Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Does anyone care about this John Lewis ad? Or is interest just a media construct?

Recommended Posts

As per title.

 

The last couple of years the media has got all excited about the M&S and John Lewis Christmas ads.

 

But does anyone really give a monkees?

 

Feels to me like an artificial construct of a dying old media.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reddog said:

But does anyone really give a monkees?

 

Feels to me like an artificial construct of a dying old media.

 

The advert or Christmas? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who used to work in advertising, she told me that you can always tell when a company is in trouble by their advertising.

First they drop real celebrities from their campaigns.

Then the adverts appear more often but outside the prime time slots (more bang for your buck)

Then they employ lots of cheap actors singing and dancing and showing happy faces.

Then they drop the original recordings of songs and let the cheap actors sing themselves (saves paying the artist royalties)

Based on that and what's appearing on TV at the moment there seem to be a lot of companies out there with money problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Option5 said:

I have a friend who used to work in advertising, she told me that you can always tell when a company is in trouble by their advertising.

First they drop real celebrities from their campaigns.

Then the adverts appear more often but outside the prime time slots (more bang for your buck)

Then they employ lots of cheap actors singing and dancing and showing happy faces.

Then they drop the original recordings of songs and let the cheap actors sing themselves (saves paying the artist royalties)

Based on that and what's appearing on TV at the moment there seem to be a lot of companies out there with money problems.

 

bit like last year with the HTB adverts constantly on the radio  especially targeting kiss fm younger listeners i guess  . door bells ringing with the mantra you could own your own home it may cost less than renting.  

lets not forget the 500k of debt needed , just that it could cost less than renting. 

when did the government start advertising debt. disgusting scum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 9:14 AM, Option5 said:

I have a friend who used to work in advertising, she told me that you can always tell when a company is in trouble by their advertising.

First they drop real celebrities from their campaigns.

Then the adverts appear more often but outside the prime time slots (more bang for your buck)

Then they employ lots of cheap actors singing and dancing and showing happy faces.

Then they drop the original recordings of songs and let the cheap actors sing themselves (saves paying the artist royalties)

Based on that and what's appearing on TV at the moment there seem to be a lot of companies out there with money problems.

 

 

On 10/11/2017 at 8:55 AM, reddog said:

As per title.

 

The last couple of years the media has got all excited about the M&S and John Lewis Christmas ads.

 

But does anyone really give a monkees?

 

Feels to me like an artificial construct of a dying old media.

 

M&S emailed me their Christmas ad with Paddington Bear the other day.  

I did idly click on it, but can't have been paying much attention, because all I could think was, rubbish!  Why isn't Father Christmas dressed like a proper Father Christmas? 

Er, have since been told he's not Father Christmas, he's a burglar.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 407 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.