House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Londoner's on a hair trigger

(I know I really should be writing about the Egypt attack...but) I really wanted to explore the Oxford Street attack that wasn't.

2 separate thoughts:

-Londoners must be expecting an attack at any moment, hence the reaction to who knows what.  Really not sure of the appeal of living like that (though I am probably a bit of a mentalist, because when in a crowd these days, I often think, wow imagine what a terrorist could do with this)

-it is amazing what the "madness of a crowd" can do, whether in a tube station or the financial markets.  I am looking forward to seeing what happens when a few people suddenly make a move in an unexpected direction in the property or financial markets!

5 hours ago, sexton said:

Stop Brexit or we'll shut down London!

http://www.purelyboys.co.uk/shop/serious-boy-fun/cap-bomb/

Bugger, that cap bomb would have done very nicely for my nephew's boy.   Why is anything that would be the perfect present for somebody, invariably out of stock?  

Ive got him some 'sticky poo' -  chuck the brown gunge it at a wall and it sticks - plus he'll get some cash, but I think the  cap bomb would have been better. 

I wonder if the panic was partly due to the overcrowding and sensory overload that tends to occur in popular shopping areas in the run-up to Christmas. It can be difficult to find somewhere to stand still in those conditions, let alone a toilet. It's possible that a lot of the people were just visitors and not actually Londoners, so they probably already felt a bit uneasy at being in an unfamiliar environment.

33 minutes ago, BristolBuyer said:

I wonder if the panic was partly due to the overcrowding and sensory overload that tends to occur in popular shopping areas in the run-up to Christmas. It can be difficult to find somewhere to stand still in those conditions, let alone a toilet. It's possible that a lot of the people were just visitors and not actually Londoners, so they probably already felt a bit uneasy at being in an unfamiliar environment.

Interesting theory, I was at a Christmas market last night and had that feeling a bit, I managed to get my group to go to the edge of the market to eat and drink, which was better.

For someone that does like crowds much anymore, I tend to end up getting stuck in them quite a bit.

On 25/11/2017 at 5:53 PM, reddog said:

Interesting theory, I was at a Christmas market last night and had that feeling a bit, I managed to get my group to go to the edge of the market to eat and drink, which was better.

For someone that does like crowds much anymore, I tend to end up getting stuck in them quite a bit.

Now imagine if we had the NRA and could all carry concealed weapons. ?