House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jwrag

Sold Prices - How to find out what a house has sold for?

How can I find out the final selling price for a specific house? I've contacted LPS and they can only give the valuation calculated for rates payments. LPS suggested I contact the estate agent, but as they are a source of disinformation I wouldn't trust them as far as I could through them! 

All good stuff Willie. We've discussed the lack of transparency in NI. Doesn't stop with the land registry. I notice co-ownership and 6 years late with their accounts. Publicly funded and don't see the need to publish accounts. 

The land registry FYI is down at the PWC building. 

You normally can get the price from Land Reg. This is all online in the rest of the UK but Willie says we are behind the times here. I wouldn't credit the MLA's with anything here that would be crediting them with actually taking action. I understand it is the cost of implementing a complete new system. The multi, multi million (useless) Land Web system they took 10 years to implement wont do this and I imagine they are too embarrassed to admit that they spent a fortune on a useless and outdated system.

I don't think more of our MLA's here own property that the rest of the UK. Indeed the opposite might be the truth.

On 21/11/2017 at 11:42 AM, 2buyornot2buy said:

I notice co-ownership and 6 years late with their accounts. Publicly funded and don't see the need to publish accounts. 

2017 NI Co-ownership Accounts published here 2017 AC

LPSNI  (Lanyon Plaza, Belfast - opposite Holton hotel).

They can do a search for you. Very helpful and friendly staff. Or you can apply for online account and do at your leisure at home.

It's about £5-12 per search depending on what you're after (terrible I know), but it is very useful if you're zeroing in on particular houses and want to get comparatives (e.g. last sold price, next door last sold prices, deed details).

It is a bit of a disgrace that this information isnt freely available, as the market would certainly benefit from it (volitility, transparency etc).  MLAs need to get their act together to rectify it and it would be very simple to implement.

Good luck!

On 3/10/2018 at 9:12 AM, top_dag20001 said:

LPSNI  (Lanyon Plaza, Belfast - opposite Holton hotel).

They can do a search for you. Very helpful and friendly staff. Or you can apply for online account and do at your leisure at home.

It's about £5-12 per search depending on what you're after (terrible I know), but it is very useful if you're zeroing in on particular houses and want to get comparatives (e.g. last sold price, next door last sold prices, deed details).

It is a bit of a disgrace that this information isnt freely available, as the market would certainly benefit from it (volitility, transparency etc).  MLAs need to get their act together to rectify it and it would be very simple to implement.

Good luck!

it would be interesting to know what they would loose by not charging as that is now the only reason for not making this available. they appear to now have the web based system available (although I haven't tried it yet). 

Does anybody know what a house asking say 300k here today would have likely gone for, say, back in 2007? 

Whats your estimates for a 4 bedder at that price today? 

6 hours ago, Thorn said:

Does anybody know what a house asking say 300k here today would have likely gone for, say, back in 2007? 

It really depends on the area. 

11 hours ago, Thorn said:

We are on average over 40% below the crazy prices 10 years ago.However as stated it depends on the location as some areas fell more than others and indeed the house type.

Using this crude average we can assume c£500k for 2007 prices.