House Price Crash Forum

Why is it so hard to buy a house?

btd1981

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

It's so hard to buy because households aren't large enough. All they need to do is allow threesome marriages, so household mortgages are triple income.

LTI and House Prices2017.jpg

:lol: 

That is one mad bubble.

It's amazing people cant see it and some mugs/evil ****s argue that this is sustainable/good.

43 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Here, what's the collective noun for a group of trolls.

Suggestions please.

I'd recommend a Bridging-Loan of them.

My favourite from here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

A pandemonium of trolls.

scream of estate agents.

crash of property investors

A cackle of Buy to letters ( hyenas, if you've seen them i the wild you'll have seen the likeness, horrible little creatures feasting on the prey of others ).

fall of central bankers.

And finally, a wisdom of HPCers

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Wow. BBC News tonight now showing their new Land Usage map of the UK, ready to view on their site, to explain to people just how Little Of The Land In the Country is Continuous Urban Fabric.

Only a tiny bit, less than 1% or so...the reporter now tells us.

It's mostly fields and stuff out there everybody. 

So let's all have a think, children... what are we now being warmed up for...? 

11 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Wow. BBC News tonight now showing their new Land Usage map of the UK, ready to view on their site, to explain to people just how Little Of The Land In the Country is Continuous Urban Fabric.

Only a tiny bit, less than 1% or so...the reporter now tells us.

It's mostly fields and stuff out there everybody. 

So let's all have a think, children... what are we now being warmed up for...? 

Being dressed up as make-shift foxes and hunted across the fields and woodlands by rich aristocrats.

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Being dressed up as make-shift foxes and hunted across the fields and woodlands by rich aristocrats.

Or rezoning and selling off the green belt parcels owned by politicians and their developer mates for massive taxpayer-gifted windfalls and private developments of high priced housing because they'll still sell for what people will borrow.

Which is sort of the same thing.

22 minutes ago, guest_northshore said:

Or rezoning and selling off the green belt parcels owned by politicians and their developer mates for massive taxpayer-gifted windfalls and private developments of high priced housing because they'll still sell for what people will borrow.

Which is sort of the same thing.

I thought it was something like that. All the Landbanks.

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

My favourite from here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

A pandemonium of trolls.

scream of estate agents.

crash of property investors

A cackle of Buy to letters ( hyenas, if you've seen them i the wild you'll have seen the likeness, horrible little creatures feasting on the prey of others ).

fall of central bankers.

And finally, a wisdom of HPCers

I was thinking

A ******ing bunch of ***** for central bankers?

8 minutes ago, guest_northshore said:

I'd like to believe in a huge publicly funded building program on public greenbelt land for public gain.

But to date every time a journalist says lack-of-supply a hpc dream dies.

Chin up.

if you're lucky you might get moved to a Stalinist style new town in the Home Counties with all the amenities and a great name.

Each one might get named after the owner of the Landbank that got to win the lottery sorry I mean generously sell the land to the state.

Or you might get Hammondville.

45 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Chin up.

if you're lucky you might get moved to a Stalinist style new town in the Home Counties with all the amenities and a great name.

Each one might get named after the owner of the Landbank that got to win the lottery sorry I mean generously sell the land to the state.

Or you might get Hammondville.

Chiswell estate sounds nice, then downsize to Castlemead House for a lifetime at his Chancellor's pleasure.

Edit: If I'm really lucky, perhaps something in Hammond garden village.

Edited by guest_northshore

16 hours ago, Assume The Opposite said:

Credit boom started under Thatcher with the new doctrine of neo-liberalism. People associate Blair with Labour but he was a continuation of the Neo-liberal dogma with some giveaways to keep people happy. Nothing Labour at all about Bliar. 

Camoron and coke sniffer Osboon continued with the dogma of neo-liberalism, asking the plebs to pay for the private debt bubble which blew up the global economy with austerity.

All these names suddenly seem very disingenuous to me: New Labour had nothing to do with the values of labour; old Liberals might have been free free trade, but they were also hard-money advocates. I even wonder whether Maggie was a supporter of Thatcherism. Instead, there is something nasty out there that doesn't want to be seen in the open, but hides behind poorly conceived aliases; and that thing is a cartel of debt-mongers.

Pleasant enough viewing, but as others have already said, doesn't even touch on the real reason why it's 'so hard to buy a house'... commercial banks, central bank and government all working together to keep house prices propped up at artificially high levels and allowing/encouraging people to take on ever higher levels of debt in order to afford them.

4 hours ago, nome said:

Pleasant enough viewing, but as others have already said, doesn't even touch on the real reason why it's 'so hard to buy a house'... commercial banks, central bank and government all working together to keep house prices propped up at artificially high levels and allowing/encouraging people to take on ever higher levels of debt in order to afford them.

100% agree.

Why aren't peoples wages rising at the same rate as average house prices?  Then HPI isn't an issue.

The average salary today should be around £75k per year to afford an 'average property'.

Currently it's sitting at £26k.  Totally laughable.

Clearly Mr. Howard is working for Russia and trying to destabilise our economy/House prices/way of life. He is going against the mainstream narrative and must therefore be an agent of a foreign power.

But seriously, good video! Although he should have mentioned the root cause which was Nixon's closure of the gold window and the end of the Bretton Woods system. Probably not as much comedic potential in that though.

Edited by Errol