House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletcher

Residential landlady appears on The Chase....

...and fails.

https://www.itv.com/hub/the-chase/1a7842a0462

One could say a lot of uncomplimentary things about this particular individual.  

Some might say, for example, that she chose the high offer because she's loaded (she says in her intro chat that she bought "a number of properties many many years ago wiv me bruvver") and has just had some plans approved to convert a "biggish" house into two houses.  (One might wonder how a house that is big enough to be converted into two houses is merely "biggish" and not "huge".)  Of course, for a well-to-do landlord, there's no point faffing about with miserly sums like a few K.  That will hardly shift the needle when you're already loaded.  The big money's where it's at. 

Some might say that she fits the stereotype of stupid fat landlords, not even guessing correctly that Nuremberg was the City of Party Rallies, and instead selecting Munich (facepalm). 

But I would never say such things. Besides, I'm sure she's a lovely person. No, seriously.  Maybe. 

Funny, I used to occasionally watch Deal or No Deal back in the day (don't hold it against me).  I don't remember them ever having a residential property landlord on the show...

maybe she is so up the swanny with the s24 bill winging it`s way to her the top offer was the only one to go for to keep the vultures at bay for another month. 

just saying like. :rolleyes:

maybe she should apply for a spot on the celebrity version the offers are better a better yield. ;)

I hear they are releasing a whole range of game shows for lanlords.

Price Price is Not high enough

The Wheel of Debt

Name that Lender

Bankruptcy Sale of the Century

Wipedout

Countdown to bankruptcy

Mr And Mrs Wilson

Opportunity Costs

Wankety *****

8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The Wheel of Debt

Name that Lender

Wipedout

Countdown to bankruptcy

Mr And Mrs Wilson

Opportunity Costs

Wankety *****

Homes Under The Hammer House of Horror.

20 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

Homes Under The Hammer House of Horror.

I was going to say homes under the hammer wasnt a game show, but then I realised it was :lol: 

On 29/11/2017 at 8:31 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The Wheel of Debt

Name that Lender

Wipedout

Countdown to bankruptcy

Mr And Mrs Wilson

Opportunity Costs

Wankety *****

Who wants to be a property millionaire

one to 15

The price is shite

Plastermind

On 29/11/2017 at 12:07 AM, Fletcher said:

Funny, I used to occasionally watch Deal or No Deal back in the day (don't hold it against me).  I don't remember them ever having a residential property landlord on the show...

They probably took one look at the tiny boxes and thought, 'slap in a few bunk beds and rent them out for £5 a month under tha shared room LHA band!'

My favourites

I`m a Landlord get me outta here.

Pointless landlord special.

The weakest link FTB edition.

Storage Hunters the immigrant HMO christmas special. 

Plebheads 

going for missold. 

The X homeowner factor. 

On 11/29/2017 at 12:07 AM, Fletcher said:

...and fails.

https://www.itv.com/hub/the-chase/1a7842a0462

One could say a lot of uncomplimentary things about this particular individual.  

Some might say, for example, that she chose the high offer because she's loaded (she says in her intro chat that she bought "a number of properties many many years ago wiv me bruvver") and has just had some plans approved to convert a "biggish" house into two houses.  (One might wonder how a house that is big enough to be converted into two houses is merely "biggish" and not "huge".)  Of course, for a well-to-do landlord, there's no point faffing about with miserly sums like a few K.  That will hardly shift the needle when you're already loaded.  The big money's where it's at. 

Some might say that she fits the stereotype of stupid fat landlords, not even guessing correctly that Nuremberg was the City of Party Rallies, and instead selecting Munich (facepalm). 

But I would never say such things. Besides, I'm sure she's a lovely person. No, seriously.  Maybe. 

might stand a bit more chance with that one though,the questions are easier!