House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Corbyn becoming PM is 'worse threat to business than Brexit', says bank

22 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

"The prospect of Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister is a more serious threat to British business banks than Brexit, the investment bank Morgan Stanley has warned".

Thanks for the heads up Morgan Stanley, looks like it'll be Corbyn then!

BTW, I think that's "Prime Minister", unless he has his eyes set overseas!

Edited by Fence

“Even though the UK economic news flow hasn’t been as bad as some feared, the UK equity market has underperformed materially over the past year. Its relative valuation is now down to its lowest level since the height of the TMT [technology, media and telecoms] bubble".

?!!?!?*??!!!?:D

Edited by Fence

How daft it the situation the Guardian of all organisations are promoting the interests of Morgan Stanley because they are obsessed with any anti brexit article they can. 

Guardian check:

Atrocious grammar (for a newspaper) and lack of proof reading: check!

Subsequent material change to article (by comparing the article url (i.e. original tenent of article) to the current actual article): not yet!

Every time financial terrorists like Morgan Stanley open their mouths in defence of the status quo they add another ten seats to the next Labour majority in Parliament.

Keep up the good work, crims. B)

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

..........They don't get it do they?

No.  So, as they say they believe in the free market and are increasing acting like some old sclerotic state enterprise, bye bye.  It gets to the point that you no longer worry about the alternative because at least it is one.

4 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I'm coming round to the idea of a Corbyn government. Primarily because I hate the banks, but also because I quite like the idea of the police state that will follow.

The choice is a slow march to totalitarianism under the Tories, or a goosestep under Corbyn.

I'm up for Corbyn, simply to crash this shitshow of a system sooner so that we can all get on with our lives.

2 minutes ago, Locke said:

The choice is a slow march to totalitarianism under the Tories, or a goosestep under Corbyn.

I'm up for Corbyn, simply to crash this shitshow of a system sooner so that we can all get on with our lives.

Isn't that like saying you prefer suicide to dying slowly of cancer?

1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

I don't know how anyone can take seriously a 68 year old man who says that people should retire before they are 68?

Because he is not Morgan Stanley?

I don't believe in his politics, but it would be a huge improvement on the walking abortion we currently are subjected to.

10 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

Because he is not Morgan Stanley?

I don't believe in his politics, but it would be a huge improvement on the walking abortion we currently are subjected to.

He thinks that people should not do demanding jobs after 68 and he wants to be PM!  You do wonder how any 68 year old who wants to be PM can say that (unless he plans to be a figurehead and let someone else govern, like his shadow chancellor who is 66).

52 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I'm coming round to the idea of a Corbyn government. Primarily because I hate the banks, but also because I quite like the idea of the police state that will follow.

I no longer worry about the alternative, and the police state is already well on its way here, courtesy Mrs May (then Home Secretary) and the Cameron and May governments:

Investigatory Powers Act 2016:

o ......... carry out targeted interception of communications, bulk collection of communications data, and bulk interception of communications;

o required communication service providers (CSPs) to retain UK internet users' "Internet connection records" for (a rolling) one year;

o allowed police, intelligence officers and other government department managers (listed below) to see the Internet connection records, as part of a targeted and filtered investigation, without a warrant;

o to carry out targeted equipment interference, that is, hacking into computers or devices to access their data, and bulk equipment interference for national security matters related to foreign investigations;

o placed a legal obligation on CSPs to assist with targeted interception of data, and communications and equipment interference in relation to an investigation

o maintained an existing requirement on CSPs in the UK to have the ability to remove encryption applied by the CSP; foreign companies are not required to remove encryption;

o provided local government with some investigatory powers, for example to investigate someone fraudulently claiming benefits, but not access to Internet connection records;

o created a new criminal offence for unlawfully accessing internet data;

o created a new criminal offence for a CSP or someone who works for a CSP to reveal that data has been requested.

List of authorities allowed to access (all) Internet connection records without a warrant:

Metropolitan Police Service.... City of London Police....Police forces maintained under section 2 of the Police Act 1996...Police Service of Scotland...Police Service of Northern Ireland...British Transport Police...Ministry of Defence Police...Royal Navy Police...Royal Military Police...Royal Air Force Police...Security Service...Secret Intelligence Service...GCHQ...Ministry of Defence...Department of Health...Home Office...Ministry of Justice...National Crime Agency...HM Revenue & Customs...Department for Transport...Department for Work and Pensions...NHS trusts and foundation trusts in England that provide ambulance services...NHS National Services Scotland...Competition and Markets Authority...Criminal Cases Review Commission...Department for Communities...Department for the Economy...Department of Justice (Northern Ireland)...Financial Conduct Authority...Fire and rescue authorities under the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004...Food Standards Agency...Food Standards Scotland...Gambling Commission...Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority...Health and Safety Executive...Independent Police Complaints Commission...Information Commissioner...NHS Business Services Authority...Northern Ireland Ambulance Service...Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service Board...Health & Social Care Business Services Organisation...Office of Communications...Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland...Police Investigations and Review Commissioner...Scottish Ambulance Service Board...Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission...Serious Fraud Office...Welsh Ambulance Services National Health Service Trust

But then, as the Nazi's apparently said, you have nothing to fear if you have done nothing "wrong"! 

Edited by Fence

1 minute ago, Unexpected said:

If you believe in the afterlife, then probably.

If you believe in the afterlife and are Christian or Muslim then you think suicide is a sin (not sure about other religions).

24 minutes ago, Fence said:

I no longer worry about the alternative, and the police state is already well on its way here, courtesy Mrs May (then Home Secretary) and the

But then, as the Nazi's apparently said, you have nothing to fear if you have done nothing "wrong"! 

I think the communists said that as well.

24 minutes ago, Fence said:

o provided local government with some investigatory powers, for example to investigate someone fraudulently claiming benefits, but not access to Internet connection records;

o created a new criminal offence for unlawfully accessing internet data;

I don't like May and most of the laws you quoted are worrying but what is wrong with those ones?