House Price Crash Forum

They just wont stop....

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441
1 minute ago, Barnsey said:

The reason why Count and Venger are getting so worked up right now, and a sure sign that things are heading south for the housing market, is the tsunami of recent home buyers becoming members of this forum. Funny that. I actually find it rather comical and increasingly obvious with every passing week.

The MODS posted a message last week, IIRC, about trolls, they are impartial and have detected an uptick.  it seems we get a returning user(s) coming back time and time again.  Dunno how they track them but they do.

I'm getting worked up because yet again, a bunch of elitist a-holes are robbing millions of us blind.

To be fair to you, at least you bought 4 years ago just as things were getting started, and not at the peak a year ago. But I'm calling b***s**t on you being happy to see the loss of, what, at least £150,000? Paper gains or not, that's easy lottery like money for doing nout, plus the rent you haven't had to pay in that time too.

It's odd that we're not getting many people who bought 2 years ago posting about how they've made the biggest mistake of their lives, are bricking it and wonder what they should do. 

Odd that.

I find it totally bizarre that a) these people are coming on her b ) they think we believe them and c) seem to know everything about certain posters.

The attacks are welcome, it shows how scared they are.

This thread is about the trolls being right in 1 way....they will stop at nothing to keep prices up...unfortunately a collapse will happen and it will be MUCH worse.  Not only houses will collapse, the value of the £, will, IRs could shoot up, social unrest, worse case war.  Good to see the trolls were right tho.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

But I'm calling b***s**t on you being happy to see the loss of, what, at least £150,000?

But I've got to live somewhere (and I like where I live), so any gain will only be collected by my sprogs when I check out. And they'll be better served by cheap house prices in the interim. I suppose I could try and time the market by selling to rent, but if I've learnt one thing in life it's I'm not very good at timing markets.

I've been signed up here since 2007, just never posted. Fair enough, I'm sure a few people to join up to troll but not everyone.

HOLA443
5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Pensions are worthless

What are the fine people of HPC going to do now ?

I'm off soon,  we refuse to be part of this madness any more.  My taxes are being abused, my children have no future here.

Has anyone else had enough ?

Sorry, don't understand the pensions point.  Why are they worthless?

As many on here know my family and I are off to the continent under FIRE conditions.  It's down to Cyprus vs Spain.  Plan is to be in and registered before Brexit (early summer 2018).  We then end up with pre-Brexit negotiation rights which given the negotiations so far look pretty much to be the rights of an EU citizen (gap currently seems to be wouldn't keep those rights if we moved from one EU27 country to another).

HOLA444
2 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Still cant get my head round the latest stamp duty cut.

To help prop up houses prices and most definitely to help developers - it's a transfer from treasury towards sellers for as long as supply of housing remains fixed. On the margin, it definitely remains fixed as evidence by this (notice the propaganda about how it will benefit FTBs - it doesn't; they themselves put it black on white whom it actually benefits):

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/stamp-duty-stampede-on-firsttime-buyer-homes-in-london-a3699941.html

"It will cut the tax burden on the median London starter home of around £365,000 from £8,250 to £3,250 and will benefit the vast majority of first-time buyers in London." 

Lucy Pendleton, director of south-west London agents James Pendleton, said: “We had one person whose offer of £358,000 on a flat in Wandsworth was not acceptable at 12.30pm increasing it by £5,000 to £363,000 at 2.30pm.

"That was as a result of the stamp duty relief — the offer was accepted.”

HOLA445
13 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

To help prop up houses prices and most definitely to help developers - it's a transfer from treasury towards sellers for as long as supply of housing remains fixed. On the margin, it definitely remains fixed as evidence by this (notice the propaganda about how it will benefit FTBs - it doesn't; they themselves put it black on white whom it actually benefits):

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/stamp-duty-stampede-on-firsttime-buyer-homes-in-london-a3699941.html

"It will cut the tax burden on the median London starter home of around £365,000 from £8,250 to £3,250 and will benefit the vast majority of first-time buyers in London." 

