Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Asteroid .... or Something Else ?

Recommended Posts

If I was designing a star-cruiser it would be long and sleek like that, and not have lots of large sticky-out-bits, like Enterprise (say).  But I would paint it yellow, perhaps with stripes.

Anyway, It certainly makes our own interstellar probe, Voyager, look a bit puny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dgul said:

If I was designing a star-cruiser it would be long and sleek like that, and not have lots of large sticky-out-bits, like Enterprise (say).  But I would paint it yellow, perhaps with stripes.

Anyway, It certainly makes our own interstellar probe, Voyager, look a bit puny.

Why? It doesn't need to be aerodynamic. It could be in the the shape of a giant karzie for all it matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Why? It doesn't need to be aerodynamic. It could be in the the shape of a giant karzie for all it matters.

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Starshot  - they expect some would be lost due to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Starshot  - they expect some would be lost due to it.

Interesting enough.

If you like hard sci-fi that deals with this kind of thing you should check out Tau-Zero by Paul Anderson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I see it will take 20 years to get there. Any chance we can stick all the remoaners on it and accidentally lose radio contact ?

What, make them Leave? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). 

Only on materials and technologies that we are familiar with. Who knows what substances and shielding the Aliens have access to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

What, make them Leave? :D

Basically yes :)

If I was so enamored of Europe I would go and live there. My guess is that wasting your time making god knows how many posts a day on websites is far more damaging to your business prospects than leaving the EU. Edit : "Your" doesn't refer to you specifically RQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 406 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.