House Price Crash Forum
Dave Beans

It’s time to call the housing crisis what it really is: the largest transfer of wealth in living memory

8 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

I remember watching with jaw agape, the flames of HPI relight in 2013. The thought struck me then, that call me Dave and Osborne had chosen a route that would have no happy ending. Jubilee's were a feature as society just gave up production and turned to banditry when the debt burden became too much.

As John Stuart Mill wrote back in 1848:

“If some of us grow rich in our sleep, where do we think this wealth is coming from?  It doesn’t materialise out of thin air. It doesn’t come without costing someone, another human being. It comes from the fruits of others’ labours, which they don’t receive”

Anyone good at Meme’s? This is something which should be hammered into every boomers, bankers, EA’s and politicians thick skull!

57 minutes ago, LittlePig said:

I remember watching with jaw agape, the flames of HPI relight in 2013. The thought struck me then, that call me Dave and Osborne had chosen a route that would have no happy ending. Jubilee's were a feature as society just gave up production and turned to banditry when the debt burden became too much.

They said to Nick Clegg they wouldn't build social housing because that would create Labour voters. No the NEED for social housing creates Labour voters, and they sure as hell have created that.

The 2015 general election win will go down as one of the great pyrrhic political victories.

Edited by Si1

42 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

“If some of us grow rich in our sleep, where do we think this wealth is coming from?  It doesn’t materialise out of thin air. It doesn’t come without costing someone, another human being. It comes from the fruits of others’ labours, which they don’t receive”

Anyone good at Meme’s? This is something which should be hammered into every boomers, bankers, EA’s and politicians thick skull!

Bankers know. They just don't care. At all.

1 hour ago, Switch625 said:

Worse. They think earning making money in their sleep is the goal

Being able to live off the interest on the interest is an ideal state of affairs.

Spot on...I have been posting along these lines for years...as far as I am concerned this is the whole point and the reason I joined this formal and why I agitate on this issue.  I would argue that the transfer of wealth we have seen since around 1996 has been the greatest shift of wealth since the enclosures of the 18th and 19th centuries.  This shift will go down in history as being as significant and future generations will judge the leaders responsible harshly.

I only wish more people would read this and recognise the gross injustice at the heart of our society...I really don't understand why more folks on the wrong side of this wealth transfer are not more angry.

9 minutes ago, Wayward said:

..I really don't understand why more folks on the wrong side of this wealth transfer are not more angry.

Because they are too buys being upset about trump and brexit and virtue signaling about the treatment of refugees. Young people today are crap and being upset about things that actually matter.

Edited by goldbug9999

4 hours ago, chronyx said:

Bankers know. They just don't care. At all.

Bankers will do what bankers do, like sharks etc...the policies of our elected politicians are more infuriating.  They deliberately pursue policies that they know will distort the housing market and shift wealth from the poor and young /unborn to the wealthy and old.  This is tyranny of the majority (google it), selfish and evil.  When the body politic has at its core a policy so profoundly evil this has a malignant influence on all society and we see this poison at work now.

9 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Because they are too buys being upset about trump and brexit and virtue signaling about the treatment of refugees. Young people today are crap and being upset about things that actually matter.

That’s harsh but true, however true of every generation. When things are in equilibrium you can agitate on issues that impact your conscience whilst still being fairly confident things are going to work out.

The difference is now - housing perhaps is the big issue and yet our younger generations are focusing on other matters - latterly harassment in the workplace 

Yet as a fully paid up member of 80’s London yuppie world living in dock lands from 85 - didn’t see many of us Agitating against the Big Bang in the city or the withdrawal of Miras

To say young people are crap is selective memory loss and frankly why for good reason boomers are seen as rose tinted spec a***holes 

Edited by Greg Bowman

10 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

They can't afford a house and have massive debts. Its just something to focus their attention on. Spoon fed by the media.

15 hours ago, Smiley George said:

Do you have a direct link to his forum post?

Edited by Eddie_George

The QE magic money tree is a double bonanza for the wealthy. Increasing the value of your property and saving you money.

It's the poor and the young and the renters that are paying to make the rich richer.

That is what the Tories want. That is what the Tories do. 

DOq3J95WsAAJjGS.jpg

Not sure about housing, wealth and it's transfer.  BTL excluded, you need somewhere to live.  Does not matter what it's supposedly worth.  Sure, you can downsize but that's not a massive amount for most and certainly isn't the whole amount.  Wealth is more about assets over and above what you need.  You need a house but not a pot of gold.  The ONS data continues to show very very few households have a pot of gold.