House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New Darker Law

Greenspan Out With A 0.25% Rise On Tuesday

When was the last time UK and US rates were the same? Is it likely that March could be the point where UK rates are lower than th US?

Mr Joe.

Edited by Mr Joe

Fed to raise US rates again as Greenspan era ends

What next for UK rates?

Only one way and that's up, up and away IMO.

NDL

oh dear!!!!,the IR cut brigade are going to be really upset.

why uk IR's WILL GO UP:

simple really,as soon as US IR's overtake UK IR's,sterling will slide.....causing inflation(curbed by higher IR's in a few months).....or IR's will go up EARLIER to protect the pound,at the expense of growth.

...look at what happened to sterling when US rates fell below.....now reverse it!!!!

So anyone think a £10 punt on interest rates rising in Feb is worth it? 150 - 1 at the moment.. mmm nice £1490 profit....

Personnaly I think they will stay put and rise in March. Increase in Feb will be too much of a shock for the British public.

So anyone think a £10 punt on interest rates rising in Feb is worth it? 150 - 1 at the moment.. mmm nice £1490 profit....

Personnaly I think they will stay put and rise in March. Increase in Feb will be too much of a shock for the British public.

Ive been in shock at the price of housing for 3 years FFS!!!!

An IR rise is feck all!!!

TB

Guest muttley

oh dear!!!!,the IR cut brigade are going to be really upset.

why uk IR's WILL GO UP:

simple really,as soon as US IR's overtake UK IR's,sterling will slide.....causing inflation(curbed by higher IR's in a few months).....or IR's will go up EARLIER to protect the pound,at the expense of growth.

...look at what happened to sterling when US rates fell below.....now reverse it!!!!

Falling Sterling....Hmmmm

We were saying this when UK IRs were 4.75% and US were 3.5%.It didn't stop the BoE cutting IRs and sterling stayed where it was.

Don't get hung up on rising IRs guys!

Falling Sterling....Hmmmm

We were saying this when UK IRs were 4.75% and US were 3.5%.It didn't stop the BoE cutting IRs and sterling stayed where it was.

Don't get hung up on rising IRs guys!

I see what you are saying, but the longer this goes on, the more I believe that rising IRs is the quickest way to bring about a crash.

People are so over-stretched that a few increase may well flood the market with even more properties.

@ abc, I'd avoid betting on a move in February. Last November I had speculated that it would happen in February, but now believe it April is more likely. Nice way to start the new tax year.

NDL