House Price Crash Forum
North London Rent Girl

Radio 4 You and Yours BTL Landlords selling up

EDIT: Topic came on at 12.37.  A landlord on there thinking of selling a large portfolio. Not enough profit left in it. Seems many BTL landlords are now selling up. Well worth a listen. 

Edited by juvenal

3 hours ago, juvenal said:

EDIT: Topic came on at 12.37.  A landlord on there thinking of selling a large portfolio. Not enough profit left in it. Seems many BTL landlords are now selling up. Well worth a listen. 

The magically disappearing houses did a quick dance across the stage again, did you catch that? When the rentals are sold there will be fewer places available, build to rent outfits might cover some of the gap but not all of it, shortage, higher rents, it's going to be terrible for all of us. They're worried for their tenants, those BTL landlords, they just really care about people, you know? Sniff.

1 minute ago, nome said:

''Your typical BTL property isn't your typical FTBer property''... yeah Right!

It’s infuriating that the media constantly let that line be peddled. 

What the f*ck are they then?

On 16/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, nome said:

Yes it fuxxing is FFS.

On 16/11/2017 at 4:26 PM, North London Rent Girl said:

The magically disappearing houses did a quick dance across the stage again, did you catch that? When the rentals are sold there will be fewer places available, build to rent outfits might cover some of the gap but not all of it, shortage, higher rents, it's going to be terrible for all of us. They're worried for their tenants, those BTL landlords, they just really care about people, you know? Sniff.

Sounds like an unbalanced piece. Grounds for a complaint perhaps. 

'Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new property to live in, and the lender that I have gone with (BOS) has approved my mortgage on the condition that I sell the BTL that I have with them.

They have also given me a 3 month timescale of completion to do this.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know of any issues in case my property doesn’t sell?

Thank you'

OK, this sounds like leverage limits.

5 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Sounds like an unbalanced piece. Grounds for a complaint perhaps. 

I see you're new to You +Yours and Moneybox ...

Moody Moodie is the one who, if I recall correctly, had a PovertyLater avatar which was him in front of a gym mirror in boxers shorts, trainers and nothing else, taking a picture of himself with a phone.

He used to have strong opinions about the BBC

I am not the least bit interested in your opinion Mandy

I am however unlike you, very interested in the future of us landlords, our businesses, families and more importantly our tenants without whom we wouldnt survive.

You cozy up to these BBC vilians at your peril, they have had the benefit of doubt in this and many other contexts for far too long and like Shelter are deeply political, evil and cruel.

Source

Amusingly he also likes to use the work incongruous but doesn't know what it means and can't spell it :rolleyes:

Ros

The bastards are incongurous idiots at the best of times and people like us expect and see the best in people and life and hope we will be treated as we treat others. No chance with the political class. Bring back Nigel.
I'm soiled and spoiled.

Source

Yes she is a liar a troublemaker and incongruous witch without a clue In the world how to deal with any social problem, but she gets air time and we don't. I suppose countering her lies is one way but we have to do that for every leftie nut looking to vilify us as easy low fruit distractions. We need a loud voice of our own with gravitas that they are then forced to disprove, which they won't be able to. I'm not sure what that looks like yet but it isn't any of the bodies representing landlords. Needs to be someone already in the mix

Source

I guess ditching the pants avatar and an appearance on You and yours is part of his decision to become the "loud voice" with "gravitas" that is all that is stopping the over-leveraged portfolio clowns from convincing the government that gambling on crap houses is the solution and not the problem.

On 11/16/2017 at 4:45 PM, nome said:

Well it isn't.

Not anymore anyway, the landlords have seen to that.  

Thanks to them, the typical first time buyer property will soon be a grave. 

Edited by DrBuyToLeech

On 16/11/2017 at 12:41 PM, Lavalas said:

On now - some guy from Savilles and now Landlord Jamie Moody to tell us how bad S24 is. Name sounds familiar. You and Yours love this crap.

Theyll love it more if the slumlord is over 50, works i n the public sector or BBC, and feels he's been missold by the banks...

'Now Mr SLumlord. I beleive you were tricked into buying 100 house by the bank'

'Yes, I said to my wife that  was just nipping out for some sugar . When I returned, 4 hours later, I owned 100 flats, all crammed with Polish workers.'

10 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

Moody Moodie is the one who, if I recall correctly, had a PovertyLater avatar which was him in front of a gym mirror in boxers shorts, trainers and nothing else, taking a picture of himself with a phone.

He used to have strong opinions about the BBC

Source

Amusingly he also likes to use the work incongruous but doesn't know what it means and can't spell it :rolleyes:

Source

Source

I guess ditching the pants avatar and an appearance on You and yours is part of his decision to become the "loud voice" with "gravitas" that is all that is stopping the over-leveraged portfolio clowns from convincing the government that gambling on crap houses is the solution and not the problem.

https://www.property118.com/member/?id=362

'One way to stuff them is to give notice to your current tenants, then take on DSS tenants in each room and give each an AST stating its their responsibility to pay all bills, then you'll pay no council tax.'

Dont You+Yours have researchers and a computer to google on?

Edited by spyguy

Watch out.

Hes connected:

'Luke. I shook Nuttals hand on S24 going into their manifesto and the bastards have backtracked the chicken shits. Waste of space these politicians. I'm spoiling..'

13 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

Amusingly he also likes to use the work incongruous but doesn't know what it means and can't spell it 

That'll be "inglorious", as in the movie?

2 minutes ago, Fence said:

That'll be "inglorious", as in the movie?

To be honest, its BTLers lack of maths that worries me more than the their English ...

4 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Watch out.

Hes connected:

'Luke. I shook Nuttals hand on S24 going into their manifesto and the bastards have backtracked the chicken shits. Waste of space these politicians. I'm spoiling..'

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Does anyone have any experience of this or know of any issues in case my property doesn’t sell?

Sure, it's called buying a house and living in it.  I do it every day.  Simples.