House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mancghirl

The Darkest Hour Is Just Before The Dawn

Round at my folks on Saturday, I perused the property section of the mighty Rochdale Observer. Amongst all the over priced terraces that had been on for 12 months, there were full page ads from developers for new builds which aren't shifting.

One was for a development of 1 bed flats.....form an orderly queue folks......for £200,000 each. In Rochdale. FFS.

Even in these crazy times, you can buy a massive detached house for that round that way. No amount of SMEG fridges or 'help with deposit for FTB' (what bloody FTBs?) is going to sell that lemon.

My mum reckoned it was a misprint....bless her.

One was for a development of 1 bed flats.....form an orderly queue folks......for £200,000 each. In Rochdale. FFS.

:D:blink::huh:

Oh my good god!

Currently I'm having to look at either buying or renting a flat in Canary Wharf for work, I expect I'll rent. But just so you know...... a 1 bed flat less than 5min walk from any number of investment banks in Londons financial district....new build or second hand will cost around the same or less than that.

I'm sure the NW is a lovely area..... but I struggle to see how local incomes can be similar to those in Canary Wharf.

Northwest house prices are a joke...Manchester and some of the local areas have house prices similar to London. Who on earth is buying these? We do not have an economy that can sustain this sort of madness.

Manchesteer and Liverpool will be hit very hard in the event of a house price crash IMO

I have noticed this worrying trend for a while now. Houses in Berkshire are the same price as houses oop North.

Suppose we had better brace ourselves for another migration from North to South putting even more pressure on infrastructure in the South.

Northwest house prices are a joke...Manchester and some of the local areas have house prices similar to London. Who on earth is buying these? We do not have an economy that can sustain this sort of madness.

Manchesteer and Liverpool will be hit very hard in the event of a house price crash IMO

i totally agree

what beats me is how anyone can believe that these are fair value.

i have mentioned elswhere the developemnt of 17 executive apartments in my road on a spot previously occupied by 2 bungalows. the asking prices are £250k-£270k.

IMO they shoud be asking £60k max.,

for £250k you can buy a nice apartment in kensington.

I think you're mistaken in calling them 'flats'. They must be 'executive apartments' hence the price. ;):D

I'd expect an exclusive, luxury executive apartment for 200k.

Round at my folks on Saturday, I perused the property section of the mighty Rochdale Observer. Amongst all the over priced terraces that had been on for 12 months, there were full page ads from developers for new builds which aren't shifting.

Even in these crazy times, you can buy a massive detached house for that round that way. No amount of SMEG fridges or 'help with deposit for FTB' (what bloody FTBs?) is going to sell that lemon.

My mum reckoned it was a misprint....bless her.

Rochdale? 200,000? who the hells gonna buy them!!? thats a joke! :lol:

There's a load of flats/apartments just been finished round the corner from me, about 20 or so. They are all two bedroom and vary slightly in size and are priced from £100,000 to £125,000. All of the smaller ones have been bought up leaving the two largest ones. They should be priced at about £40,000 at a push. The average income in this Borough is £16,600 according to the council. Accordin to the BBC the average house price is £215,000! That's a whooping 13 times salaries. This is mainly due to the number of second homes.

The flats in question will IMO age poorly and become little more than worthless crack dens. People are buying them claiming they are an investment. They look dated already.

Northern Cities are going to be littered with algae covered glass apartment blocks, Manchester will look like a swap in 15 years. Full of glass and steel uber greenhouses

Tear down ugly 60's tower blocks and replace them with... Luxury apartments. <_<

Stop moaning you lot and have a look at the prices, truly up north!

£275,000 for a 90+ sq m two bed flat in what looks like a sanitised office block.

http://www.scotia-fountainhall.co.uk/home/...rom3=&priceto3=

I have shown you mine now show me yours!

That flat is so cramped the plans show the bathroom door and utility door colliding!

Who the hell would fork out 200K for such a crappy little mish mash.

£275,000 for a 90+ sq m two bed flat in what looks like a sanitised office block.

Please provide the link for the £200,000 flat in Kensington. I am interested to compare.

