House Price Crash Forum

Why is it so hard to buy a house?

btd1981

Russell Howard stoking the discontent:

Think of him what you like, but he's getting the message out there.

If politicians think the younger generation are not aware of what's going on and/or are happy taking this on the chin then this suggests they are very wrong.

Here's hoping anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bricks n' mortar said:

He doesn't have to spell it out.  Everyone knows how we got here.  Sure, the VI's will deny it.  But he knows they're squirming in their seats as generation rent give the applause.

But he does. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't understand the connection. The TV-watching masses certainly don't. Hell, some people on this forum still don't get it.

Edited by Eddie_George

Credit boom started under Thatcher with the new doctrine of neo-liberalism. People associate Blair with Labour but he was a continuation of the Neo-liberal dogma with some giveaways to keep people happy. Nothing Labour at all about Bliar. 

Camoron and coke sniffer Osboon continued with the dogma of neo-liberalism, asking the plebs to pay for the private debt bubble which blew up the global economy with austerity. 

Screen-Shot-2017-04-21-at-13_53_09.thumb.png.20c5bac0666fb517762b4ee8304fe614.png

2 hours ago, Assume The Opposite said:

Credit boom started under Thatcher with the new doctrine of neo-liberalism. People associate Blair with Labour but he was a continuation of the Neo-liberal dogma with some giveaways to keep people happy. Nothing Labour at all about Bliar. 

Camoron and coke sniffer Osboon continued with the dogma of neo-liberalism, asking the plebs to pay for the private debt bubble which blew up the global economy with austerity. 

Screen-Shot-2017-04-21-at-13_53_09.thumb.png.20c5bac0666fb517762b4ee8304fe614.png

That graph puts it all into perspective!

10 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Just yesterday @TheCountOfNowhere. challenged my assumption that they wouldnt change the hpi=good message in the MSM.

Hopefully the tide is turning and we'll see more of this! 

Did I ?

Dont remember that, I've no idea who you are.

I'd have said they would change the "prices only go up" message to a "prices falling" message.

Not sure I'd have any opinion on whether or not they'd say it was good or bad.

BBC currently saying collapse is bad ( who for I wonder ) though.

DONR0LHX0AABSDs.jpg

23 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Just yesterday @TheCountOfNowhere. challenged my assumption that they wouldnt change the hpi=good message in the MSM.

Hopefully the tide is turning and we'll see more of this! 

So i went through your posts from the last week and at no point that I can even see that i've replied to anything you've said.

That would make you, a liar, a troll, an idiot, or an idiot.

I dont know which, I dont care which, but you're blocked.

If you are going to try and sully someones name/reputation at least try and make it look convincing.

You trolls need to up your game.  Is it 1 troll idiot or a whole collection of them ?  Why are you hear, terrified you might loose out after laughing at us loosing our for 10 years while we've invested in gold, shares. bitcoin, families ? What a sad sad bunch the trolls must be.

MODS.  I think we've got another one.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

So i went through your posts from the last week and at no point that I can even see that i've replied to anything you've said.

If you are going to try and sully someones name/reputation at least try and make it look convincing.

You trolls need to up your game.  Is it 1 troll idiot or a whole collection of them ?  Why are you hear, terrified you might loose out after laughing at us loosing our for 10 years while we've invested in gold, shares. bitcoin, families ? What a sad sad bunch the trolls must be.

Here, what's the collective noun for a group of trolls.

Suggestions please.

I'd recommend a Bridging-Loan of them.

3 hours ago, Assume The Opposite said:

Couldn't agree more with all of this, absolutely, you need to look back to the late 70s at the latest to get a proper view. Since Thatcher it's been pure managerialism - 'how would you like your neo-liberal crony capitalism - boiled, fried, or poached?'.

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm none of those things- just stating that this supports your claim. (although maybe an idiot as I can't see how to quote from another thread- in this case, the BOE rate rise in November).  

Very true.  it's a shame the establishment dont have some way of sending out messages into peoples living rooms.