Lucy Pendleton, director of south-west London agents James Pendleton, said: “We had one person whose offer of £358,000 on a flat in Wandsworth was not acceptable at 12.30pm increasing it by £5,000 to £363,000 at 2.30pm.

i never new 5k was worth something 

HOLA446
13 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Didnt take them long did it

By all accounts young people are now flocking to buy a house worth £100K, for £335K even though yesterday it was worth £330K

2c93511d89df487e2ecd5a87762cc12a--nazi-p

HOLA447
22 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Sorry, don't understand the pensions point.  Why are they worthless?

Pension ages being pushed back, private pension annuities falling and falling. Inflation eroding  the value of money. QE making money worthless unless you're balls deep in property.

All that money people are putting in will be a fraction of what they need/were promised

When tge immigrants go home and/or the £ collapses it'll get even worse.

The pension pyramid scam makes the housing one looks sane.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA448
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Pension ages being pushed back, private pension annuities falling and falling.

All that money people are putting in will be a fraction of what they need/were promised

When tge immigrants go home the £ collapses it'll get even worse.

The pension pyramid scam makes the housing one looks sane.

Agree pension ages are being pushed back.  I'm planning on no State Pension.  In theory I can still get my Private Pension at 55 but am planning on 60.  Won't buy an annuity but will just use drawdown.

Money will be a fraction if you have an unfavourable Defined Benefit.  All my pensions are in SIPP's where my risk is the vagaries of Mr Market and I have nobody promising me anything.

Money is invested in a balanced portfolio of asset classes covering much of the globe.  A £ collapse would result in some losses but only a smallish percentage providing the rest of the world doesn't follow suit.

Not having a dig, just trying to show my thought process.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ok, I'll bite, please enlighten us to WHY ?

Why do you feel compelled to log on here and tell us the narrative of success ?

We all know where house prices have gone, we dont need someone to provide an alternative, it's discuss there daily.

When you say "people like me", you mean people who want to see house prices collapse, people who are complaining about the unfairness of an uncontrollable elite magicking up cash to hand you 20K a year.

What are people like you doing here ?

We hear this s**t day in day out, look at me, look what i've had, prices went up,  you think you're a winner yet you cant spend the cash you've gained.  

Please explain it to me, because from where I sitting it's people like YOU that are the problem in the country.

Wish you would just f$$$$$k right off to your pretend getaway in france, hopefully there will be no internet access.

HOLA4411
11 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Agree pension ages are being pushed back.  I'm planning on no State Pension.  In theory I can still get my Private Pension at 55 but am planning on 60.  Won't buy an annuity but will just use drawdown.

Money will be a fraction if you have an unfavourable Defined Benefit.  All my pensions are in SIPP's where my risk is the vagaries of Mr Market and I have nobody promising me anything.

Money is invested in a balanced portfolio of asset classes covering much of the globe.  A £ collapse would result in some losses but only a smallish percentage providing the rest of the world doesn't follow suit.

Not having a dig, just trying to show my thought process.

No, I know.

99% of the country arent doing that tho.  You're talking specifically about your own situation, i'm talking general.

You're kind of agreeing with my statement are you not "Pensions are worthless", it not worthless, worth a fraction of what people thought.  

HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, thewig said:

yeah but, propaganda doesn't exist because it doesn't work, nor does brainwashing because everyone ever has their own mind and is an individual thinker who is completely isolated from any external influences. 

etc.

Venger's gonna get you.

I tell my children that now.

Only kidding Venger.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No, I know.

99% of the country arent doing that tho.  You're talking specifically about your own situation, i'm talking general.

You're kind of agreeing with my statement are you not "Pensions are worthless", it not worthless, worth a fraction of what people thought.  

I'm saying it depends.  I expect some will lose (BHS for example) and some will win (I hope that includes me).

HOLA4414
4 hours ago, Thorn said:

Did the increase in price of your house encourage you to spend in the real economy?

(it would be interesting to know because then that would say that the free printed money from QE that inflated your house value had trickled down to the economy?)

No not really changed anything because of what local house prices are doing but I am not one for material possessions etc and HATE shopping, branded goods (except trainers) , shop at Aldi / Lidl the majority of the time, drive a 5 year old van and as we would need to sell and probably move outside of UK to realise any of those paper gains.

