House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Crusty on QT

Question Time.

I almost feel sorry for the Tory woman . The government are getting such a kicking tonight and she looks like a rabbit caught in the head lights. 

12 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

Sign of the top.

the crash is over when the glutton's BMI comes back to double figures :o

No housing questions, never mind.

Far more entertaining was Charles Moore. Every time he spoke it was a car-crash partly due to him stammering, partly due to some well-timed heckles and audience gasps. He "lost the room" whenever he opened his mouth, but did get one round of applause once. 

43 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

No housing questions, never mind.

We've perhaps all been in this game far too long to claim any sort of perspective, and that's why "never mind" seems to me an appropriate comment.

But if we shake ourselves. Wake ourselves. Make ourselves view this anew through the prism of the unfamiliar. Ask ourselves how would it seem, if, perchance, some media-hailed, self-declared, doyenne parades herself at a time of turmoil in her field ... let us say an LA actress in a time of Weinstein ... a celeb farmer amidst foot-and-mouth ... and then fails to be questioned.

How would that seem?

she made an utter fool of herself by conflating duty free shops in airports with offshore tax havens for the super rich. Moore was the only panellist who mentioned housing by further muddying the waters by talking about we do not pay CGT on our houses. An audience member then attempted to make a point about housing but wasn't allowed to complete his sentence by Dimblebore.

42 minutes ago, the_duke_of_hazzard said:

"There will never be a house price crash because men will always want to put a roof over their wives' heads" - my favourite Crusty quote, from a Radio 4 'panel' on housing.

So how did we get in the 90s?

10 hours ago, Insane said:

Question Time.

I almost feel sorry for the Tory woman . The government are getting such a kicking tonight and she looks like a rabbit caught in the head lights. 

I remember when UKIP got 50% of the vote in Clacton and the BBC had a question time audience in Clacton with almost no UKIP supporters - their audiences are not very representative.

12 hours ago, Insane said:

Question Time.

I like your use of the word almost.  I find it really hard to feel sorry for any Tory.

and now it appears Crusty is considered nowt to do with housing by the mods.

Anyone recall how back in 2004 she declared HousePriceCrash to be populated with the same kind of people as terrorists who put anthrax in the water supply, hell bent on wrecking property investements? Or for those with a shorter memory, her long running series Location, Location. Location - a property show? No? Well maybe you can recall how last night she was introduced as a "property expert"?

No? The you must presumably be a moderator. "Off topic"? Crusty? Are you 'avin a swift 'un?

Meanwhile Authorised Push Payment Scams remains, despite the fact that these scams are only relevant to people buying a house ... and unless my memory is failing me, this site is not exactly dedicated to that.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Trump Invective said:

I notice that Any Questions is unable for streaming on iPlayer radio today - was there something juicy / libellous in there?? Did someone on the panel say that house prices were falling?

Its repeated on Saturday, followed by any answers.  Probably available after that.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, stuckmojo said:

There's somebody if she hadn't come from quasi royalty would be at the checkout in Asda.  

Apt metaphor for 21st century UK though, an aristocrat taking peasants from hovel to hovel telling them to lower their expectations and pay the asking price like good little serfs.