a lot realized that!

14 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

Yes I know Count. Thankfully many more 'For Sale' signs than 'Sold' down here now. Bang average gaffs that were coming on at £450k in Spring are now coming on closer to £400k. reminds me a bit of late 2006....

Total anecdote of course but based on what I am seeing round here I can believe it.

eitherway 2018 is going to be very very interesting.

Expect another fed rate hike in december, UK next one could be as early as march.

Kidlington in Oxfordshire is taking a pasting, just look at the bungalows. What was £550K has dropped to £425k.

New train station effect in full reverse!:

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/42599246?search_identifier=756a6cb8312b40a06f9d936c01370b39#RjivAViuZS0XkKBW.97

It seems as if the agents are not getting the message though, new instructions are still coming on at ridiculous asking prices!

Edited by maffo in oxford

Good to hear it's happening in Oxfordshire too. I'm particularly enjoying seeing some of these awful new build estates that are still so new the usual chronic flags are still waving about going up for sale already 10 to 20% under what the shiny people paid for them and sticking on the market. These new estates around here are so bad you can walk past and knock on their windows without breaking stride and they are so overlooked that you can perform Othello in the tiny back garden and have an audience of hundreds. Awful concrete jungle depressing places.

Anyway these indexes have got to start reflecting the drops we are seeing soon.

1 minute ago, Sperm Donor said:

Good to hear it's happening in Oxfordshire too. I'm particularly enjoying seeing some of these awful new build estates that are still so new the usual chronic flags are still waving about going up for sale already 10 to 20% under what the shiny people paid for them and sticking on the market. These new estates around here are so bad you can walk past and knock on their windows without breaking stride and they are so overlooked that you can perform Othello in the tiny back garden and have an audience of hundreds. Awful concrete jungle depressing places.

Anyway these indexes have got to start reflecting the drops we are seeing soon.

Yep front gardens did serve a purpose, keeps those window knockers at bay.