House Price Crash Forum

Foreign coins, out of date currencies, stuff the banks won't take

Mrs Bear

We had a stack of all sorts,  coins in umpteen currencies, inc. pre Euro, e.g. Austrian schillings from God know when, plus small denomination notes the banks won't take, like $1 bills. Some old UK coins, too. 

Mr B took a load of it to one of the Fourex.com machines at (I think) Oxford Circus underground, and came back with over £90.  

Just saying, in case anyone else has all sorts cluttering up drawers and cupboards. 

4 hours ago, Mrs Bear said:

We had a stack of all sorts,  coins in umpteen currencies, inc. pre Euro, e.g. Austrian schillings from God know when, plus small denomination notes the banks won't take, like $1 bills. Some old UK coins, too. 

Mr B took a load of it to one of the Fourex.com machines at (I think) Oxford Circus underground, and came back with over £90.  

Just saying, in case anyone else has all sorts cluttering up drawers and cupboards. 

they have one of these at kings cross tube station as well.I think these are actually very useful...if you don't travel so often it's not so good having a suitcase full of shrapnel you can't use.pity about the exchange rate they give but it's a nice idea.

there's certainly an opportunity for pound shops to do this sort of thing too!...banks hate having people come in with dozens of bags of 1p/2p/5p......if you give me the opportunity to throw all of my coppers into a machine,receive a voucher and pick up some cheap smellies+razors I'd take it.

Archived