I have done the same before though as we bought our first place in 2003, sold that just before the peak and took money out of UK in 2006 as I thought house prices were crazy then. We then rented when coming back to UK when starting our family, bought a repo house 2009 ish when we had child #2 to give us some stability when no one else was buying, sold that to rent in another area and then finally bought the current family home 5 years ago. As someone else posted above we couldn't afford to buy the current house we are in now so don't regret buying it as we have had a great family home for 5 years, knocked several thousand pound off the mortgage and have enough of a buffer to withstand most shocks I think.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ok, I'll bite, please enlighten us to WHY ?

Why do you feel compelled to log on here and tell us the narrative of success ?

We all know where house prices have gone, we dont need someone to provide an alternative, it's discuss there daily.

When you say "people like me", you mean people who want to see house prices collapse, people who are complaining about the unfairness of an uncontrollable elite magicking up cash to hand you 20K a year.

What are people like you doing here ?

We hear this s**t day in day out, look at me, look what i've had, prices went up,  you think you're a winner yet you cant spend the cash you've gained.  

Please explain it to me, because from where I sitting it's people like YOU that are the problem in the country.

I come on here to read about all sorts not just house prices such as the bitcoin, tech news, current affairs etc as I genuinely think HPC has some really great members and content but very rarely post these days as people like you jump on anyone with an alternative view to your own and I have better things to do than start several threads per day or waste my time with the likes of you. 

Also to reiterate, I don't agree with people having second homes, I don't agree with property speculators, the Government and Bank of England kicking the can down the road but at some point you have to do what's right for YOU and if you have children especially them in terms of providing stability at school etc. 

42 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:rolleyes:

MODS ?

I knew this thread would pull the trolls out the woodwork, you cant help yoursleves.  You fall for it every time.

Why are you here, are things that bad that you have to come onto some tony website and try and convince the casual brower that we are talking **** and housing is for winners ?

Sad, desperate and scared.

I hate to think how many of you will turn up when a real collapse hits.

I am not here to convince anyone anything - I'm here for the intelligent, reasoned debate and to listen as well as provide alternative views but that's something you clearly don't do hence throwing insults when someone might actually have a point. 

HOLA4415

Very strange place I'm at  - I was working in IT in London but the work has dried up - haven't worked for 2 months - just tired of living here - looking at France - something I never thought I'd do but I'm just spent, really - can't be bothered with this quality of life anymore - the economic stagnation - my contracting rate hasn't really gone up for 20 years. 

People seem to be ruder than ever - it's a society in crisis if ever I've been in one. Time for me to leave. 

Interestingly I'm seeing big problems in IT - some of my best pals - geniuses at what they do - are all leaving - mainly to North America but one to Australia and one to Berlin - all leaders in their fields - all gone - it's really odd - did a ring around the other day and they were all in the same place I'm in - they'd just given up. 

And none of them had a problem getting brilliant job offers abroad at much higher money than they were getting in London. 

Heaven knows what's happening in IT - I think fin services spending is being cut back which pushes lots of IT workers into other fields - oversupply - yet what we do is a shortage skill apparently, so the immigrants keep coming in! It's just mental - I'm not anti-immigrant - it's just there is no skills shortage! 

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4416
4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Venger's gonna get you.

I tell my children that now.

Only kidding Venger.

just don't say his/her name three times, you'll trigger a cut and paste of your entire posting history, could be a lot of quick scrolling for anyone reading :P

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, fandanman said:

Wish you would just f$$$$$k right off to your pretend getaway in france, hopefully there will be no internet access.

Agreed. The OP lives in pretend land. Thinks their own opinion is the only one that counts and anyone with a different viewpoint is a troll. He/she is utterly depressing, and judging by their post count, doesn't have much of a life outside of the internet. The OP likely has underlying issues (possibly clinical depression, bipolar, personality disorder), and posting negativity is their escape mechanism.

HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, gruffydd said:

Very strange place I'm at  - I was working in IT in London but the work has dried up - haven't worked for 2 months - just tired of living here - looking at France - something I never thought I'd do but I'm just spent, really - can't be bothered with this quality of life anymore - the economic stagnation - my contracting rate hasn't really gone up for 20 years. 

People seem to be ruder than ever - it's a society in crisis if ever I've been in one. Time for me to leave. 

