House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bsmf

RIP lawyers

Yepp. I was learning to use robotic process automation last week (uipath). Lawyers, accounts, admin and lots more is and will be impacted. I just have to keep ahead of the curve!...

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Yepp. I was learning to use robotic process automation last week (uipath). Lawyers, accounts, admin and lots more is and will be impacted. I just have to keep ahead of the curve!...

indeed.

you can see all of the judicial system being overhauled and replaced by tyrell corporation bladerunner devices for detecting replicants.

complete with facial/voice/iris monitors etc etc...and no crafty semantics or nuances in legal definitions to squabble over at £400 per hour either...they should be sh1tting themselves.

SFO figures from the Rolls-Royce case show that 600,000 documents a day could be processed by AI, compared with about 300 by a lawyer.”

I guess that’s where the no-brainer comment comes from! There’s no competition is there really - AI wins

16 hours ago, Ash4781 said:

SFO figures from the Rolls-Royce case show that 600,000 documents a day could be processed by AI, compared with about 300 by a lawyer.”

I guess that’s where the no-brainer comment comes from! There’s no competition is there really - AI wins

Dunno, aside from obvious anti-lawyer jokes what would actually be gained by that? Is there a lawyer shortage? If not then there's no point in building complicated machines to do jobs people can do.

Don't forget doctors. Pretty much any job that's based on knowing things rather than doing things is going to be obsolete before too long.

Particularly those were the workers have been able to artificially increase their wages through regulation.

21 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Dunno, aside from obvious anti-lawyer jokes what would actually be gained by that? Is there a lawyer shortage? If not then there's no point in building complicated machines to do jobs people can do.

24/7 working robot , five times faster, for a fifth of the price and making no errors. 

4 hours ago, MarkG said:

Don't forget doctors. Pretty much any job that's based on knowing things rather than doing things is going to be obsolete before too long.

Particularly those were the workers have been able to artificially increase their wages through regulation.

Knowing things and just requiring blind database-like access. Having to make use of that knowledge, not so much. Expert systems is a concept that's pretty much fizzled out. Doing things probably stands a greater risk of being automated away. Not that there's much point in automating any of them AFAICT.

the judges could be robots as well. the whole judicial system from police to prison guard

even the inmates as you send your personal robot out to commit your crimes

Litigation will become very cheap and there will be an explosion of litigation, everyone will be filling suits against everyone for the most trivial reasons, society could change as a result.

Or

Lawyers have protected their profession for centuries, they won't stop now, I can see the law changing to require human lawyers at some point in the process, they will then exploit the boom in litigation.