The glossy presentation fails to hide a very large white elephant. It's so absurd I couldn't laugh. Ineed a drink-off t'pub.

rabbits_004.gif

post-67-1138623621.gif

OHH.... I DO HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

I can categorically say that prices are that MAD in Liverpool, that when I see houses for £220k in the Midlands of Down South I start saying they are good value. I have been looking for 2 years now and there is nothing for under £180K that is decent. The EA's dont believe that a house can possibly have an asking price of under £100K and EVERY.... I'll repeat that... EVERY HOUSE that is marketed is OVER THE CEILING PRICE - REgardless of condition.

If anyone want to try this out then go onto Rightmove and check out the asking price and then the last sold price.

EG: House asking price £169,950 - last sold prices £120K, £115K in OCTOBER 2005!!!

The Liverpool EA's are theiving Gypsy B@stards!!! The sooner the get whats due to them the better!!!

Same in Devon..

higher they go the further they fall..

Our wages are not the same as they would be in the square mile either..

I have posted on flats (sorry apartments) in manchester before. I have done freelance consultancy work on a lot of them. Many, many burnt fingers-mainly btl.

By the way, I moved into a fairclough home 3 years ago. Aftersales - diabolical. Quality - embarassing.

The first complaints letters I ever wrote in 35 years of my life to that point.

Please provide the link for the £200,000 flat in Kensington. I am interested to compare.

Office block? Prison more like.

Stick in a 12ft high electric fence and some guardtowers.

here in blackpool that has gotta have one of the worst wages in the country, prices are completely insane

Here what has happened is all the people that moved to the posh area lytham st annes have bought up all the housing in blackpool as investment.

Now everyone seems to be renting from them

terraced houses here 7 years ago could be picked up for 12k there now selling for 100k+

There is no way any employeed here can buy, and whoever i speak to here its full blown lie to buy.dirty stinking bedsits in junkie land here are selling for 80k each.Thats a price a family 2 working here in the usual employment cant even afford.

It is a fact that is the lower end houses that have risen so much, as thats where all the investment money has been pouring into.We here now have a renter class, and massive diffrence between rich and poor.There are whores out on central drive nightly selling there hole for a bag, and little hoodies running around stealing anything they can get, and beggers in every street corner.

50% of the people here are definetly earning less than 220 week, i can prove this to anyone ie all the large employers here burtons, pleasure beach and all the hotels and bars they are all earning less than 220 a week

so the shittiest crappy place here is 10x the usual wage.

What is skewing the figures of average wage here is the government backed and paid for jobs, ie DWP, BA systems in kirkham, teacher,police,hospital and council jobs.

The rest are on there **** paying about half there wages to live in the houses they have bought for investment.

yeah its realy starting to depress me this town.

Office block? Prison more like.

Stick in a 12ft high electric fence and some guardtowers.

Yes, an even better description.

What is even more interesting are the views they do not show you in the brochure and online.

There are mainly two choices of view:

1. The back of grotty lockups.

2. Into the car park of the complex.

It is truly unbelievable that they can get away with prices like these.

The interiors are also so boring. A box within a box!

A speculator who bought to flip is asking £296,000 today, for a two bed.

Yet they appear to be selling!!

A speculator who bought to flip is asking £296,000 today, for a two bed.

Yet they appear to be selling!!

:rolleyes: the madness of crowds.

It is quite astonishing though, I mean how on earth can it cost more to buy a flat in Liverpool average wage £14k ish... than in Docklands average wage £50k ish.

Find out who's buying these flats.

I couldn't believe a certain set of 'luxury' flats local to me were actually selling; but with a little investigation and a helpful post by someone else on this site, I found a housing associaton had bought them.

Talk about public money propping up house builders profits!

http://www.tvha.co.uk/residents/sharedowne...-homes.cfm#park

housing associations were sold as the fix to the council house shortage.

the truth is they were just another letting agency though this time backed by government money.

The government is spending billions every year on housing benifit, it would actually be cheaper to build basic houses and give the people them than keep paying money to everyone to house them.

Much council houses was giving to these housing association for free, it would have been much better to give them to the tenents for free, they could fix them up at there own free will with the money they now aint spending on rent.

Edited by homeless