Interestingly I'm seeing big problems in IT - some of my best pals - geniuses at what they do - are all leaving - mainly to North America but one to Australia and one to Berlin - all leaders in their fields - all gone - it's really odd - did a ring around the other day and they were all in the same place I'm in - they'd just given up. 

my mate phoned me yesterday out of the blue, pretty smart guy, been an engineering contractor for the past decade or so, oil and gas and offshore whatever, raked it in, sat on a pile of cashmoney in the bank, he's a bit plotless, wondering what the point of it all is. I guess when you do everything you are programmed to do from school , keep your head down work hard etc. only to see the value of the money you earn become worthless as house prices are pumped out of your reach, it makes you think "WHAT THE F*CK IS THE POINT"

not long now surely...

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, Dreamcasting said:

Agreed. The OP lives in pretend land. Thinks their own opinion is the only one that counts and anyone with a different viewpoint is a troll. He/she is utterly depressing, and judging by their post count, doesn't have much of a life outside of the internet. The OP likely has underlying issues (possibly clinical depression, bipolar, personality disorder), and posting negativity is their escape mechanism.

trolly troll is trolling troll

HOLA4420
1 minute ago, thewig said:

my mate phoned me yesterday out of the blue, pretty smart guy, been an engineering contractor for the past decade or so, oil and gas and offshore whatever, raked it in, sat on a pile of cashmoney in the bank, he's a bit plotless, wondering what the point of it all is. I guess when you do everything you are programmed to do from school , keep your head down work hard etc. only to see the value of the money you earn become worthless as house prices are pumped out of your reach, it makes you think "WHAT THE F*CK IS THE POINT"

not long now surely...

+1 apart from the smart guy :lol:

HOLA4421
5 minutes ago, thewig said:

not long now surely...

It really is pointless - even London contracting rates don't get you much beyond a slavebox these days! Also incredibly intense and stressful. I'd rather be a hippy on a few acres in France - the UK seems to be locked into eternal stagnation. 

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4422
2 minutes ago, gruffydd said:

Very strange place I'm at  - I was working in IT in London but the work has dried up - haven't worked for 2 months

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I've run my own business for more than 15 years and am very much on 'the front line' as I trade business to business across every industry... around 2-3 months ago it all just stopped.

Everyone is saying the same thing - that there is no money left out there. Feels very much like the economy is in a tail spin. I've experienced a lot but nothing comes close to this - hit a brick wall.

HOLA4423
5 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I've run my own business for more than 15 years and am very much on 'the front line' as I trade business to business across every industry... around 2-3 months ago it all just stopped.

Everyone is saying the same thing - that there is no money left out there. Feels very much like the economy is in a tail spin. I've experienced a lot but nothing comes close to this - hit a brick wall.

Yeah it seems to have gone under - I was left speechless by my pal (he's top of his game - a programmer - written books - nobody is better in his field - nobody I have met or worked with in 20 years comes close in terms of ability) - he has emigrated for work without his family - if his work has dried up then I can see why mine did too! Quite incredible. 

I am seeing some firms I have contracted for trying to fill prog jobs at £10-20 quid an hour - would've got more for the same jobs in 1992! 

If the IT/digital/tech world is in trouble when its supposed to be "the future", it's a major warning sign. 

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4424
25 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

I've been a self employed residential surveyor for 9 years and worked for a national corporate for 15 years before that. September was dead, October fair and November dead. December is likely to be equally dead in the run up to Christmas so I too have closed the business.

The area I cover is Worcestershire, Shropshire and South West Midlands.

Lets just wait for the new year to see some of the agents follow suit ?

HOLA4425
5 hours ago, Errol said:

Why would it?

Wasn't that the reason given for QE/money printing? That it would "stimulate the economy"?

I'm interested to hear from anyone whose house went up in value after they bought it.

I want to know did they feel richer and then decide e.g. to buy new furniture/cars/ holidays/ whatever.

I think it would be interesting to know from people who are in the position if there has been any "trickle-down" that way to others or are most owners just delighted and sitting on their paper gains but not spending. 

That would help us get a sense as to are people tending to spend or hoard ie the velocity of money.