House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

With BTLers crashing out hard over the next few years once the hard of thinking (95% of them) catch up with S24, this is a way to 'soft landing' demand while buying votes. Just as long as demand from FTBs doesn't increase past previous BTL levels. They are still going to be constrained by MMR etc. on lending and possible FLS tapering.

Oop north etc. this has little effect, most FTB properties are bellow the threshold.

Yes.

Do we still get pension tax relief?

36 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I said:

'Tax or clawback of land with planning permission.

Use it or lose it, aimed at land hoarding.

Oh dear. Builders have finally been caught out.'

You replied:

'Yeah. Tories get tough on builders.

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/tories-buouyed-by-construction-donations

Dream on! :lol:'

BBC says:

' Compulsory purchase of land banked by developers for financial reasons '

Like all budgets, Id give it a couple of days whilst the intended and unintended corners emerge.

Sky News says:

":: Review ordered to study planning laws and "fix problem" of "land-banking". The Chancellor threatens compulsory purchases if necessary to get projects off the ground."

"Review ordered"... :lol: 

"threatens compulsory purchases if necessary:D

Well, I guess it will turn out they won't be necessary after all.

1 minute ago, Social Justice League said:

When house prices crash through the floor, the economy has other areas to fall back on.

They are.......????............err....................the gig economy?............zero hours contracts?.................manufacturing?..................consumers?...............no, nothing then.

Union jack production.

Or we're all going to get rich by charging whopping tariffs on our imports.

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Hammond hasn't addressed the housing market at all.

How odd, as they must know that they are going to be voted out with that sad effort of a budget.

Yes he has, he''s pushing prices up....he'll benefit from this...housing market doing just fine.

Im still on page 5 !!!

So the main housing announcement (SDLT cut) is just another HPI booster. Predictable, but still sad.

If I was a 2010/2015 intake Tory MP I'd be getting twitchy. It looks like the Tory party leadership are not fussed about Tory electoral prospects in the 2020s. May and Hammond have both been in Parliament for over 20 years, if 2022 is their time to leave politics they won't be especially upset.

Edited by Dorkins
20 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

When house prices crash through the floor, the economy has other areas to fall back on.

They are.......????............err....................the gig economy?............zero hours contracts?.................manufacturing?..................consumers?...............no, nothing then.

Coffee shops and nail salons 

1 hour ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Fairly certain he said on NEW cars. Reuters seems to back my hearing up however there are a bunch of red tops with articles saying it will be for all cars.

The announcement said new cars and I think then only for the first year. I'm trying to understand the point of this announcement. As far as I understand, virtually all new cars have been Euro 6 since 2016/17, so I'm not sure where his 200 million is coming from.

DM agrees it's just new cars http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5107629/Older-diesel-cars-kicked-higher-tax-bracket.html

Although lots of places saying it's retrospective, wrongly I think.

2 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

So the main housing announcement (SDLT cut) is just another HPI booster. Predictable, but still sad.

If I was a 2010/2015 intake Tory MP I'd be getting twitchy. It looks like the Tory party leadership are not fussed about Tory electoral prospects in the 2020s.

Politics wise, it is a good sounding policy that Tory MPs will trumpet in TV spots and interviews - much like help to buy was endlessly parroted as doing something for the young un's.

So imagine that will keep them happy to cover their talking points.

However HTB has generally been found out in the media now, so maybe this one will be as well.. but is mostly about talking big, rather than doing big.

Tis a shame, you feel that May's government are in a position where they could genuinely be quite radical; but is safety first tinkering as ever..

2 minutes ago, london_thirtythree said:

However HTB has generally been found out in the media now, so maybe this one will be as well.. but is mostly about talking big, rather than doing big.

Voters know perfectly well whether the roof over their heads belongs to them or somebody else, no need for anything to be found out. If the Tories don't start creating millions of homeowners they will start losing elections.

13 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Okay 220 goes to 300.

So reading between the lines, railcard concessions married in with stamp duty relief under what a flat costs in London = an attempt to extend the commuter belt on shitboxes outside the M25++.

Edited by Maynardgravy
bloody spellcheck.
23 minutes ago, LiveinHope said:

The announcement said new cars and I think then only for the first year. I'm trying to understand the point of this announcement. As far as I understand, virtually all new cars have been Euro 6 since 2016/17, so I'm not sure where his 200 million is coming from.

DM agrees it's just new cars http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5107629/Older-diesel-cars-kicked-higher-tax-bracket.html

Although lots of places saying it's retrospective, wrongly I think.

Look at the URL... they've amended the content but the URL remains...