Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
zugzwang

Term Funding Scheme increased by £25bn to £140bn

Recommended Posts

Apparently Phil really, really wants a Corbyn government.

As I read it, they are in a total pickle, unless "something turns up". Insane house prices are making the natives restless, they are tacitly acknowledging there is a problem, whilst in practice stoking it. Car-crash recipe for anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the plates spinning till the Brexit is signed off, then the Tory party will rip itself to shreds and Corbyn inherits the crash.

Even with all this free money the property market is still on a cliff edge. So a few more people will pay over the odds, just means more desparate sellers down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Keep the plates spinning till the Brexit is signed off, then the Tory party will rip itself to shreds and Corbyn inherits the crash.

Even with all this free money the property market is still on a cliff edge. So a few more people will pay over the odds, just means more desparate sellers down the line.

No, keep the plates spinning and hope something turns up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

But still not extending it (yet) past 3 months time.

thats the key, although it seems that the effects will last quite a lot longer than the cut-off date, hence the want to juice it up towards the end, make sure the banks can take as much as possible before it ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Housing has to be the main reason the tories will lose power. Young people who have no chance of buying a house are never going to vote for a party that keeps on propping up high prices. I don't think young people are supporting Labour specifically because of corbyn- right now you could have a Martian leading if they promised a new approach which offers hope. The tories know this- why do they keep producing hpi schemes?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Housing has to be the main reason the tories will lose power. Young people who have no chance of buying a house are never going to vote for a party that keeps on propping up high prices. I don't think young people are supporting Labour specifically because of corbyn- right now you could have a Martian leading if they promised a new approach which offers hope. The tories know this- why do they keep producing hpi schemes?! 

They are a rudderless bag of muppets looking only at their internal politics, and have no room to contemplate the outside world and it's realities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Thought this was old news, or have they extended the extension?

Another one. Guess they'll have to amend the official excuse:

"The Term Funding Scheme (TFS) is designed to reinforce the transmission of Bank Rate cuts to those interest rates actually faced by households and businesses by providing term funding to banks at rates close to Bank Rate." http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/Pages/apf/termfunding/default.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, guest_northshore said:

Another one. Guess they'll have to amend the official excuse:

"The Term Funding Scheme (TFS) is designed to reinforce the transmission of Bank Rate cuts to those interest rates actually faced by households and businesses by providing term funding to banks at rates close to Bank Rate." http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/Pages/apf/termfunding/default.aspx

Rising rates and increasing QE at the same time. One is a fake move for the public, guess which?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittlePig said:

Apparently Phil really, really wants a Corbyn government.

As I read it, they are in a total pickle, unless "something turns up". Insane house prices are making the natives restless, they are tacitly acknowledging there is a problem, whilst in practice stoking it. Car-crash recipe for anger.

Nicely put.

£25bn though,he could try harder

Edited by Sancho Panza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slawek said:

Rising rates and increasing QE at the same time. One is a fake move for the public, guess which?

Neither's fake unfortunately.

The timing is interesting. My only (straw clutching) hope is that it's to counterbalance a budget policy, but realistically this Government most likely looking for amplification.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, guest_northshore said:

Neither's fake unfortunately.

The timing is interesting. My only (straw clutching) hope is that it's to counterbalance a budget policy, but realistically this Government most likely looking for amplification.

 

Banks have borrowed 90bln from TFS so far, if BOE expects 140bln by Feb, that is additional 50bln in 3 months, a huge QE.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 406 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.